What mods should i use with RSS?

I have installed the Real Solar System mod but the stock parts are too weak to be viable, so I need stronger and better engines, but the only mod I found that does that and well is RealismOverhaul (but it is too heavy and to run it i need to uninstall some other mods :( )

Is there any mod better than it for RSS?

@Neil Kermstrong SMURFF and FAR are absolutely required if you're going to play on real scale. Parts are made to be (unrealistically) dense to balance out the planets being super small, and the drag cube system will not allow you to achieve sufficient aerodynamic efficiency to make it to orbital speeds in real scale. It's sufficient up to 3.2x scale but after that you reach the end of its viability.

RO is a huge suite of game changing mods that you'll want to avoid if what you're looking for is basic gameplay (or anything sort of super-realistic).

Some mods you'll find interesting if you want heavy lift engines include:

• SpaceY + SpaceY Expanded (5m to 10m tanks and engines)
  • Near Future Launch Vehicles (5m, 7.5m tanks and engines)
  • Real Scale Boosters

If you're interested in spaceplanes that can perform in RSS you can try out the following:

• B9 Procedural Wings
  • OPT Spaceplane (Continued + Legacy)
  • Mk3 Hypersonic Systems
  • MkIV/Mark IV Spaceplane
  • Near Future Aeronautics (originally the intakes and engines in MkIV)
Edited by JadeOfMaar

7 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Neil Kermstrong SMURFF and FAR are absolutely required if you're going to play on real scale. Parts are made to be (unrealistically) dense to balance out the planets being super small, and the drag cube system will not allow you to achieve sufficient aerodynamic efficiency to make it to orbital speeds in real scale. It's sufficient up to 3.2x scale but after that you reach the end of its viability.

RO is a huge suite of game changing mods that you'll want to avoid if what you're looking for is basic gameplay (or anything sort of super-realistic).

Some mods you'll find interesting if you want heavy lift engines include:

• SpaceY + SpaceY Expanded (5m to 10m tanks and engines)
  • Near Future Launch Vehicles (5m, 7.5m tanks and engines)
  • Real Scale Boosters

If you're interested in spaceplanes that can perform in RSS you can try out the following:

• B9 Procedural Wings
  • OPT Spaceplane (Continued + Legacy)
  • Mk3 Hypersonic Systems
  • MkIV/Mark IV Spaceplane
  • Near Future Aeronautics (originally the intakes and engines in MkIV)

10 hours ago, tree sapling said:

ive personally found SMURFF works well for fps if RO doesnt work

Yep I just got SMURFF and indeed the engines became a lot more powerful

I managed to get a rocket to 400km above the earth in way less time than what it took with stock engines (like 1/3 or 1/4 of the time it takes)

Now I also got the joint reenforcement mod and the real scale boosters and they're pretty good too

Just won't get the other ones because my computer has low RAM

Stock part and physics work with RSS really nice. Your crafts will be heavier than in stock game, but not by a lot, usuallly in the 100-1000t regime. The payload fractions you would expect is about 2% for conventiional rockets and 4% for ssto spaceplanes. If you really want to make your life easier, try smurff.

Edited by moar ssto

On 8/31/2020 at 9:38 AM, Neil Kermstrong said:

well did you land on other planet yet? Because if you just wanna to land in the moon then I am sure stock configs will be enough

Landing on other planets with stock part is not that hard,  even landing and returning from venus, with dlc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.