any addon or way to do this?

ok so i was looking at a video on how to get science fast and he added a lot of fuel so his rocket had a lot more fuel, but when i do the same thing it has no difference if i put 1 fuel tank, so i was wondering is it an addon or is this an older version of the game?

1 hour ago, yeyehboi said:

ok so i was looking at a video on how to get science fast and he added a lot of fuel so his rocket had a lot more fuel, but when i do the same thing it has no difference if i put 1 fuel tank, so i was wondering is it an addon or is this an older version of the game?

He probably used clipping, which lets you put two or more parts in the same space.  It would help if you provided a link to the video 

Rocket construction is a skill that requires practice. If you do it wrong, then sometimes even adding more fuel doesn't actually do anything.

Additionally, piloting is a skill that requires practice. A skilled player might land on the Mun with a rocket that a newcomer might barely wrestle into orbit.

KSP is a difficult game with a big learning curve. But we're always happy to help out. :) Just try to be as precise as you can with the questions you're asking, because sometimes, it can be difficult to tell what's going on on your screen from just a few sentences of text.

ok, so i was talking about the 2nd rocket he made and also the 4th, he can make it to minmus, the mun and back and i can barely make orbit with that rocket, so i was wondering is it an addon hes using or some technique because he had so much more fuel than me and i made the exact same rocket as him.

3 hours ago, yeyehboi said:

oh, here is the video link: 

Lowne is a veteran, and a skilled one. As @Streetwind said, you need to practice a lot in order to get the same resuls as him.

How much you should go straight to the upper atmosphere before doing the gravity turn makes the difference beetween reaching orbit or barely getting a suborbital. Learning when to throttle down to save fuel (as too much speed on the atmosphere will make you burn fuel due drag) is another thing to be mastered.

Additionally, the video has 2 years already, perhaps made on KSP 1.7.3? On 1.8.0 some changes affected drag, and so designs that worked fine before became gas guzzlers now (or vice versa). So perhaps this also could be influencing on your dificulties.

Disclosure: I just manage to reach Mün using almost twice the fuel people use on Youtube. :P

FWIW, I think the video that you've linked to/refer to is more about the strategy/sequence of getting the science as well as which tech tree branch to unlock first to get the greatest amount of science in the shortest amount of time, but not how to build or fly the rockets that actually accomplish the task (which is why it is so sped up and lacks details of the rockets or the technique used to get to the various destinations).

TL;DR: Use the video as an example of "How to Get Science Very Efficiently By Using These Experiments at These Locations", not as a "These Rockets Will Get You Science Quickly".

Edited by Wobbly Av8r

On 9/8/2020 at 4:25 PM, yeyehboi said:

thanks for telling me, ill try now to improve to be better and able to do stuff like him.

If it makes you feel better, I'm trying for years already. I'm not even close. :sticktongue:

But there's a guy that is even better (in fact, Lowne says he learnt a lot from him), I suggest you spend some time watching Scott Manley's older videos. Check this playlist of him:

Some (if not most) videos are from the early versions of KSP - so things will change a bit on the new ones (specially the drag, that changed a lot on 1.8.0 and newer), nut the theory it's the same. And we can always add MOAR BOOSTERS :)

• 2 weeks later...

Matt often includes .craft files on his videos, but in this case I suspect he considered constructing the vessels an exercise for the viewer.  There's an almost unlimited number of ways of gathering lots of science, part of the fun is working out your own ways of doing that.  You get better at the game while you work at this.

If you have trouble getting to orbit with your own rendition of someone's rocket, try the same with a little less payload, or 'moar boosters'!

I built a version of the Minmus rocket. It's a little hard to fly deep in the atmosphere with fixed fins and engines but I managed to get it to Minmus and land on a few biomes so it's probably a piloting issue. Early on I had to make stupidly large rockets to land on the Mun and Minmus but practice makes perfect...or at least better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.