Outpost contract won't complete, requirements met (IMO)

I have a base building contract that I think I've completed, but KSP doesn't agree. Boo. I'm wondering if KSP's contract system doesn't play well (enough) with KAS/KIS.

I built part of the requirements for a base and and landed it; then I built the rest of the requirements and landed them close by. Then I fiddled with figuring out KAS for awhile, but eventually got the two pieces connected into one vessel. Now it shows all requirements met, *except* the first one - "build a new outpost that has an antenna, docking port, [...]". Now, when I landed part one of the base, that requirement was met; it was missing "have xxx fuel" and "support n Kerbals" but everything else was good.

What makes a base "new" from a contract point of view? It feels like the game doesn't think this is a new construction. Each of the various has its own probe core; does it make a difference where I control from?

Any suggestions welcome...

For a base or station to be considered "new" every single part of the whole base has to have been launched after you accepted the contract.

It sounds like something connected to your base had already been launched before you accepted the contract. If those older parts are not essential to the contract requirements then you should be able to disconnect them and then the contract will usually complete successfully, but it's not guaranteed.

14 hours ago, HvP said:

For a base or station to be considered "new" every single part of the whole base has to have been launched after you accepted the contract.

I'm sure that's true in this case. When I was landing part one of the base, that requirement was checked as complete; later, after landing part two, it became un-checked for some reason...

Interestingly, when I'm focused on the lander, the contracts window there shows all the requirements complete except the first one, "build a new ..." But when I look at that contract from mission control, none of the requirements are complete. It's really confused.

Edited by chd

8 hours ago, chd said:

I'm sure that's true in this case.

You said you've been using KIS and KAS to put these components together. I know that the contract system will usually accept vessel components connected by KAS as legitimate as I've done it many times myself. Did all of your Kerbals launch with these vessels after the contract was accepted? If you transferred the Kerbals over from craft that are older than the contract then it's possible they may be carrying items in their inventory that are also older than the contract. I don't know if Kerbal inventory items count against the contract but it's worth checking.

When all else fails, and you are certain that the contract should be successful, then you can force it to complete by going into the Alt+F12 cheat menu, look for the contracts tab and then click the button next to the appropriate contract to mark it complete.

Edited by HvP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.