Save file problems

So I own Kerbal space program on PS4, and recently I have not been able to get into my primary save file. when I click on the save file, the game just freezes, and it doesn't even put me into the loading screen. I am desperate to find a fix for this, as I have over 60 crafts in it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 2:50 PM, conman2009 said:

So I own Kerbal space program on PS4, and recently I have not been able to get into my primary save file. when I click on the save file, the game just freezes, and it doesn't even put me into the loading screen. I am desperate to find a fix for this, as I have over 60 crafts in it.

Unfortunately you won't find one.  The console version has been corrupting save files for years.  I have been playing the game on PS4 Pro since June of 2019.  Even through routine cloud backups, I have lost two long term career saves since last year because of it, and have seen dozens upon dozens of non-fatal save file corruption messages, which only ended up in a minimal loss of progress.

This is one of the main reasons that I will never recommend the Enhanced Edition to anybody (which pains me to say, because KSP is a brilliant game), unless you simply can't or otherwise don't want to play it on PC for whatever reason.

The console version is beyond broken.  Even keeping manual saves to a minimum, cleaning up your contracts list, having very few crafts in the VAB/SPH (which is a bull***t thing to have to do in a game like this), taking care to remove space debris, and limiting the amount of flights will only work for so long before the performance issues eventually cripple your career game.

My last save has a total of one surface outpost on Minmus, satellites around the Mun and Minmus, and a massive ship that I assembled in orbit of Kerbin.  The frame rate issues (and what I can only guess is a memory leak) prevent me from being able to fuel that vessel, effectively making it the orbital equivalent of a paperweight.

I'm sorry for your loss, but the issue you're describing is, in my experience, indicative of a corrupted save file that cannot be salvaged, due to the lack of ability to access and edit that data like PC players can.

• 5 months later...

Same exact thing. Happened just an hour ago. 30+ crafts, on year 34. Logged out last night after landing an airplane on Laythe, logged in this morning and the save just won’t open, I click X and it freezes the whole game, nothing can fix it. I’ve tried loading cloud backups, USB backups, reinstalling the game, restarting my PS4, none of it works. It’s a shame they’ve put so little work into console KSP, it’s almost 2 years behind in real content updates, the bugs and crashes are nearly unbearable, I’ve never been able to get through a single session without a crash. It’s an awful experience.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.