HumanStuff (Slightly More) Realistic Spacesuits, Heads & Staff For KSP v1.8.1

Discontinued, [snip]
Humanstuff content of my creation is now a "AGPLv3" project

Please  report any use of any content licensed as such in other sources to me directly.

On 9/7/2020 at 9:05 AM, hemeac said:

Congrats on the release, looks great!

Thank you @hemeac@Chubby_Hamster, @Jiraiyah & of course @GregroxMun.... You guys basically taught me, you just didnt know.

Spoiler

NOTE: @pap1723 how would I go about begging for inclusion in RP1... I'm willing to make a few of these (F-86 Sabre/MiG-15 pressure suit > Model 4/SK-1 > G4C/Berkut > A1C/Yastreb > & EMU/Orlan, Plus IVA Sokol's 1st to '80's to /G5C to '80's "pumpkin")

I can match parachute canopies, but not any backpacks until i create my own "normal map" template (starting with a "box" I see examples of these "map" things)

My real area of skill is not unity, XnConvert and/or paint.net lol (I fix consumer "smart device" electronics, IoT/Mobiles to desktops/servers, at the PEBKAC level to component level for a living)

I'm a Canadian and about to be 40... if you want to hear tales of the days of "When CP/m was the Windows 10/Ubuntu of its era".... I could tell them 1st hand lol (as a child PC user or "wiz-kid" ppl said, due to a stupid short run early '80's TV show). 

On 9/7/2020 at 8:51 AM, Chubby_Hamster said:

Wow

Wow to your work too, your B&W "KSP2" suit... along with a few other posts motivated me, esp @Jiraiyah with the green skull revived (but with no historic packs yet sadly, but the GREEN & BLACK IS BACK! ITS ALL THE RAGE STYLE THEY SAY, lol)

Thank you, your boots and straps were genius! Thanks for the idea and example "IRL".

Edited by Guest
spoiler to shorten

ummm YIKES.... in the name of the space knacken... WHO/WHAT, file image & name  does "Linus Kermin" use... :o

I honestly just truly "noticed him" ("I see you" Linus) in my own patch-work title image!

ps: is this correct?? "HumanStuff.cfg"

Spoiler

// Default configuration for HumanStuff Texture Replacer pack.
TextureReplacer
{
  isAtmSuitEnabled = true
  atmSuitPressure = 0.6
  CustomKerbals
  {
    Jebediah Kerman  = HumanStuff\JebediahKerman.mx
    Bill Kerman      = HumanStuff\BillKerman.mx
    Bob Kerman       = HumanStuff\BobKerman.mx
    Valentina Kerman = HumanStuff\ValentinaKerman.fx          
  }
}
  1. isAtmSuitEnabled = true ..... is this what will cause "helmetless" suit spawn in a "breathable atmosphere" (can I force earth only, below the "Armstrong limit" altitude or in atmospheres past "tenths" decimal point?)
  2. atmSuitPressure = 0.6 ..... is this what will cause IVA suit spawn in a "breathable atmosphere" (can I force earth only, below the "Armstrong limit" altitude or in atmospheres past "tenths" decimal point?)
  3. Can i force "@modulecommand" with a "has" looking for "un/not pressurized" or "pressurised to/at XYX altitude", to force "high altitude flight suits" to be worn in "airplane cockpits" (specifically a "for use in RSS, RO, and/or RP1 question)

And then these questions: 

Spoiler

HumanStuff PortraitStats & KolonizationClassSuits cfg (MM_Portrait_Stats_PATCH.cfg), but I doubt its useful for my needs, or is it? being for: Realistic rank insignia

Plus: colour match for HumanStuff (MM_SUIT_COLOR_PATCH.cfg) .. 95% sure its useful for my needs, or is it? being for: Realistic very slight "amber'ish" and/or "red'ish" tint to EVA suit light (to prevent blinding others in darkness IRL)

I also saw "KiwiSuitsPortraitStats.cfg" [KiwiAerospace] looks neat, but Im not sure if its useful for my needs, or is it? being for: Nation/Agency insignia & Flags (or name plates??)

Edited by Guest
questions, spoiler to shorten

44 minutes ago, Chubby_Hamster said:

;)

check messages, I'd like to make 2 small changes...unless you say no lol...I'll still add them and credit you.

PS: The "KSP2" heads you made, recolour to be "AsianGuy2 & AsianGirl2"... That skin tone is least represented and the hair is ideal for that combination (I may need to, well want to, darken female hair a shade also)

I took the liberity of matching file format to all dds and matching image files to be 1024x1024 16M for heads and 4096x4096 16M fot suits.

Think you can help me fix albino Gene (only issue Mission Control scene, not "pop windows") and "scientist/flag person crew" (but only issue in SPH/VAB)?

^This one confuses me:blush:

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Aazard said:

check messages, I'd like to make 2 small changes...unless you say no lol...I'll still add them and credit you.

PS: The "KSP2" heads you made, recolour to be "AsianGuy2 & AsianGirl2"... That skin tone is least represented and the hair is ideal for that combination (I may need to, well want to, darken female hair a shade also)

I took the liberity of matching file format to all dds and matching image files to be 1024x1024 16M for heads and 4096x4096 16M fot suits.

Think you can help me fix albino Gene (only issue Mission Control scene, not "pop windows") and "scientist/flag person crew" (but only issue in SPH/VAB)?

^This one confuses me:blush:

unfortunately I do not know how to fix this problem((

This is very cool.  I would like to ask if it were possible to have the VAB workers not all monotone though, but it looks like there are only two models?

Also the hands in for the staff...  lol.  It is a feature, not a bug!

I'm going to use this.

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit

HumanStuff v1.0.1 "Freedom/Vostok One" 

Released!

Added/Changed:

* v1.0.1 "Freedom/Vostok One"

- EnvMaps folder was "missed" in dds pass. Got it this time.
  - Added more faces/heads
  - Added Vostok Programme SK-1 EIVA Suit (IVA as IVA and EVA) by @Chubby_Hampster
  - Added Apollo Programme A7L EVA suits (With generation appropriate IVA suit to be added, NO IVA ADDED YET) by @Chubby_Hampster

https://github.com/aazard/HumanStuff/releases/tag/v1.0.1

42 minutes ago, Aazard said:

HumanStuff v1.0.1 "Freedom/Vostok One" 

Released!

Added/Changed:

* v1.0.1 "Freedom/Vostok One"

- EnvMaps folder was "missed" in dds pass. Got it this time.
  - Added more faces/heads
  - Added Vostok Programme SK-1 EIVA Suit (IVA as IVA and EVA) by @Chubby_Hampster
  - Added Apollo Programme A7L EVA suits (With generation appropriate IVA suit to be added, NO IVA ADDED YET) by @Chubby_Hampster

https://github.com/aazard/HumanStuff/releases/tag/v1.0.1

IVA Apollo like this?apollo_iv_and_ev_suits_irwin_and_bull_s68-18701.jpg

On 9/7/2020 at 2:50 PM, theJesuit said:

This is very cool.  I would like to ask if it were possible to have the VAB workers not all monotone though, but it looks like there are only two models?

I'm going to use this.

Peace.

I believe that crew is:

"Lab coat" & "Signal lights" guys use Gene's model (as they are albino also)

"Grey" and "Yellow" hard hat guys seem to use same "head" as Linus Kermin's model (I'll check with trial and error)Your request is to make them more skin tone inclusive? I can see what I can find, I'm basically learning on this mod.....sorry

Spoiler

On 9/7/2020 at 4:17 PM, Chubby_Hamster said:

IVA Apollo like this?apollo_iv_and_ev_suits_irwin_and_bull_s68-18701.jpg

Yes, but Wiki claims "Exactly" this (when was Wikipedia ever wrong?)

320px-S71-24537-A7L_without_outerlayer.jCMP-A7L.png

But we only have the materials we have to make a look a like, so "close enough" is better than "nothing"

You see my Mecury Navy Mark IV EIVA suit, its not "really close 90% correct".. but its alot closer than the stock suit. Plus waiting on others to make them might happen never. Thats why I released the mod.... its almost "not being worked on" by many ppl (realism on the kerbals visuals), if any...... So I did it to help out

ummm... "medical injection flap"... yeah the idea of my spit boiling in my mouth, at just 16km to 18km, didnt freak me out enough... "Get your suborbital hop injections here!"

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I'm going to use this.

Peace.

I can maybe change the faces, but hands are "in data file assets" they are off limits due to TOS/EULA and forum rules I'm 90% sure.

7 hours ago, Aazard said:

I believe that crew is:

"Lab coat" & "Signal lights" guys use Gene's model (as they are albino also)

"Grey" and "Yellow" hard hat guys seem to use same "head" as Linus Kermin's model (I'll check with trial and error)

Your request is to make them more skin tone inclusive? I can see what I can find, I'm basically learning on this mod.....sorry

Yes, but Wiki claims "Exactly" this (when was Wikipedia ever wrong?)

