Enhanced Edition Update

St4rdust

On 9/17/2020 at 9:42 AM, Dr. Kerbal said:

So people have to buy the DLCs to play with the update??!

No, they are selling the game with all the DLCs. You thought it was an update, but the ESA update is too new for it to already be added. I personally am expecting 1.8.1 on the list, not straight to 1.10.

18 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

so i an only play the update with the bundle?!

No, no Xbox and PS4 players have access to those game files yet. Ask questions, and @someone, ok 

On 9/16/2020 at 6:08 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

Why are the updates not the same as PC. Consoles and PC updates for KSP should be sync. I think.

Please fix this. I know wot her updates where just canceled for KSP EE

I guess you didn’t want to read the original post?

On 9/2/2020 at 5:15 PM, St4rdust said:

When we released Enhanced Edition in 2018, our goal was to bring the KSP experience players loved on PC to consoles. After release, our initial focus was on addressing and resolving console specific issues. Then we turned our attention to bringing over our largest updates, History and Parts Pack and Breaking Ground. Between those updates we looked at what features and parts would have the most impact for console players, and we prioritized those over mirroring the updates from PC. This allowed us to focus on improving the player experience while not being locked into the specific cadence set by PC updates. A great example of this is the addition of a console exclusive launch site on the Mun last year. Another example would be how we brought the maneuver mode from the Room to Maneuver PC update -- even though it was not technically next in line. 

On 9/16/2020 at 6:08 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

The ESA update isn’t coming to PS4 KSP! Update file won’t come even when PS4 is at 7.55 (which is most recent update). How come! The reddit guys are getting a little angry too.

Do you have evidence for this, or is it pure speculation?

On 9/15/2020 at 8:00 AM, Mikenike said:

Props dont work. It creates drag when not in use

Everything creates drag, why would you expect a part to not create drag (especially one that is typically forward facing)?

On 9/19/2020 at 8:55 AM, MarsUltor said:

I guess you didn’t want to read the original post?

Everything creates drag, why would you expect a part to not create drag (especially one that is typically forward facing)?

A LOT OF DRAG. More drag than normal. 

On 9/22/2020 at 2:08 AM, Mikenike said:
On 9/19/2020 at 2:55 PM, MarsUltor said:

A LOT OF DRAG. More drag than normal. 

How much is normal?

are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, Singhnaut said:

Thanks you! Love the xbox version! One thing that makes KSP unique from other spaceflight sims is it's collaboration with real space agencies! Can't Wait!

I meant to say thank you

Not 3 ton weight on the front of your craft. Barely making it airborne, barely keeping it from flipping or stalling. I should mention it is with the prop at 0RPMs.  Its like someone down-scaled ore tanks, made them invisible, and stuck them to the props. 

On 9/17/2020 at 4:46 AM, Mikenike said:

Thats fine, my job as the player is to simply let yall know, and I didnt know who was working on the code for the porting, so I tagged as many devs as I knew so that this may get fixed at some point, because it hurts to see KSP have bugs. Thanks for the answer though.

No!! You are wrong. It is coming, however it takes longer because the @SQUAD devs have to pass the code and game files over to another company to port them to Xbox and PS4, so it may take 4-6 months but hey, at least we get it. Its not as simple as keeping it in sync, the other company has other priorities, and the devs have to optimize for Xbox and PS4. So chill, we'll get the new update, eventually.

We have the Mun Launchpad, but that has been modded in on PC, sadly, other than that, there are no Xbox/PS exclusives, I dont even think there are any PC exclusives.

Hide contents

I may be wrong. But I dont think so.

Oh. I realize. The update will come sometime later. Okay. Sorry.

Sorry.

Edited by Dr. Kerbal

1 minute ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Oh. I realize. The update will come sometime later. Okay. Sorry.

Sorry.

Thank you for being understanding, I have talked with some devs for this game on here, and occasionally, I'll rant and rave on it too, but you need to understand that they try. What if somebody came up to you and yelled about your kid being a retard, when he isnt. You'd be fustrated too, like they are. The game is almost like a kid to them, they created it, while they know they need to fix some things, they don't need people DMing them and saying they don't care about consoles and whatnot. If there is a problem, like bugs, go visit the bugtracker and put it down there. If you need help, ask the community, but try not to be rude to the devs. These guys work hard, and its sad to see them get fussed at for having a buggy game. YOU ACCEPTED THE FACT IT WILL HAVE BUGS WHEN YOU PURCHSED THE GAME. So chill out, and do your real part, and report problems to the tracker. If it is a serious issue that effects many people, they will give it priority over other bugs. You can only give the porting company so much to do. 

On 10/5/2020 at 12:06 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

I wonder when the update file will come @Mikenike. Hum. Soon though cause I want to get all the trolleys before KSP2 comes out. Haha!

KSP1 will continue to be updated into the foreseeable future, at least thats what Ive heard.KSP 1 and 2 are being developed by seperate entities, thus KSP1 will continue to be supported, unlike other big triple A titles that have installments every year, like Madden, 2K, Fifa, and COD, where it will be supported until the next game from the same studio (Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer, etc.). Black Ops 3, a COD game, that came out in 2015, was supported through the next game (Infinity Ward's popular title Infinte Warfare,which to this day, like Black Ops 3, has populated lobbies).

HELL YEAH!!! ALL CONGRATULATIONS TO THE KSP TEAM. YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL!!! I'VE REALLY BEEN WAITING FOR MORE KSP ENHANCED EDITION UPDATE AND AFTER 1.6 AND 1.7 RELEASE, I CAN REALLY START FEELING THE MOMENTUM!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!

Time to sacrifice Kerbals once more, FOR SCIENCE!!!

-Sincerely, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE (Thank you XD)

Edited by Vanamonde
Don't get carried away with joke formatting, please.

On 10/7/2020 at 2:45 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

KSP1 and 2 should be supported on PS5.

@Dr. Kerbal The WIERD THING IS... KSP 1 and 2 ARE SUPPORTED ON PS5. if you know a decent amount on the PS5 system that is coming out, you'll find out that you can play PS4 games on the PS5 (Which INCLUDES KSP and KSP2)! And for the XBOX fans, you can play KSP and KSP2 on XBOX Series X AND S, thanks to Gamepass and XBOX'S amazing game library. I hope this answered both your question and the many other KSP players and Kerbals who are asking this SAME intriguing question.

Things not going as planned, MASH SPACEBAR!!! - DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE