[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

Some Laythe tests, photos non contractual

i5GcuIp.png

8PTI6f0.png

5wE2twy.png

YkKCxJK.png

Absolutely breathtaking. The distant clouds in the first picture, in particular, are incredible. I understand that this is still in progress, but every screenshot gets me more and more excited for release. Keep up this fantastic work!

On 5/17/2022 at 12:59 PM, blackrack said:

"The sea"

UJ3nxD2.png

zmqGFxY.png

Genuinely the only thing missing now is mist / fog around the mountains.

You have done some incredible work here with the cloud tech, awesome work

On 5/21/2022 at 3:10 PM, Drupegod02 said:

are you able to download volumetric clouds or are they still in development?

Still in development...  we are all waiting eagerly...  heh.

That happens to me all the time. I don't know enough about coding to tell you why, but for whatever reason the city lights layer loves to duplicate itself above the cloud layers. A quick fix is to open the in-game GUI and reapply the city-lights config. It won't prevent the problem from happening again, but it's a decent enough band-aid. 

On 5/22/2022 at 4:30 AM, blackrack said:

Some Laythe tests, photos non contractual

i5GcuIp.png

8PTI6f0.png

5wE2twy.png

YkKCxJK.png

That just looks... so good. Can't find a appropriate word to praise.

I wonder how it looks inside the clouds and the performance impact on the game

On 5/16/2022 at 3:00 PM, blackrack said:

Decided to go for a quick flight just after

keIB3Mm.png

zuq6onY.png

SWW8FHE.png

SzjCyqQ.png

fm3X7qL.png

mmcTW6p.png

CbLCpVR.png

Ended up landing in this picturesque meadow

PfdO7hM.png

Trees and grass by @Gameslinx

Where exactly does everyone get the trees and ground plants/shrubbery im always seeing in screenshots and planetpacks? I've got scatterer, eve redux, parrallax, planetshine, AVP + AVP 43k clouds, TUFX, texture replacer, I've never come across any settings or configs to add trees as far as ive dove inbto.

Can you direct me to a source?

1 hour ago, Astra Infinitum said:

Where exactly does everyone get the trees and ground plants/shrubbery im always seeing in screenshots and planetpacks? I've got scatterer, eve redux, parrallax, planetshine, AVP + AVP 43k clouds, TUFX, texture replacer, I've never come across any settings or configs to add trees as far as ive dove inbto.

Can you direct me to a source?

It's in the new beta of Parallax. Available for now on the patreon -- link should be in the Parallax topic.

11 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

It's in the new beta of Parallax. Available for now on the patreon -- link should be in the Parallax topic.

Is it also in the Github ? Seems so in the master, cloning now ... If not, I can wait for it.

Well, that went well, I have no clue with github, I'd better wait it out :)

Edited by RW-1

6 hours ago, RW-1 said:

Is it also in the Github ? Seems so in the master, cloning now ... If not, I can wait for it.

Well, that went well, I have no clue with github, I'd better wait it out :)

It's not publicly available yet, I don't think. Thus the patreon.

On 5/16/2022 at 1:00 PM, blackrack said:

Decided to go for a quick flight just after

keIB3Mm.png

zuq6onY.png

SWW8FHE.png

SzjCyqQ.png

fm3X7qL.png

mmcTW6p.png

CbLCpVR.png

Ended up landing in this picturesque meadow

PfdO7hM.png

Trees and grass by @Gameslinx

My god. These are actual in game screenshots? This is KSP and it's somehow giving MSFS 2020  a run for its money. This is gonna be so sick when I can finally afford a computer that'll be able to run this at 60fps, probably some time in the mid 2040s.

Edited by cosekantphi

Just now, donnager fan said:

How do i install the EVE Configs?

If you're installing the base Environmental Visual Enhancements config, you just drag and drop the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements from this link into the Gamedata file for KSP, https://spacedock.info/mod/2631/Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux, and then drag and drop the BoulderCo file into the same location, which can be downloaded from this link: https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/download/EVE-1.2.2-1/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs-1.2.2.1.zip. Hope this helped. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure multiple people have asked this before, but how big is the current and planned performance difference with volumetric clouds? As in, if I run EVE Redux currently at a flat 60 FPS and everything else is held constant, what should I expect from the new update? (By the way, I think the new clouds look absolutely amazing)

On 6/27/2022 at 10:07 AM, t_v said:

I'm sure multiple people have asked this before, but how big is the current and planned performance difference with volumetric clouds? As in, if I run EVE Redux currently at a flat 60 FPS and everything else is held constant, what should I expect from the new update? (By the way, I think the new clouds look absolutely amazing)

From what I've seen from earlier tests Blackrack did a while back, its somewhere on the order of twice the impact of normal EVE, iirc