320px-S71-24537-A7L_without_outerlayer.jCMP-A7L.png

But we only have the materials we have to make a look a like, so "close enough" is better than "nothing"

You see my Mecury Navy Mark IV EIVA suit, its not "really close 90% correct".. but its alot closer than the stock suit. Plus waiting on others to make them might happen never. Thats why I released the mod.... its almost "not being worked on" by many ppl (realism on the kerbals visuals), if any...... So I did it to help out

ummm... "medical injection flap"... yeah the idea of my spit boiling in my mouth, at just 16km to 18km, didnt freak me out enough... "Get your suborbital hop injections here!"

Well I'll try to make a suit like this

Soon (TM):

PS how do I blend and dither colors properly? My method is ineffective, when I'm making a "soft material look" It doesn't get a "being worn fabric" look result... you can see the results I get in my 1st screen shot below . PS: Color tones arent "off", Gerald Ruiz has an Asian skin tone male head (not white skin tone)

Pressure Suit, Mark IV, Model 3, U.S.N, "IEVA" Suit boots Naval Aviator shade for (?) 1953+, not USAF (NASA & U.S. Navy worked closely in early days) 

Not quite done yet (cause I'm envious of @Chubby_Hamster's work lol). Plus I'm messy I need to do some 3 pixel brush work to clean up "boarders"/random pixels. DONE
NOTE: Some assets (zippers/stitching etc, also used for shapes/location mapping < thank goodness) are @GregroxMun's work (and man he is GOOD!)

Spoiler

8Ltu1Do.png

Pressure Suit, High Altitude - as above but CCCP MiG-15 Pilot variant

Spoiler

46pPnfH.png

Realreal: (Mark IV, Model 3, U.S.N pictured)

Spoiler

usnavymk2.jpg

SK-1 IEVA Suit: New and improved revision, by @Chubby_Hamster

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=623&height=350

real:

Spoiler

File:Sk-1 spacesuit taken at the Memorial Museum of Space Exploration.jpg -  Wikimedia Commons

Apollo A7L, "Inner Layer" Pressure Garment (IVA Suit): by @Chubby_Hamster, as companion Apolo A7L EVA suit

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=623&height=350 <---- DO YOU SEE THAT HAIR!

Real: Blue (left) = inner pressurized garment (IVA), White (right) = Outer protective garment (EVA)

Spoiler

Apollo Space Suits | Huntsville Alabama | Raymond Cunningham | Flickr

NOTES:

Spoiler

1. Yes I am continuing to work on "kbGeneKerman_head" file in default folder, I can not see the issue, I will attempt to make new head from a transparent canvas and see it that helps.
  2. I will attempt to racially diversify KSC ground crew as requested, I'm sorry as the common answer goes "I didnt notice until you mentioned it". I believe there are 3 or 4 "heads" used, all male.. I will attempt to add a female as well (but that might just not be possible).
  3. Cfg file edits are underway to see what I can do for "realism" of "suit spawn" in given situations: NOTE: Not sure if I can specify a temp range

- IVA/No helmet: Survivable temp range. breathable atmo, pressure over 0.6ATM

- IVA/helmet: Survivable temp range. breathable atmo, pressure NOT over 0.6ATM

- EVA/helmet: Not a Survivable temp range. breathable atmo, pressure not over 0.6ATM

- so on, so on... I wont list them all... we all know when we cant breath the gas around us, if we need protective clothes, we notice when our spit BOILS IN OUR MOUTHS AT ROOM TEMP! (why? omg why?!?) All "common sense" settings

I will be making to make edits to my local copy, then to the master repo.. to be doing a release after each successful "its not screwed up" test.

I will make a new release version when I have these ready IVA & EVA suits to use:

Suits:

Spoiler

- Navy Mark IV YF-86D Variant IEVA (Not an MR series suit, it was used by test pilots & in some X-plane projects though) DONE

- CCCP MiG Pilot Variant of High Altitude Suit (I-330 test pilot, Proto MiG 17)  DONE

Navy Mark IV Mercury MR3/MR4 Variant IEVA (MR3 had gloves zippered to suit, and apparently that sucked) DONE

- SK-1 IEVA (Vostok Programme, female suit, but otherwise identical is called "SK-2"),  @Chubby_Hamster submission (Not done, Stand in suit present)

- Apollo A7L suits, outer = EVA, Inner = IVA, @Chubby_Hamster submission (Not done, BUT outer "EVA" suit is done & in pack already)

Heads/Faces:

Spoiler

- Add male and female head/face templates "do it yourself" , 2 each: 1 as DDS & 1 as PNG, base "white" skin tone used with NO HAIR (making drop in hair easy) DONE

- Add 4 "head hairstyle templates" (for both male & female) as "drop in" layers, for face/head templates

