[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

On 10/3/2022 at 7:52 AM, blackrack said:

One day before ksp 2

I can’t tell if this means someday between now and KSP 2’s release, or if it’s exactly the day before KSP 2’s release. I choose to believe the latter because that’d be 10x as hilarious.

Hey, @blackrack quick question- you have said there will be decal cloud formations with the volumetric cloud release, but will we be able to configure large scale 3d formations? By this I mean like polar votices on gas giants, or large scale storms, and large duststorm fronts (like the ones we see on mars 100s of kilometers across.) Sorry if this is too early to ask.

4 hours ago, Benzo Kerman said:

Hey, @blackrack quick question- you have said there will be decal cloud formations with the volumetric cloud release, but will we be able to configure large scale 3d formations? By this I mean like polar votices on gas giants, or large scale storms, and large duststorm fronts (like the ones we see on mars 100s of kilometers across.) Sorry if this is too early to ask.

Yes, decals will offer a way to mix layers in a single layer basically (I also plan to have the decals be configurable in time, as in they can fade in/out and only appear at configured times). All these formations can be done already without decals they are just more static. I gotta finish up some things on the technical side then start making configs and showing off stuff like dust storms.

Edited by blackrack

This marks my 2nd dream about a KSP mod release: I was flying a private jet at night with volumetric clouds and rain, and there was a bug that caused the runway to always look wet. Of course, as it was raining, it worked fine.

I do wonder whether rain would be possible with, say, really big sheets with rain textures falling from clouds...

6 hours ago, LHACK4142 said:

This marks my 2nd dream about a KSP mod release: I was flying a private jet at night with volumetric clouds and rain, and there was a bug that caused the runway to always look wet. Of course, as it was raining, it worked fine.

I do wonder whether rain would be possible with, say, really big sheets with rain textures falling from clouds...

I have also been having a recurring dream where I imagine kerbal weather mod feeding into the Dev volumetric clouds creating global and dynamic clouds with wind, up drafts and storms all occuring naturally 

16 hours ago, LHACK4142 said:

The wet runway bug was actually a real bug...

Anyway for rain I'm going to for something like this at first, where it's just a cloud/fog under the actual clouds since that's how it looks from the air (image from dcs)

vpqq2Zo.jpg

9 hours ago, pingopete said:

I have also been having a recurring dream where I imagine kerbal weather mod feeding into the Dev volumetric clouds creating global and dynamic clouds with wind, up drafts and storms all occuring naturally 

Reality Simulator 2022

3 hours ago, blackrack said:

The wet runway bug was actually a real bug...

Anyway for rain I'm going to for something like this at first, where it's just a cloud/fog under the actual clouds since that's how it looks from the air (image from dcs)

vpqq2Zo.jpg

Reality Simulator 2022

So happy you have plans for rain! That's epic! Also yeah it'd be insanely computationally expensive and over complicated I think. Amazing work again, can't tell you how much I appreciate your awesome work here @blackrack

On 10/4/2022 at 7:47 AM, Gordon Dry said:

Some people even become more volumetric every day passes.

I  believe the equation is (Donuts) Squared = Volumetric Expansion Quotient X  M (Current)

That or the Kracken has taken over my scale. (Those things LIE! :) )

Edited by RW-1

6 hours ago, RW-1 said:

I  believe the equation is (Donuts) Squared = Volumetric Expansion Quotient X  M (Current)

Isn't there a coefficient of donut in there somewhere to reflect if it's a plain or jelly-filled, sort of like a donut inertia factor?

19 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Isn't there a coefficient of donut in there somewhere to reflect if it's a plain or jelly-filled, sort of like a donut inertia factor?

I would think that would just change M of the donut itself :)

Multiple layers + Inter-cloud shadows (note that the layer shapes are for testing and not final)

ZohqgoW.png

FycVmJt.png

LOWVxYv.png

0j1fSAj.png

Prototype rain

7nbeBsy.png

g01qEuK.png

77j2gm5.png

GAypMNq.png

twJekmq.png

Yhf90tn.png

Rain and other thin clouds/fog naturally get godrays on them when using inter-layer shadows

W3R052A.png

vWkgYvS.png

aY7obkR.png

KSC during a bad day:

QczME8U.png

u7reV9p.png

Edited by blackrack

17 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Multiple layers + Inter-cloud shadows (note that the layer shapes are for testing and not final)

ZohqgoW.png

FycVmJt.png

LOWVxYv.png

0j1fSAj.png

Prototype rain

7nbeBsy.png

g01qEuK.png

77j2gm5.png

GAypMNq.png

twJekmq.png

Yhf90tn.png

Rain and other thin clouds/fog naturally get godrays on them when using inter-layer shadows

W3R052A.png

vWkgYvS.png

aY7obkR.png

Ahh, ya big teaser  :)

6 hours ago, blackrack said:

ZohqgoW.png

FycVmJt.png

LOWVxYv.png

0j1fSAj.png

Prototype rain

7nbeBsy.png

g01qEuK.png

77j2gm5.png

GAypMNq.png

twJekmq.png

Yhf90tn.png

W3R052A.png

vWkgYvS.png

aY7obkR.png

KSC during a bad day:

QczME8U.png

u7reV9p.png

The rain approximation looks amazing! Can't wait to throw this on my worlds, wonder how well it can approximate snowfall

7 hours ago, blackrack said:

ZohqgoW.png

FycVmJt.png

LOWVxYv.png

0j1fSAj.png

Prototype rain

7nbeBsy.png

g01qEuK.png

77j2gm5.png

GAypMNq.png

twJekmq.png

Yhf90tn.png

W3R052A.png

vWkgYvS.png

aY7obkR.png

KSC during a bad day:

QczME8U.png

u7reV9p.png

I'm loosing my mind, this is absolutely mind blowing man, like hooooolllyyyyy

9 hours ago, blackrack said:

ZohqgoW.png

FycVmJt.png

LOWVxYv.png

0j1fSAj.png

Prototype rain

7nbeBsy.png

g01qEuK.png

77j2gm5.png

GAypMNq.png

twJekmq.png

Yhf90tn.png

W3R052A.png

vWkgYvS.png

aY7obkR.png

KSC during a bad day:

QczME8U.png

u7reV9p.png

My god, these pictures got me acting unwise. I need these clouds, keep up the godly work my guy.

While new clouds and other mods such as scatterer and parallax make game absolutely beautiful, There's one thing really bugs me. Lighting on our vehicles. It's just terrible, out of scene and environment. Shame it stuck like this after all these years.

7 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

While new clouds and other mods such as scatterer and parallax make game absolutely beautiful, There's one thing really bugs me. Lighting on our vehicles. It's just terrible, out of scene and environment. Shame it stuck like this after all these years.

TU has been a thing for a while

16 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

The rain approximation looks amazing! Can't wait to throw this on my worlds, wonder how well it can approximate snowfall

Apart from seeing snow particles (which this can't do) snowfall just looks like thick fog, and it can do that.