Typo in Wheesley config file (v 1.9.1.2788)

The Wheesley config contains the line: "flowCapMult = 1.0"

The Panther, Whiplash, and Rapier all use "flowMultCap", which is correct, per the API docs (https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_module_engines.html#aca13d25ad5b3e9d217fdf8903ae81ba6).

Neither the Goliath nor the Juno set this value.

While I realize this is extremely minor, I'm still going to redact my opinion of the quality control effort.

7 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

While I realize this is extremely minor, I'm still going to redact my opinion of the quality control effort.

How many bugs are caused by minor typos?

If there was a decent quality control effort a lot of recent bugs could have been avoided.

I am really thankful we still getting content for this amazing game...but so many gameplay/visual ''small'' bugs that is getting hard to play through them.

Edited by Boyster

Oh no, there’s a minor typo in a part config that has zero impact on the game... I work in software development and I’ve found typos in stuff that have been there for months or over a year with zero impact and which nobody ever spotted; a minor misnomer like that is easy to miss as it’s nearly the same as what was intended, and under most circumstances only the code that’s being changed will be reviewed at in any detail.

Or did you think that game developers and testers are going to read every line of code in the whole game, every time they changed one thing? Or can predict every ridiculous thing that users can- and will- do in the game?

Even major titles from the biggest names in games development get released with bugs in them, let alone a smaller publisher with limited resources. Complaining about a trivial (and apparently non-functional) mistake like that is like refusing to drive a car because the little carpet under the driver’s feet is missing or the button to switch to radio station 5 doesn’t work; it’s irrelevant to the core functionality and most people would never even notice.

Yes, there are still bugs in the game, and yes, some of them probably should have been spotted before making it into a live release; but considering that 1.10 was the first major release since Covid, it doesn’t surprise me at all that some bugs slipped through or that they’re having some difficulty tracking them down. Bad-mouthing the dev team on the forums for a simple typo in a single (and fairly niche) part config is just petty.

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Yes, there are still bugs in the game, and yes, some of them probably should have been spotted before making it into a live release; but considering that 1.10 was the first major release since Covid, it doesn’t surprise me at all that some bugs slipped through or that they’re having some difficulty tracking them down. Bad-mouthing the dev team on the forums for a simple typo in a single (and fairly niche) part config is just petty.

No one is bad-mouthing, its just concern for a game we love, some constructive feedback.

Its not only the last patch, almost every single update/patch in the recent past is filled with sometimes ''obvious'' and game breaking bugs.(talking about the drag bugs)

The new content is amazing but quality control is average, massive bugs that you can consistently replicate with simple steps/actions get through, drag bug, fuel bug etc.

Yes, its being impatient, and unappreciative at times but who stops complaining about things they care.

Edited by Boyster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.