- Add 1, of each style, "Facial Hair Templates", I'll try for 1 each of hair colour, as drop in" layers, for face/head templates

- Add "old female heads" plus old female hair template,

- Age range: make 1 "aging" drop-in "layer addition" for both male and female, to make 3 age ranges. (Normal face = Young Adult, young face + greying hair = mid age, Add aged layer to = "old age"

- Fix "kbGeneKerman_head" file (its effecting ground crews) and attempt to "diversify" races/genders of ground crew (I may not ever be able to make them female, unsure ATM)

Cfg overhaul:

Spoiler

- Add in most possible (but unaltered options) not being used currently by pack (future proofing), DONE

- Clean formatting & rename "ZZ-HumanStuff.cfg" Now supersedes "TR.cfg" and contains same info as "@Default.cfg" (both could not be present, pack still functions) DONE

- Explore addition functions possible with cfg's for TR

Almost there for next release

WARNING NOTE: Delete old version 1st, there have been file structure changes

Edited by Guest
note about why reddish boots, not black - U.S.N., chubby_hampster additions, grammer

HumanStuff v1.0.2 "Freedom/Vostok One - Go For Launch"

Is Live! WARNING NOTE: Delete old version 1st, there have been file structure changes

HumanStuff v1.0.2
  - Added "Do it yourself" suit and head templates (both as correctly oriented PNG/DDS, Heads 1024x1024 16M, Suits 4096x4096 16M)
  - Added more faces/heads to least represented skin tones
  - Now using GitHub has a desktop app

--------------------------------------------------------

My personal featured addition: YF-86-D Test Pilot High Altitude Pressure Flight Suit

Spoiler

8Ltu1Do.png

NOTES:

Spoiler

1. Yes I am continuing to work on "kbGeneKerman_head" file in default folder, I can not see the issue, I will attempt to make new head from a transparent canvas and see it that helps.
  2. I will attempt to racially diversify KSC ground crew as requested, I'm sorry as the common answer goes "I didnt notice until you mentioned it". I believe there are 3 or 4 "heads" used, all male.. I will attempt to add a female as well (but that might just not be possible).
  3. Cfg file edits are underway to see what I can do for "realism" of "suit spawn" in given situations: NOTE: Not sure if I can specify a temp range

- IVA/No helmet: Survivable temp range. breathable atmo, pressure over 0.6ATM, DONE/SET (other than temp) under testing (these are only 2 "lines" total, so far)

- IVA/helmet: Survivable temp range. breathable atmo, pressure NOT over 0.6ATM, DONE/SET (other than temp) under testing

- EVA/helmet: Not a Survivable temp range. NOT breathable atmo AND/OR pressure NOT over 0.6ATM, DONE/SET (other than temp) under testing

- so on, so on... I wont list them all... we all roughly know when/where is reasonable for what

* I will be making to make edits to my local copy, then to the master repo.. to be doing a release after each successful "its not screwed up" test.

I will release newer version when I have added:

Suits:

Spoiler

- SK-1 IEVA (Vostok Programme, female suit, but otherwise identical is called "SK-2"),  @Chubby_Hamster submission (Not done, Stand in suit present)

- Apollo A7L suits, outer = EVA, Inner = IVA, @Chubby_Hamster submission (Not done, BUT outer "EVA" suit is done & in pack already)

- Break "Do it yourself" Suit template into separate "component/section" templates, for every independent component:
To allow editing/saving of custom "assets/parts" to build custom suits (I cant find anything like this, so I will do it myself and release it with mod pack, same for faces.

Heads/Faces:

Spoiler

- Add 4 "head hairstyle templates" (for both male & female) as "drop in" layers, for the face/head templates

- Add 1, of each style, "Facial Hair Templates", I'll try for 1 each of hair colour, as drop in" layers, for the face/head templates

- Add "old female heads" to each skin tone, plus old female hair & features template, as drop in" layers, for the face/head templates

- Age range: make 1 each "aging" drop-in "layer addition", for both male and female, to make 3 age ranges.
Normal face = A face + Non-grey(ing) hair.
Mid Aged Face: A face + Grey(ing) hair AND/OR Aging
Old Face= A face, + Grey(ing) hair + Aging"

- Fix "kbGeneKerman_head" file (its effecting ground crews) and attempt to "diversify" races/genders of ground crew (I may not ever be able to make them female, unsure ATM)

Cfg overhaul:

Spoiler

- Explore what "useful" (imho, to this pack) addition functions possible with cfg's for TR

Enjoy! PS I cant believe I can even pull this off

WARNING NOTE: Delete old version 1st, there have been file structure changes

Edited by Guest
expanded info, used spoilers to shorted size on page