[1.9-1.12.x] EVE-Redux: Performance-enhanced EVE + maintenance (v1.11.7.1 - 09/09/2022)

blackrack

3 hours ago, blackrack said:

Testing configs, don't mind the mismatching colors

The Dunatian real, love to see it

One thing I might suggest as you move towards the final version of the configs with this would be to have the top of the dust storm maybe just a little bit softer than the front in how it fades out, not by too much looking at earth haboobs, but a little might look good

Can't wait to test this... kinda more hyped for this than for KSP2 EA at this very moment

Can't be the only one checking this thread daily to stay tuned. My 1060 pees itself a little everytime I click on this link on the fears there is some kind of release

giphy.gif?cid=790b761108b20cc4ed6d8e7968

Edited by MARL_Mk1

On 11/19/2022 at 11:06 PM, blackrack said:

Testing configs, don't mind the mismatching colors

It looks amazing. I assume that this mod will be included in the next of the KSP2 updates:D

I have a few questions and suggestions:
1. Will it be available only on Duna? In the deserts on Kerbin, you can also implement similar sandstorms. By replacing the texture, you can make a snowstorm somewhere at the poles 
2. I think it would be nice to add a button that allows you to disable the display of clouds in map mode. Sometimes they get in the way, and there is no way to turn them off when needed
3. Will the rays from the lanterns give scattering in clouds and a storm (approximately as in the photo)?

breaking-fog-with-flashlight-on-grouse-m

Edited by Ilya_G

On 11/19/2022 at 4:34 PM, blackrack said:

The real answer is soon but also I don't know when

Though its said that Volumetric clouds look like heaps of mashed potato's from far away, kind of Thanksgiving like, wink wink, nudge nudge ...

:)

4 minutes ago, DA299 said:

What are the hardware requirements to run this mod? I have a laptop with a 1650, will it be able to run this at ~30 fps?

His goal is to make the upcoming volumetrics run on a 1080, and based on the performance tests I've seen run the impact on that is somewhere in the range of 2-4x that of the EVE you can download currently. I don't have a framerate meter and have a hard time telling apart anything above the high 20s, but fwiw current EVE runs fine on my laptop with a 1030-equivalent, even alongside a bunch of other mods

I'm not sure if it is EVE ... if not I'll move it to the appropriate thread, unless someone might identify the issue.

I use parallax EVE and Scatterer, I seem to have lost my "Glow" in shadow of Kerbin for my station, I see the light points, but their illumination is gone until it comes out of shadow, No issues with my other stations or craft so far on mun, minmus, etc. Cant say for others as I've no craft there (Yet in this save)

Any ideas? Full mod list can be provided, I know it must have been one I updated recently, Kopernicus perhaps?

Not a deal breaker here, as I figure when next update hits that I install "fixes" it I'll know which one, or just remove one at a time, etc. to determine. Which mod of the three recently improved lights, giving a flare to them?

8 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

my laptop with a 1030-equivalent

EVE works even on my GT710 quite satisfactorily (for the performance of this graphics card). Example in the photo below:

jb5LFOYBuvo.jpg?size=1024x720&quality=96

umj30LU2esk.jpg?size=1024x720&quality=96
Hopefully, the new update won't require RTX4090 to work...

1 hour ago, RW-1 said:

I use parallax EVE and Scatterer, I seem to have lost my "Glow" in shadow of Kerbin for my station

1. Try to remove one of the mods from the GameData folder. In this way, you can identify the culprit of the failures
2. Try reinstalling the mod by first removing them and the dependencies required for them. You also need to delete 4 cache files of the Module Manager (with the same name in the GameData folder there are 5 files - the plugin itself with the extension .dll and 4 cache files. They need to be deleted).  It is advisable to download the mods themselves again

j90EHXktnAQ.jpg?size=348x139&quality=96&

Edited by Ilya_G

6 hours ago, Ilya_G said:

EVE works even on my GT710 quite satisfactorily (for the performance of this graphics card). Example in the photo below:

jb5LFOYBuvo.jpg?size=1024x720&quality=96

umj30LU2esk.jpg?size=1024x720&quality=96
Hopefully, the new update won't require RTX4090 to work...

