Official v0.18 Upcoming thread

Capt'n Skunky

Docking not happening, oh well.

Could we maybe get atmospheric reentry (with visual effects!) and/or that rework of aerodynamics and/or the VAB UI overhaul for people with lots of parts and/or optimizations?

Pretty please?

i'm crying

pls

- IVA/ EVA combined... so go into IVA and manually move to and exit the airlock, now your EVA.

- Make 3rd and 1st person camera's swappable while on EVA/IVA.

- If no docking then at least refueling, preferably an EVA activity.

- Kill the Chthulu

- Make command pods a part like all the others. I want to build rockets with multiple pods.

- Add the kerbals to the crew tab so we can select our crew

- Part assembly save/ load.

i want meteors and anti-meteor counter measures, (yes mining lazers), maybe commets because they will kill you in high quantities, also interior spacestation activities, colonies to create money in career mode.

and other stuffs

- Navigational instruments that would allow more precise orbital transfers

- Possibility to add descriptions to our projects

- Rover wheels with electric motors and solar panels to provide electicity

- Dust/water effects on landing and heat effects in atmosphere

- Some changes to Eve scenery because it's very nice from the distance but looks pretty ugly once you land ;) and liquid oceans are too transparent.

Personally, I want docking and some optimization. What might be needed is a tank welding feature. Make stacked tanks "welded" into one object to reduce the required object count. They would still wobble due to leverage and thrust plus still have the normal weight issue. But if we had 6 stacked fuel tank sets instead of 30 in a stage, it would be nice plus less need for struts. Now I am all for very kerbin rockets, but big rockets are even more kerbal and right now is something to avoid.

I believe implementing a rudimentary electricity system would be a blast. Something like using RTGs and solar panels to provide power to things like external lights, rover motors (eventually), movable parts (also eventually), and anything else non-mission-critical. That way you'd be able to use them if you wanted, but by no means would power loss imply a complete mission failure.

Also, stock crew tanks and water landing gear would be nice, along with some dummy "antenna" and "camera" parts, since I can only do so much using ladders as mock antennae. :D

-Un-do/re-do buttons for part's placement

You can already do this with Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-Y

Keyboard shortcuts are not a replacement for UI elements. Most people don't have even "common" keyboard shortcuts memorized, and even I didn't really know to try Ctrl+Z worked until you mentioned it.

It's still a good idea to add undo and redo as UI elements.

Yes, the UI for undo/redo can still be improved. Just because something is possible somehow doesn't mean that most people will know how to use it.

My wishlist at the moment would probably be:

A) An altimeter that gives your distance to the ground. T'would really help during some landings.

B) RCS tanks that are made to fit the shape of the Mk2/3 spaceplane parts. The circular ones just look silly on my space shuttle.

C) Might be a long shot, but an actual dedicated Lander cockpit or two would be nice. The obvious example is the Apollo Lunar Module - forward facing windows. Something like this would make cockpit-view landings a lot easier.

D) Definitely pushing it now, but I thought that another neat way to connect habitable modules would be with a pipe system. You would build it the same way you make struts (ie. click on one module, click on the next and it draws a path). Might make IVA pretty enjoyable to have your own little network of tubes to crawl around in.

Aside from that, I'd just say keep up the good work.

I'd like to see a planet or two with a ring belt maybe one a gas planet and the other with a similar composition to Kerbin but with a different colour sky, sort of like Eve is but with land and 'water' different colours instead of all the same (don't get me wrong Eve is awesome but I like the idea of it being one of a kind).

The other thing that would be awesome, and this is purely aesthetic, a City on Kerbin that lights up when it's on the dark side of the planet.