[1.10] StarLink Satellite Pack 1.1.0 | 2020.9.13

Akino

bf5f00bc4c8f2fa62372cd8056fbb0f5.jpg

DOWNLOAD

SPACEDOCK

INSTALLATION

1.Remove the older versions of this mod.
2.Put all contents of "GameData" into your "KSP/GameData"folder.
3.Install KerbalJointReinforcement (Depends) by Rudolf Meier
4.Install DistantObjectEnhancement (Optional) by Rubber Ducky

FAQ

Q:Why are my Starlink satellites tossing around like noodles?
A:This problem cannot be solved for the time being.And,install "KerbalJointReinforcement" can Solve the problem.
Q:How to fit the original game size?
A:Please delete "patches/StarLinkSatellite_KSPsize_Patch.cfg.RemoveMeToKSPSize" File suffix of ".RemoveMeToKSPSize"
Q:How to return the real size?
A:Please Add"patches/StarLinkSatellite_KSPsize_Patch.cfg" File suffix of ".RemoveMeToKSPSize", or delete this fils.
Waiting for more questions...

LICENSE

Creative Commons License
StarLink Satellite Pack by Akino is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

MEDIA

Review by @Kottabos

Spoiler

bcd24bdda6b0f5cff6d5cc71bd649dab.pngc25fada694d308f7ee33f2e74acada96.png

CHANGELOG

Spoiler

Version 1.0.1

1.Fixed the antenna type of Starlink satellite

Version 1.0.2

1.Deleted the redundant contents in the Starlink satellite cfg file.

Version 1.1.0

1.Directory structure changed
2.Fixed the mass of Starlink satellite.
3.Add CoMoffset,Avoid unnecessary offset when starting ion thruster.
4.Add a patch files to fit the original game size.
5.Add new craft to fit original game size.

CREDITS

@Mecripp Thank him for a series of help for this mod.

FUTURE PLANS

• Remake the Starlink model to make it more like real Starlink satellite.
  • Make the ride-sharing adaptors.The demo version is expected to be available next week.

532831eb03da49851a30b0abbbdf4e5a.png

Edited by Akino
Update this mod

13 hours ago, northern said:

Any Chance you could change the antennas to relay rather than direct please?

Yeah, this would be great, then it makes sense to send a whole bunch of the them. Also could not find it in Ckan. Great work.

Edited by Dr. Boo

Why you have 

MODULE
   {
		name = kOSProcessor
		diskSpace = 255000
	}

but you dont have the mod listed for install  plus you could just make a MM for if they had the mod installed or not then it throwing a error because it cant find it ?

/*                           <------------------------  this a type O ?
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDecouple
		ejectionForce = 0
		explosiveNodeID = linkNode1
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name =	
		ejectionForce = 0
		explosiveNodeID = linkNode2
	}
	*/                           <----------------------------  here too never seen them used before

12 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

Why you have 

MODULE
   {
		name = kOSProcessor
		diskSpace = 255000
	}

but you dont have the mod listed for install  plus you could just make a MM for if they had the mod installed or not then it throwing a error because it cant find it ?

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDecouple
		ejectionForce = 0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name =	
		ejectionForce = 0
	}
	*/                           <----------------------------  here too never seen them used before

Thank you for questions. Since this is the first time I have made mod, there are still many deficiencies, will be improved immediately.

13 minutes ago, Akino said:

Thank you for questions. Since this is the first time I have made mod, there are still many deficiencies, will be improved immediately.

Also the mod Trajectories its on the craft files they will throw error with out that mod and there a couple more errors https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyl5h48bj0a2y1d/screenshot1.png?dl=0

@Akino What Mecripp is trying to say is that when you made the craft files you probably had some mods installed - some mods add something to every craft file (like trajectories)and this will throw up errors for people who don't have those mods installed.

One of your FAQ questions will probably be asking how compatible this mod is with TundraExploration, it's another fairly popular SpaceX based mod so users of that will be looking for this as well :)

Looks very nice! Do you have any future plans for ride-sharing adaptors?

8 minutes ago, Bellabong said:

@Akino What Mecripp is trying to say is that when you made the craft files you probably had some mods installed - some mods add something to every craft file (like trajectories)and this will throw up errors for people who don't have those mods installed.

