Please help!!!!

Hi guys, 

Yes... I'm running, in my opinion, a lot of mods- but what would cause this? I don't know much about coding or logs. I've got like a duke Nukem (3d!) kinda understanding of making games work. I am using ckan, all seems good. I've been dabbling for like 2 weeks, adding mods, removing. Trying to get best total experience.. I think I've got this under control. 

BUT.....

When building, ..a part(lights and landing legs in my experience) when toggling symmetry, STARTS COPYING ITSELF ALL OVER , like a solitaire effect! Duplicating itself, as i move the mouse it just draws millions of parts along, not attached to anything.. Only way back is to exit and re-load..

Any advice would be appreciated.

mmmm.... seems to be a unknow bug to me.

You will need to show off your Log file,Version of the KSP and your Modlist here if we can help you,now the only thing we can do is Guessing what could be causing your problem...

also,this shouldn't be in Add-on Development,it should be in the Technical support (The modded one).

@Entropian

@Kane Kerman

Guys how do i post a log? Also, how should i present a mods list? Sorry I'm still new to forums, and it doesn't seem to be very user friendly. Here's a clip i quickly recorded last night. 

This has happened twice, and i noticed it was on the same vessel. It's a mess up because it's like right at the end of building, and it's something important like lights!

Thanks guys!

39 minutes ago, TylaJames said:

@Entropian

@Kane Kerman

Guys how do i post a log? Also, how should i present a mods list? Sorry I'm still new to forums, and it doesn't seem to be very user friendly. Here's a clip i quickly recorded last night. 

This has happened twice, and i noticed it was on the same vessel. It's a mess up because it's like right at the end of building, and it's something important like lights!

Thanks guys!

The log can be found in the commons/kerbal space program folder, its the same folder that the gamedata folder is in. A mod list could be showed by screenshoting the gamedata folder or asking CKAN to print a .txt file of all the mods it has installed. 

4 minutes ago, TylaJames said:

@Cattette

Thank you, and how do i post files onto this forum?

An image can be hosted on imgur and then posted here. The contents of a text file can be pasted into a forum message. If this isnt practical, then the log can be hosted on Google drive or similar and the link posted here. 

1 minute ago, Cattette said:

An image can be hosted on imgur and then posted here. The contents of a text file can be pasted into a forum message. If this isnt practical, then the log can be hosted on Google drive or similar and the link posted here. 

Wow, alright.. I'll try do that then.

2 hours ago, TylaJames said:

[LOG 20:58:12.652] DangIt: FailureModule.OnStart, part: Illuminator Mk2
[LOG 20:58:12.718] DangIt: FailureModule.OnAwake
[EXC 20:58:12.721] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    Part.OnWasCopied (Part newPart, System.Boolean asSymCounterpart) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    EditorLogic.createSymmetry (System.Int32 mode, EditorLogic+Attachment attach) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    EditorLogic.<SetupFSM>b__191_50 () (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM () (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    EditorLogic.Update () (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Looks to me like DangIt! is having a very bad time. Remove it and see if your problems go away.
If they do, congratulations, you've found a bug. Go annoy  @linuxgurugamer about it in the Dangit! thread.
If not, remove it anyway and link a fresh log.

Miscellaneous self-help advice:
Searching your log for the word "exception" will often identify a problem mod, or at least give you a starting point to narrow it down. In this case Dangit was the last to do something before it all exploded, so that's where we start.
Always link a log. Link it in your very first post, and we won't have to waste time asking for it. If it's huge, compress it, preferably with 7zip.
Zippyshare is an obnoxious hellhole. Dropbox and google drive are less so.
Youtube videos, imgur albums and most offsite images embed in the forum automatically. You want the direct link to the image file for the latter.
Checking "show all log exceptions on screen" in the games debug window (mod-f12) will alert you to borkage on the fly, possibly even before it ruins your day. So will ExceptionDetector, only with more detail.

5 hours ago, Cattette said:

A mod list could be showed by screenshoting the gamedata folder or asking CKAN to print a .txt file of all the mods it has installed.

KSP.log contains a list of mods installed, assemblies with versions, and directories under gamedata. The CKAN output might be useful for (maybe) more accurate version information, but a screenshot of a folder is both completely redundant and a waste of bandwidth.

