Something gone horribly wrong

I just updated my mods for use with 1.10.1 and I ve noticed something very strange occurring , I cannot throttle any craft when in space ; when I reach space the throttle zeroes out and doesn t respond to shift/ctrl or Z but starts working again when it reenters the atmosphere . Sometimes the craft will shoot upwards at the speed of light at an altitude of NaN meters and disappear . Player log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3nlrtfwq9yu6sc/Player.log?dl=0

38 minutes ago, golkaidakhaana said:

I just updated my mods for use with 1.10.1 and I ve noticed something very strange occurring , I cannot throttle any craft when in space ; when I reach space the throttle zeroes out and doesn t respond to shift/ctrl or Z but starts working again when it reenters the atmosphere . Sometimes the craft will shoot upwards at the speed of light at an altitude of NaN meters and disappear . Player log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3nlrtfwq9yu6sc/Player.log?dl=0

Is The Stage Locked?

1 hour ago, miguelsgamingch said:

Is The Stage Locked?

Of course not , the throttle meter is permanently locked to zero and will not budge unless I am in the atmosphere , and sometimes the craft just gets krakened into oblivion . I tried everything I could think of for about an hour and nothing worked . It s probably a mod conflict or something .

Just now, golkaidakhaana said:

Of course not , the throttle meter is permanently locked to zero and will not budge unless I am in the atmosphere , and sometimes the craft just gets krakened into oblivion . I tried everything I could think of for about an hour and nothing worked . It s probably a mod conflict or something .

hm

On 9/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, golkaidakhaana said:

Player log

There are a great many exceptions in your log, and it's not immediately clear where this disaster starts.
First off, you still have at least one copy of MiniAVC.dll installed. It's broken and has been since 1.8.0. Kill it.

Other than that obvious point, the first significant NRE appears to be:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Planetarium.GetUniversalTime () [0x00027] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 
  at WhitecatIndustries.SCSManager.OnDestroy () [0x0000b] in <90f6673545a1415893eaefb8b6f9851c>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

WhitecatIndustries is a reference to OrbitalDecay,  AFAICT.

I also note you have Kopernicus installed, and AFAIK that's incompatible with 1.10.1 unless you're running RTB's "bleeding edge" fork. Since you haven't listed any mod versions, who knows.

On 9/7/2020 at 8:34 AM, golkaidakhaana said:

Please , someone just help me with this issue

Please help yourself, by providing all the information listed here.
Posting the information required to troubleshoot and following the self-help advice (especially WRT mod compatibility) will achieve considerably more than repeatedly bumping your thread.

44 minutes ago, golkaidakhaana said:

I forgot to list the mods I m using

You also "forgot" to list mod versions. To quote the "how to get support" sticky linked above, a lazy screenshot is not useful:

you should include a list of all mods installed with their version numbers; a screenshot of your GameData directory is not sufficient, as it does not include version information and some directory structures may hide what mods are installed.

Note that a copy of KSP.log now largely fulfils this requirement, as it contains a list of directories under GameData and assemblies loaded (with versions). Alternatively, CKAN can export a list of installed mods with versions.

Edited by steve_v

1 minute ago, steve_v said:

WhitecatIndustries is a reference to OrbitalDecay, and AFAICT that mod hasn't been updated since KSP 1.4.

LGG has taken over development of the mod which is now updated to 1.10.1 .

2 minutes ago, steve_v said:

I also note you have Kopernicus installed, and that's incompatible with 1.10.1 unless you're running RTB's "bleeding edge" fork. Since you haven't listed any mod versions, who knows.

It is RTB s 1.10.1 fork

3 minutes ago, steve_v said:

I'm not going to go any further than that, it's over to you to make sure all the mods you're running are up to date and compatible with the current game version.

Please help yourself, by providing the information listed here.
Posting the information required to troubleshoot and following the self-help advice (especially WRT mod compatibility) will achieve considerably more than repeatedly bumping your thread.

You also "forgot" to list mod versions. To quote the "how to get support" sticky linked above, a lazy screenshot is not useful:

Every mod I have installed is updated to the latest version . You are wrong to assume that I am being lazy for not providing version numbers , it s because I have 100+ mods both installed and uninstalled , sitting in a folder on my desktop , and even more bookmarked . It s not particularly easy for me to go through every single mod individually to see exactly what versions they are compatible for . I was also hoping you could just inform me which mods are causing things to go wrong so I can just uninstall them .

26 minutes ago, golkaidakhaana said:

LGG has taken over development of the mod which is now updated to 1.10.1 .

So I see. But you didn't list versions, so it was only by chance that I stumbled on that updated thread.

It is RTB s 1.10.1 fork

Again, you didn't list versions, so there was no way for me to know that. Here we are wasting time playing 20 questions.

It s not particularly easy for me to go through every single mod individually to see exactly what versions they are compatible for .

Nevertheless, that's what is required for a bug-free modded KSP experience. Perhaps you should consider using a mod manager?
If you can't keep track of which versions your mods are compatible with, how do you expect anyone else to when they don't even know what versions you are running in the first place?
I just gave you two easy ways of providing that information...

I was also hoping you could just inform me which mods are causing things to go wrong so I can just uninstall them

Open your log file and search for the word "NullReferenceException", then look at the "at <foo>" lines following it, where <foo> is the name of a mod method or DLL filename. It's usually pretty obvious what it belongs to.
In your case I see exceptions from OrbitalDecay, then KerbalEngineer, then a vessel getting NaN orbit parameters, and then a bunch more exceptions from stock KSP methods. One of those first two is quite possibly causing all the others, and the presence of MiniAVC is very possibly causing all of them.

If there's nothing obvious and removing the mods I mentioned don't fix it, then you'll just have to do it the old-fashioned way , as we've all had to at some point: Remove a few mods at a time until you figure out what's causing it.

Edited by steve_v

22 minutes ago, golkaidakhaana said:

@steve_v I tried deleting KER and Orbital Decay , to no avail . I also tried uninstalling mods one by one , also to no avail , so I ll just play something other than KSP until 1.11 releases . Sorry you don t have the patience to help someone who is relatively inexperienced at modding .

It's not a matter of patience; it's a matter of limited time and resources of the people who, without any obligation, are trying to help fellow players who are stuck.

They have very little to go by and are forced to make guesses to fill in the blanks you didn't provide. When someone is asking a question to rule out something you didn't mention ("Is the stage locked?") they get a pesky answer ("of course it's not locked") and seemingly have to tease every single detail only to get a "well doh, I did that, why do you even ask" kind of response.

To help you a bit:

• Make a copy of your KSP directory
  • Remove everything from the mod folder except Squad
  • If the problem persists it's not with a mod
  • Start adding mods until the problem reappears

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.