[1.8.x-1.11.x] Kerbalism Companion Calculator (KCC) - An antenna planner for Kerbalism [v1.3.0] [29th November 2020]

ValiZockt

2 hours ago, ValiZockt said:

@Tivec, thank you for the bug report, is there a chance to could send me the craft file you were working on when that happened, so I can replicate this easily? (and possibly - if it’s still there, the complete log?) 

I play with a quite heavily modded game, so it is possible the craft wouldn't load. You can find the craft here. Unfortunately, I don't have the log anymroe, and I temporarily disabled the mod to be able to cut down on the spam in my log files.

3 hours ago, Tivec said:

I play with a quite heavily modded game, so it is possible the craft wouldn't load. You can find the craft here. Unfortunately, I don't have the log anymroe, and I temporarily disabled the mod to be able to cut down on the spam in my log files.

I don't have permission to view the file currently.  Although, I may have already identified the issue, would still be good to double check with your craft file. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/15/2021 at 3:42 AM, RocketRyleigh said:

I hate to be that person, but is this little mod dead? Starting a late career game with Kerbalism and it'd be handy, but I'm playing on 1.12.2, and the mod is only updated to 1.10.x. I'm about to give it a shot anyways, see if it'll just magically work in 1.12, but so it goes if not.

Hey @RocketRyleigh/ @Gordon Dry/ @canisin,

Did it work with KSP >1.12 ?

@ValiZockt?

Edited by N3N

• 3 weeks later...

@N3N It seems to be working well on my JNSQ 1.12 playthrough with lots of mods. It correctly identified that I'd have good signal around Eve when it was close to Kerbin, and then poor signal later in the year. I think the exact data transmission rates can be a little off, but they're close enough to still be helpful. 

2 hours ago, MagicCuboid said:

@N3N It seems to be working well on my JNSQ 1.12 playthrough with lots of mods. It correctly identified that I'd have good signal around Eve when it was close to Kerbin, and then poor signal later in the year. I think the exact data transmission rates can be a little off, but they're close enough to still be helpful. 

Hey @MagicCuboid,

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

@ValiZockt Notifying in advance : I will be releasing Kerbalism 3.15 soon, and it contains a rewrite of the comms handling, which will almost certainly break KCC.

Note that the changes are fully internal, the end user features are strictly identical, so this should just be a matter of re-linking to the stuff you're using in the Kerbalism assembly.

You can safely use the latest dev build to develop against, it's very unlikely there will be more changes to the comms code before the 3.15 release.

Edited by Gotmachine

• 4 weeks later...

just installed this, and it doesn't work for me. I'm using Kerbalism 3.16, and as soon as I open the tool window from the VAB, my log is spammed with this (even with a blank VAB, no parts at all):

Spoiler

MissingFieldException: Field 'KERBALISM.Settings.DataRateDampingExponent' not found.
    KerbalismCompanionCalculator.AntennaCalculator.getTrueKBKerbalsimDataRateOverDistance (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] moduleList, System.Double targetDistance, System.Double DSNPower) (at <63c53bc5bc154269acc3b1dbec6f78a8>:0)
    KerbalismCompanionCalculator.UI.ToolbarWindow.Update () (at <63c53bc5bc154269acc3b1dbec6f78a8>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I guess this is what broke in 3.15, as @Gotmachine mentioned?

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, M1918 said:

I made a simple fix for Kerbalism 3.15~, I hope this helps.

https://github.com/ValentinBischof/KerbalismCompanionCalculator/pull/5

Thanks, sure helps. I was about to use this mod and saw the current version does not work with the latest release of Kerbalism. I'm guessing the "~" means 3.16 also, as the changes from 3.15 to 3.16 shouldn't impact this mod?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 1:19 AM, 610yesnolovely said:

Thanks, sure helps. I was about to use this mod and saw the current version does not work with the latest release of Kerbalism. I'm guessing the "~" means 3.16 also, as the changes from 3.15 to 3.16 shouldn't impact this mod?

Yes, In actuality, I've tested it works on Kerbalism 3.16

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.