Can someone find out what's going on here? The plane just explode out of nowhere.

Without the KSP.log and a screenshot of the Report (where things that exploded are detailed), all we can do is to guess.

My guess is that, due Physics Extender being set too high, the aircraft with the Focus (and the one where the physics thinks it's the current "frame of reference") it too far, and the plane that exploded was a victim of some problem due the calculations being done on floats that got being grossly rounded up or down due the frame of reference being too far away.

The physics range exists due this: anything too far from the center of the current frame of reference start to misbehave due that lack of precision of the floats. The Physics Extender hack its way to allow some duelling, but at a cost: some calculations are more sensible the problem than others, so the mileage will vary (literally on this case) on a craft by craft basis.

Before you ask, using doubles would allow way bigger ranges - but Unity is heavily based on floats, and it does it becase GPU are more than 20 times faster using floats than doubles, and games are about speed.

9 hours ago, Lisias said:

Without the KSP.log and a screenshot of the Report (where things that exploded are detailed), all we can do is to guess.

My guess is that, due Physics Extender being set too high, the aircraft with the Focus (and the one where the physics thinks it's the current "frame of reference") it too far, and the plane that exploded was a victim of some problem due the calculations being done on floats that got being grossly rounded up or down due the frame of reference being too far away.

The physics range exists due this: anything too far from the center of the current frame of reference start to misbehave due that lack of precision of the floats. The Physics Extender hack its way to allow some duelling, but at a cost: some calculations are more sensible the problem than others, so the mileage will vary (literally on this case) on a craft by craft basis.

Before you ask, using doubles would allow way bigger ranges - but Unity is heavily based on floats, and it does it becase GPU are more than 20 times faster using floats than doubles, and games are about speed.

Hi, thanks for your response. But i have found the issue, after removing the Modular Missile Guidance(Experimental) from both my plane. Everything else seem to work fine and I can staged a 5 plane battle without them exploding randomly. Just to add on, I did what you say on taking a screenshot of the report in KSP and it did not tell me how it exploded itself. Also I can tell when the plane will explode itself when the plane suddenly changed its name to "unnamed". As you can see in the video, both my plane are unnamed, when I actually named them "interceptor" and "Multirole" accordingly.

Edited by CleverAx

9 hours ago, Lisias said:

Edited by CleverAx

1 hour ago, CleverAx said:

Hi, thanks for your response. But i have found the issue, after removing the Modular Missile Guidance(Experimental) from both my plane. 

Nice debugging! :)

1 hour ago, CleverAx said:

Also I can tell when the plane will explode itself when the plane suddenly changed its name to "unnamed". As you can see in the video, both my plane are unnamed, when I actually named them "interceptor" and "Multirole" accordingly.

I was on mobile, missed that detail. Nice catch.

Send the KSP.log to the MMG(e) , with a bit of luck it will have an exception logged and this with your report of an M.O. may help them to nail this bug!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.