5 hours ago, Cattette said:

The contents a short snippet of a text file can be pasted into a forum message.

FTFY. Large walls of text (e.g. logfiles) pasted into the forum make it extremely slow, especially on mobile. The joys of this "reactive" javascript-infested modern website design we apparently have  to put up with. This is why we ask people to use a filehost.

Edited by steve_v
Fix link

12 hours ago, TylaJames said:

[snip]
Here's the log. List of mods is contained in the log

I tried downloading, it's a spam site.  In three attempts, I got one virus downloaded, a sex site and something else.

Please use a different site, Dropbox is very good and is free

I've added this site to my blocklist

Edited by James Kerman
redacted by a moderator

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I tried downloading, it's a spam site.  In three attempts, I got one virus downloaded, a sex site and something else.

Yeah, zippyshare is pretty nasty. It's more manageable with a good adblocker, but still.
I grabbed the file earlier, here's a non-horrible link.

Hi guys, okay i removed dang it! and also Lithobrake Exploration, it seems to be fixed.. 

I do apologise for the dodgy site but it was all i could find which didn't need me to sign up. 

Sorry for the late response. Internet has been down!

Edited by TylaJames
Lithobrake was just something i felt was also not playing nice, just a guess, no evidence to support that

29 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is that a link to a Player.log from when you were having problems?

No that was now after i removed dangit.

Here's the old log which Steve_v has reshared Here of when i had the problem

Edited by TylaJames
Additional content

Ok.  First, that's a KSP.log, not the Player.Log, so it's missing some information.

That being said, I have a few comments:

You are running UbioWelding, and that is generating an exception.  Looks like you are running the old version for 1.4.5(?) which will NOT work in 1.8.1.  If you absolutely want it to run, then I believe that @Lisias has a version, but not sure of those details.

Next, I see the following message, just before the exceptions start:

[WRN 20:57:25.679] BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "VABmodern/VAB_interior_modern/ksp_pad_cylTank/obj_tank/LadderCollider"

Finally, I also see that you are using Dynamic Battery Storage, and the error is actually occurring AFTER FailureModule.OnAwake() and before FailureModule.OnStart().

This is the code for the OnAwake:

public override void OnAwake()
{
	Log.Info("FailureModule.OnAwake");

if (phl == null)
		phl = PartHighlighter.CreatePartHighlighter();

if (vesselHighlightDict == null)
		vesselHighlightDict = new Dictionary<Guid, int>();
}

As you see, all it's doing is checking to see if two things have been allocated, and if not, then it allocates the class. 

The first statement in the OnStart is:

Log.Info("FailureModule.OnStart, part: " + this.part.partInfo.title);

Looking at the timestamps in the leftmost column, the OnAwake ran: LOG 20:58:12.628

The error occurred at: EXC 20:58:12.646

and the OnStart ran at: LOG 20:58:12.652

Finally, before all the errors started, I saw the following:

[LOG 20:58:11.672] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: A module was removed
[LOG 20:58:11.672] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: A modulehandler was removed
[LOG 20:58:11.678] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: A module was removed
[LOG 20:58:11.678] [Dynamic Battery Storage]: A modulehandler was removed

It seems that the mod DynamicBatteryStorage is doing something with is probably affecting DangIt.

I'd suggest the following:

1. Make a total copy of the entire KSP game directory, use this copy for testing
  2. Add DangIt back
  3. Remove DynamicBatteryStorage
  4. Test

If no errors, then congratulations, you have discovered an incompatibility between two mods.

If that is the case, then you can probably work around it by deleting the following file from the DangIt folder:

DangIt/ModuleManager/Battery.cfg

This is the file which adds DangIt to all batteries.  By removing it, you will not have any battery failures.

Please let me know how it goes.  If there is indeed an compatibility issue, I'll have to look into it with @Nertea

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Quite possible the main  save is damaged

Yeah I'm not sure why it happened though.. Then i accidentally deleted my main save shortly afterwards:confused:

But to get around this, if it's happens again, I'm just going to export the ship to another save, finish it and bring it back.

Thanks for all the help again

I'll update if it comes back or hopefully doesn't!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.