CKAN help

Wave_rider91

i just downloaded CKAN but already have a bunch of mods i have manually added. is there a way to add my already installed mods to ckan so i dont have to redownload all of them? or do i need to go through CKAN and match which ones i already have, clear the mods that are already installed in the game data folder and start fresh? also if theres a mod i have that isnt in CKAN, can i still leave it installed and it not mess with CKAN? or should i just keep manually checking all my mods for updates?

when i first downloaded it it automatically detects my manually installed mods

there would no checkbox but AD, but there are sometimes ckan doesn't detect my mods but as i can see most of them are detected by ckan, so its fine.

im sure AD Means Automatically Detected.

Edited by miguelsgamingch

Just now, miguelsgamingch said:

when i first downloaded it it automatically detects my manually installed mods

there would no checkbox but AD, but there are sometimes ckan doesn't detect my mods but as i can see most of them are detected by ckan, so its fine.

i noticed  that it had added the AD to the list on CKAN but its only on like 3 or 4 of the mods on the list out of maybe 30+ i have installed manually. is there anyway to make CKAN recognize my other mods or am i S.O.L and just have to start from scratch?

2 minutes ago, Wave_rider91 said:

i noticed  that it had added the AD to the list on CKAN but its only on like 3 or 4 of the mods on the list out of maybe 30+ i have installed manually. is there anyway to make CKAN recognize my other mods or am i S.O.L and just have to start from scratch?

I Dont Know, Maybe Some Mods Dont Support CKAN. If Not... I Really Dont Know.. Maybe A .ckan File?

1 minute ago, Wave_rider91 said:

AD only works for mods with DLLs with names that match their CKAN identifiers (as in ModuleManager.dll). If you have a bunch of cfg-only mods (e.g., planet packs), those can't be auto-detected.

2 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

AD only works for mods with DLLs with names that match their CKAN identifiers (as in ModuleManager.dll). If you have a bunch of cfg-only mods (e.g., planet packs), those can't be auto-detected.

so pretty much i just need to go through and compare which mods i already have to the CKAN and just work around that then? 

4 hours ago, Wave_rider91 said:

so pretty much i just need to go through and compare which mods i already have to the CKAN and just work around that then? 

Your best bet is to uninstall everything down to a clean GameData, then install what you want with CKAN. That way CKAN will manage your upgrades, dependencies, etc.

23 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Your best bet is to uninstall everything down to a clean GameData, then install what you want with CKAN. That way CKAN will manage your upgrades, dependencies, etc.

Damn i was afriad i would have to do that. can i run ckan and manually add other mods that arent in the ckan without issues?

can i run ckan and manually add other mods that arent in the ckan

Of course. CKAN can't stop you from copying files into GameData.

without issues?

I can't guarantee that. When you install mods manually, you forego CKAN handling of compatibility, dependencies, and conflicts, so whether there are any problems is up to you.

14 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Of course. CKAN can't stop you from copying files into GameData.

I can't guarantee that. When you install mods manually, you forego CKAN handling of compatibility, dependencies, and conflicts, so whether there are any problems is up to you.

thanks for all your help

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.