[1.7.3 -> 1.11.X] Transfer Windows : A Fanmade Soundtrack To Kerbal Space Program v0.2.0 [SoundtrackEditorForked Expansion]

Askerad

ytb3v4Q.png

Transfer Windows - A Fanmade Soundtrack To Kerbal Space Program

SoundtrackEditor Forked Expansion - 1.7.3, 1.8.X, 1.9.X - Current version v0.2.0

Download on Spacedock

I. What is it?

TRANSFER WINDOWS is a collection of tracks that i custom made for Kerbal Space Program. It's goal is to achieve a very soft yet grandiose mood, and to be overall more coherent than the default soundtrack.

The archive download also contains a config file to use with SoundtrackEditor Forked   setting up all the music ingame for you.

This collection aims to grow bigger and bigger in size over time, as new volumes of music will be added.

Take a listen for yourself over on youtube!

II. Track List

Transfer Windows, Vol. 1

1. Home
  2. Purple Queen
  3. Curvature
  4. One Small Step
  5. VAB Vibes (VAB/SPH Theme)
  6. Lullaby for a Planetarium (Tracking Station Theme)
  7. Balcony Moongazing
  8. My Capsule, My Snacks and Me
  9. Labcoats Galore (Research Station Theme) - To be released in 1.0.0
  10. Not Yet Released - To be released in 1.0.0

III. Installation Instructions

1. Follow the instalation procedures over on https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/191467-173-18x-19x-soundtrack-editor-forked to install SoundtrackEditorForked

2. Drop the "SKRD_Transfer_Windows" folder in your GameData Folder

3. Copy the "playlists.cfg" file which is in the "SKRD_Transfer_Windows" folder you just dropped

4. Go back at the root of your KSP install. There you'll find a Playlists folder. If you can't find it, just create it. Then paste the "playlists.cfg" file inside that folder. If a playlist.cfg file already exist, override it.

5. ???

6. Profit.

Warning : When updating, make sure to go over step 3 & 4 again. If you don't you won't have the new songs.

IV. Credits & License

The soundtrack and mod are made and maintained by @Askerad (AKA me)

SoundtrackEditor Forked is maintained by @linuxgurugamer, and was originally made by @pizzaoverhead

88x31.png This mod is licenced under Creative Commons 4.0 BY-SA. Commercial use is permitted but with attribution.

V. Changelog

v0.2.0 - December 12, 2020

•  Added three new Tracks :
    •  Lullaby for a Planetarium (Tracking Station)
    •  Balcony Moongazing (Space)
    •  My Capsule, My Snacks and Me (Space)
  • Fixed some issues in the music's file names
  • Fixed an issue where the main theme didn't play in the main menu
  • Added proper metadata tagging to music files for those who want to add them to their library
  • Added the changelog in the README File

v0.1.0 - August 23, 2020

• Added five new Tracks :
    • Home (Main Menu, Space)
    • VAB Vibes (Construction)
    • One Small Step (Space)
    • Purple Queen (Space)
    • Curvature (Space)
Edited by Askerad
Added information about v0.2.0

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Askerad I saw a couple of these tracks on youtube a while back, these are amazing! Looking forward to installing this and listening to your great music :D

Thank you so very much !!!

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I will add this to the list of available soundtracks in Soundtrack Editor Forked

I wanted to contact you when the post went up, but looks like you found me before anyway! Thank you for putting it in your post.

• 5 weeks later...

Quick update on how v0.2.0 is coming along : Two of the 3 tracks are now made, with the third being 50% done.

I am currently trying to see if i can use ModuleManager to auto-patch the playlist file, i'll try to have it at least ready for v1.0.0 which should be the update after this next one. The ultimate goal is to be installable via CKAN.

Anyway, here's a little preview of the tracking station theme that's coming in the next update :

just FYi, with the current download, tracks 3 and 5 dont have any metadata, and both are labeled curvature. (Id like to put this into my music library, so metadata is important.)

EDIT: also, One Small Step is labeled as Mun Steps in the download.

Edited by toric5

5 hours ago, toric5 said:

just FYi, with the current download, tracks 3 and 5 dont have any metadata, and both are labeled curvature. (Id like to put this into my music library, so metadata is important.)

EDIT: also, One Small Step is labeled as Mun Steps in the download.

Yup, i made some mistakes in exporting the tracks for last version, i've already fixed all of that for 0.2.0. I'm not making a specific patch for this since it should not have any incidence on user experience.

On 9/27/2020 at 3:23 PM, Askerad said:

Quick update on how v0.2.0 is coming along : Two of the 3 tracks are now made, with the third being 50% done.

I am currently trying to see if i can use ModuleManager to auto-patch the playlist file, i'll try to have it at least ready for v1.0.0 which should be the update after this next one. The ultimate goal is to be installable via CKAN.

