[1.10.1] Kerbolrise - new space shuttle v1.0

Alcentar

On 1/31/2021 at 8:03 PM, Anachro said:

I already made it after I found how can I mount engines on stock parts, do there is no more need for that.:).

https://imgur.com/jG6nqTv

Is there any plan to change engine parts' attach rule to make them can be attached to the surface?

Thus they can work with other mods(Like Cormorant Aerospace and historical Buran-Energia).

It is very easy to do this, but it will become inconvenient to attach parts to the main ship))
  I will try to make a small update as soon as the time becomes available, see can make the engines more flexible if it really does not cause much inconvenience.)

On 2/1/2021 at 5:30 PM, papasid said:

Thanks for sharing, even i don't know what the issue is, pretty new to this as well. in any case, it works well without FAR. Also, could you check if COL or COM (indicators/markers/whatever they are called in blender/unity) are having correct angles. and it would be a bonus if you could share the files as well. Here is a screenshot as well. it is maintaining a heading but for that, it has to roll in opposite direction.

KerbalSpaceProgram25.png

COL and COM are written only in cfg. file, they are not marked in any way in Blender or Unity.

I'm still looking for a problem, sadly there are no good modding tutorials in KSP.\

On 2/2/2021 at 3:25 AM, ninthninja05 said:

How do you install the mod? I tried transferring the gamedata file folder to the KSP Game Data folder, but when I open KSP, the parts aren't available. Thanks!:D

You need to transfer the "Kerbolrise" folder to the "GameData" folder.

Welcome to the forum)

7 hours ago, Alcentar said:

COL and COM are written only in cfg. file, they are not marked in any way in Blender or Unity.

I'm still looking for a problem, sadly there are no good modding tutorials in KSP.\

yeah, i know. i hope that FAR guys also reply. i have opened the issue with them as well.

• 1 month later...

( Just my personal insist)

I think there supposed to be a transitional existence between KR Engine Mount 1 and KR Engine Mount 3 ( After all, there is a number missing isn't it?)

Which is a Single Engine mount point plus adaption with KR jets and KR orbital maneuver system  

which is a half disposal propulsion system ( just like OK-92) 

It's a loss that there is just no such mod in KSP

Perhaps  Kerbolrise could be the one?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Alcentar

I just looked at the volumes of your tanks.  They are all low, in other words, they should be holding nearly 2x of what you have them configured for.

I compared the bottom fuel tank on the shuttle to the equivilent stock tanks, and compared your SRBs to the Clydesdale SRB.  Both of them should be doubled (the fuel, that is)

The thrust on the SRBs seems to be a bit high, and comparing your KREngine-0150 to the Vector, they are a bit higher, but not abnormally so.  The ISP is within reason, I think.

Overall, a very nice shuttle.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.