Kerbalism planet packs

jimmymcgoochie

I'm looking for planet packs that have Kerbalism configs set up for them (mostly related to radiation belts and science definitions), which don't completely replace the stock system, and which will work in 1.9.1; anything that works for 1.8.1 would do as AFAIK they'll also work with the 1.9.1 versions of Kopernicus. So far the only one I've found is OPM, neither GEP nor GPP_Secondary seemed to work and that's all I've looked at so far. Does anyone know of any other planet packs that have Kerbalism-related configs but which leave the stock system (more or less) alone?

20 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

neither GEP nor GPP_Secondary seemed to work and that's all I've looked at so far.

Kerbalism doesn't work with multiple stars, so neither GEP, GPP_Secondary, nor any other planet pack that adds a secondary star system will not work.  But GEP_Primary includes Kerbalism configs (through no custom science definitions), and I believe Kerbalism includes configs for GPP built into it (though I could be wrong about that).  JNSQ also includes a Kerbalism config for the planets it adds.

If you want to keep the stock system intact, the only thing that will work are mods that add celestial bodies to the existing stock system with out adding stars, e.g. OPM.

(edit)  I just checked and it looks like Kerbalism does not include support for GPP.  At one time the Kerbalism dev said he would add it but apparently that never happened.  Perhaps because GPP adds a second star.

Edited by OhioBob

1 hour ago, Sir Mortimer said:

That is old information. Multi-star support was added last November and improved ever since :)

If that's the case, then GEP should work if the following config is added:

Spoiler

// ============================================================================
// Radiation environments for GEP bodies
// ============================================================================

RadiationBody:NEEDS[Kerbalism]
{
	name = Taranis
	radiation_model = metallic
	radiation_inner = 1.0
	radiation_pause = -0.005
}
{
	name = Toutatis
	radiation_model = ionosphere
	radiation_pause = -0.002
}
{
	name = Sirona
	radiation_model = giant
	radiation_inner = 50.0
	radiation_outer = 3.0
	radiation_pause = -0.010
}
{
	name = Brovo
	radiation_model = irregular
	radiation_pause = -0.003
}
{
	name = Epona
	radiation_model = ionosphere
	radiation_pause = -0.005
}

On 8/21/2020 at 4:12 PM, OhioBob said:

If that's the case, then GEP should work if the following config is added:

Added the config and got some magnetic fields around the planets. I've also cooked up a config for Grannus itself, based heavily on the config for Kerbol but edited to try and fit with Grannus' smaller size. It's currently sitting at 0.085 rad/h on Nodens' moon Belisama which is a little over triple what the Mun gets, but I haven't added a config for Nodens yet which will be based heavily on Kerbin's config but rescaled a little. Still a work in progress, but it works! I'm also working on getting something together for GPP so I can use GPP and GEP together with the stock system/OPM.

Not that it really matters right now, as I've barely managed to get probes to Duna, but it'll undoubtedly come in handy eventually!

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

On 8/22/2020 at 4:00 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

I'm also working on getting something together for GPP...

We made a config for GPP at one time.  We deleted it from GPP and asked the Kerbalism dev to pick it up, but I don't think it ever happened.  It's posted somewhere in the Kerbalism thread, though finding what page it's on could take awhile.  It has to have been a few years ago.  I'm not sure if it's still valid since Kerbalism has changed much since then.

Edited by OhioBob

On 8/23/2020 at 6:20 PM, OhioBob said:

We made a config for GPP at one time.  We deleted it from GPP and asked the Kerbalism dev to pick it up, but I don't think it ever happened.  It's posted somewhere in the Kerbalism thread, though finding what page it's on could take awhile.  I has to have been a few years ago.  I'm not sure if it's still valid since Kerbalism has changed much since then.

Should still be good unless the orbits, sizes, or names have changed.  Or if there are n3w or removed planets

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.