Anyway, here's a little preview of the tracking station theme that's coming in the next update :

This is pure ear candy, great mod!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 3:23 PM, Askerad said:

I am currently trying to see if i can use ModuleManager to auto-patch the playlist file, i'll try to have it at least ready for v1.0.0 which should be the update after this next one. The ultimate goal is to be installable via CKAN

Did you have any luck with this? I have started using Soundtrack Editor myself and it looks like all of the published playlists for it completely replace the playlists.cfg file. If we can target this with ModuleManager instead, then it would be possible for music from multiple sources to coexist - e.g., one could have the stock soundtrack + Soundtrack Editor's tracks + TransferWindows + some custom curation of other Kevin MacLeod tracks, all shuffled together in the appropriate scenes.

• 3 weeks later...

v0.2.0 is now out with some new tracks and proper file tagging for your sound libraries !

For those that want higher quality exports of the songs, i'll release them as an album after 1.0.0 so soon-ish

Also, i tried a new mastering chain on the last track, "My Capsule, My Snacks and Me". I am curious to have your opinion on it. I plan to remaster the whole album with this new mastering chain as it sounds much cleaner and pro. 

Timeline for 1.0.0 should be the end of January. I wanted to get it done before the end of the year but stuff happened and i won't have time to do it.

Edited by Askerad
Formatting

Will there be new Mission Control and Admin music? Your stuff is amazing and I would love to see what you do to replace those stock tracks.

EDIT: Apparently its not switching to the tracking station music when I switch to the building.

Edited by TheJewelOfJool

On 12/15/2020 at 6:38 AM, TheJewelOfJool said:

Will there be new Mission Control and Admin music? Your stuff is amazing and I would love to see what you do to replace those stock tracks.

EDIT: Apparently its not switching to the tracking station music when I switch to the building.

Well first of all thanks a lot :D

I want to make tracks for every screen of the game yeah, but i won't have them ready for the v1.0.0 release. I'm recording the research station right now

I'll try to look into that tracking station bug, i'll keep everyone posted on this thread. If by chance you find more informations on this please let me know !

Wow, no way! I've been listening to this soundtrack on YouTube while playing through my mission report save - it works incredibly well for exploring JNSQ, which up until now I've never used. Your music perfectly captures the essence of KSP, and of exploring the unknown. I will have to download this mod post haste! Incredible work, and I take my hat off to you - it's brilliant.

On 12/31/2020 at 6:28 PM, The Dressian Exploder said:

Is there any way to use the music from this and the music from the KSP Original Score Project at the same time?

cant wait for SoundTrack Editor to be updated for 1.11

You can edit the playlists with soundtrack editor to include both mod's tracks i think. I'd say just install them both, install one of their's playlist files then add the tracks you want to it ingame (right click on the soundtrackeditor button).

For 1.11, it works fine for me, but i can't officially support it unless @linuxgurugamer officially endorses STE for it. We'll just have to wait on this one, the man's got enough mods to maintain already.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 6:35 PM, Askerad said:

You can edit the playlists with soundtrack editor to include both mod's tracks i think. I'd say just install them both, install one of their's playlist files then add the tracks you want to it ingame (right click on the soundtrackeditor button).

For 1.11, it works fine for me, but i can't officially support it unless @linuxgurugamer officially endorses STE for it. We'll just have to wait on this one, the man's got enough mods to maintain already.

It should work, please try it and let me know.

I did do a short test, it was fine.

On 1/15/2021 at 6:21 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

It should work, please try it and let me know.

I did do a short test, it was fine.

Thanks for the heads up, i am using it fine in 1.11, i'll update this thread accordingly.

On 1/15/2021 at 6:01 AM, Souptime said:

What did you use to make these? i saw your fanmade KSP 2 intro and some others and was wondering cuz i also make music! (Search Genesis Studios on youtube if you're interested)

I'm using Arturia's V Collection for the synths, and i try to add my Minilogue XD as much as i can. For the drums it's essentially the cubase default drum packs. I've also started to use my Touché for this project (the strings parts in Lullaby for a Planetarium are done with it for example). It's a mix of a lot of stuff as you can see ;D

I tried to take a look at your music, but i couldn't find it on YouTube, turns out there is a lot of "Genesis Studios" out there.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:09 AM, Askerad said:

I'm using Arturia's V Collection for the synths, and i try to add my Minilogue XD as much as i can. For the drums it's essentially the cubase default drum packs. I've also started to use my Touché for this project (the strings parts in Lullaby for a Planetarium are done with it for example). It's a mix of a lot of stuff as you can see ;D

I tried to take a look at your music, but i couldn't find it on YouTube, turns out there is a lot of "Genesis Studios" out there.

Heres a link to my channel: yoinked back by soup and i meant what computer program if any you were using?

Edited by Souptime

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.