Some sort of small map window?

Hweiii

In KSP 1 aside from the initial launch, docking and landing you spend most of your time flying the craft in map view. It would be a shame for the developers to
beautifully shade, light and texture the spacecraft parts just so we can spend 90% of our time not looking at them. This is a difficult problem to solve as it objectively
is easier to fly the craft in map view. Maybe you could add a small orthographic top down view of your orbit around the planet, you could use this for simple stuff such as circularizing
your orbit, and you can use the map view for setting up more complex maneuvers such as rendezvous. It would also be cool to have a cinematic camera that automatically chooses good camera angles
so that both your spacecraft and the planetary body you're orbiting are in view. It would also be cool to be able to plot the whole course and maneuvers for the spacecraft before the launch so you don't have to fiddle with
maneuver nodes mid flight, you just fly the spacecraft according to premade maneuver nodes.

Edited by Hweiii

1 hour ago, Hweiii said:

It would also be cool to be able to plot the whole course and maneuvers for the spacecraft before the launch so you don't have to fiddle with
maneuver nodes mid flight, you just fly the spacecraft according to premade maneuver nodes.

But that's part of the fun of playing the game.  Some stock form of Mechjeb will likely be implemented though, for high-speed trajectories.

This suggestion for the game's development has been moved to Suggestions & Development. 

And has now been moved back because I realized it was in the right place to begin with. Sorry, I don't sleep well in hot weather and it's making me dopey. 

Edited by Vanamonde

9 hours ago, Entropian said:

But that's part of the fun of playing the game.  Some stock form of Mechjeb will likely be implemented though, for high-speed trajectories.

That, and better time warp will most likely be made stock.