One of your FAQ questions will probably be asking how compatible this mod is with TundraExploration, it's another fairly popular SpaceX based mod so users of that will be looking for this as well :)

Looks very nice! Do you have any future plans for ride-sharing adaptors?

Yes,have plans for ride-sharing adaptors.Will be added in version 2.0, and the Starlink satellite may be remade.

5 hours ago, Mecripp said:

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDecouple
		ejectionForce = 0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name =	
		ejectionForce = 0
	}

You can do that to comment out whole blocks of text, instead of '//' line by line... at least in NotePad++ ... altho I dont remember if KSP cfg parser recognizes them to comment out the whole block

7 hours ago, Dr. Boo said:

Yeah, this would be great, then it makes sense to send a whole bunch of the them. Also could not find it in Ckan. Great work.

I opened the Config files and changed DIRECT to RELAY, but i dont wanna do that every time

Is the Ion thruster meant to be off set? it keeps spinning me around

Edited by northern

3 minutes ago, northern said:

I opened the Config files and changed DIRECT to RELAY, but i dont wanna do that every time

Is the Ion thruster meant to be off set? it keeps spinning me around

The new version has changed the antenna type.

Try not to use the maximum thrust of the ion thruster, so it will not rotate all the time.

6 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

You can do that to comment out whole blocks of text, instead of '//' line by line... at least in NotePad++ ... altho I dont remember if KSP cfg parser recognizes them to comment out the whole block

I don’t believe it does.  That comment syntax is seen in several languages such as C, C++, C#, etc.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Here is a patch that rescales this mod to fit 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vslzy5idona38dh/StarLinkSatellite_TundraExploration_Patch.cfg?dl=0

Edit- Rescaled the starLinkBase to fit upstage tank add rescale lower node and added nodes for the fairing to starLinkBase 

Spoiler

@PART[starLinkBase]
{
  %scale = 1
  @rescaleFactor = 0.67
  @category = Pods
  %node_stack_fairing2 = 0.0, 4.79892, 1.96598, 0.0, 0.37596, 0.0, 2
  %node_stack_fairing1 = 0.0, 4.79892, -1.94185, 0.0, 0.37596, 0.0, 2
  %stackSymmetry = 1
  %NODE,1
        %NODE 
    {
        %name = linkNode4
        %transform = _linknode.004
        %size = 2
        %method = FIXED_JOINT //FIXED_JOINT, HINGE_JOINT, LOCKED_JOINT, MERGED_PHYSICS or NO_PHYSICS
    }
}

@PART[StructuralBeam]
{
  %scale = 1
  @rescaleFactor = 0.67
}

@PART[starlink_L]
{
  %scale = 1
  @rescaleFactor = 0.67
}

@PART[starlink_R]
{
  %scale = 1
  @rescaleFactor = 0.67
}

EDIT- and change the base to category = pods

EDIT- @Akino any chance of some specular textures of this mod ?

Edited by Mecripp

On 9/5/2020 at 6:03 PM, northern said:

Any Chance you could change the antennas to relay rather than direct please?

oh yes, i second that!

it's the whole point of these satellites to build a relay network, isn't it?

they are so small and neat(and just 1 part per satellite, so hopefully fps-friendly), my first thought was that from now on i will attach at least 3 of these to all my probes to build a relay network around each planet!

This mod looks VERY promising, I look forward to what it becomes in the future!

Regarding the ion thruster causing the craft to spin, that should be relatively easy to fix.

I think all you need to do is add in the line "CoMOffset = X, Y, Z" where X Y Z are numbers that create a set of coordinates telling the game where to put the part's COM relative to the part's origin. Mess around with those numbers a bit and you should be able to find (or calculate) numbers that make the COM of the satellite line up with the thrust axis of the ion thruster, therefore eliminating the source of the unwanted torque.

I highly doubt that the IRL Starlink satellites have such a problem, as general practice for making satellites is that the thrust vector from any thruster not intended to rotate the vessel should be aligned with the center of mass of the satellite, because otherwise the satellite would need to inefficiently waste propellant to maintain it's orientation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.