1. Try to remove one of the mods from the GameData folder. In this way, you can identify the culprit of the failures
2. Try reinstalling the mod by first removing them and the dependencies required for them. You also need to delete 4 cache files of the Module Manager (with the same name in the GameData folder there are 5 files - the plugin itself with the extension .dll and 4 cache files. They need to be deleted).  It is advisable to download the mods themselves again

j90EHXktnAQ.jpg?size=348x139&quality=96&

RIP in advance

46 minutes ago, huaychannel said:

新的体积云模组什么时候发布?我很期待

The developer himself does not know and cannot name the exact date
According to him, the main part of the work is completed

7 hours ago, blackrack said:

RIP in advance

You are very kind...

18 hours ago, RW-1 said:

I use parallax EVE and Scatterer, I seem to have lost my "Glow" in shadow of Kerbin for my station, I see the light points, but their illumination is gone until it comes out of shadow, No issues with my other stations or craft so far on mun, minmus, etc. Cant say for others as I've no craft there (Yet in this save)

I've also noticed this issue, sometimes it just refuses to draw ambient light in the shadow of an atmosphere. However I've yet to narrow it down too far. My best result in fixing this was disabling Scatterer's TXAA and replacing it with the SMAA option. I think it has a conflict with Parallax but I am unsure as to what.

Edited by Moose

18 hours ago, RW-1 said:

I'm not sure if it is EVE ... if not I'll move it to the appropriate thread, unless someone might identify the issue.

Any ideas? Full mod list can be provided, I know it must have been one I updated recently, Kopernicus perhaps?

Not a deal breaker here, as I figure when next update hits that I install "fixes" it I'll know which one, or just remove one at a time, etc. to determine. Which mod of the three recently improved lights, giving a flare to them?

I would suggest that you be more specific in reporting your issue and/or that you include screenshots.

"Glow" can be interpreted in any number of ways and I'm honestly not sure if you mean bloom, city lights, ambient light or something else, or what "light points" refers to.

Edited by blackrack

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

"Glow" can be interpreted in any number of ways and I'm honestly not sure if you mean bloom, city lights, ambient light or something else, or what "light points" refers to.

I interpret it to look like this:

Spoiler

qTn7ZrX.png

Spoiler

lg21APe.png

It only happens in my JNSQ install when I switch from a vessel back to the space center while the KSC is in the shadow.
Warping to morning brings the sun up as expected.

It didn't bother me enough to investigate further or play with settings.

I don't have a base on Kerbin to test with but I don't see it on other planets or moons.

Edited by HansAcker

10 hours ago, HansAcker said:

I interpret it to look like this:

Reveal hidden contents

qTn7ZrX.png

Reveal hidden contents

lg21APe.png

It only happens in my JNSQ install when I switch from a vessel back to the space center while the KSC is in the shadow.
Warping to morning brings the sun up as expected.

It didn't bother me enough to investigate further or play with settings.

I don't have a base on Kerbin to test with but I don't see it on other planets or moons.

I had the same thing happen a couple of times recently. Don't know what's causing it, I played my career save for 100 hours already and it only started happening just now. I didn't check the flight scene to see if it also was completely black, though. 

@HansAcker and @dok_377 I have seen this happen using Scatterer 0.7xx when using projector mode which allows the use of stock msaa. Projector mode no longer exists in the latest version of Scatterer, so if you need to stay in 0.7xx use smaa. If you can, update to the latest version as it's taa looks better than both msaa and smaa. :)

Edit: when parallax 2 first released it also disabled like all ambient light. I believe if you download the latest version this has been fixed.

Edited by Benzo Kerman

9 minutes ago, Benzo Kerman said:

taa looks better than both msaa and smaa

Note that this is dependent on performance. Like, on my laptop I'm certainly not getting 60fps, and while the framerate itself still looks fine, it also means the taa looks awful whenever anything moves on the screen because it takes like a fifth of a second to catch up