stock(+dlc) piston engine challenge.

The challenge is to build a stock ICE piston engine and power something with it.

me and others have been working on the development of these engines for years now (a lot of them for much longer than i)

and to help accelerate progress i think it's about time to see who can build the best!

as of yet there is no good system of scoring this but for now i will judge it as follows:

make a working ICE piston engine: 10 pts

make a stock ICE piston engine and power something with it (food blender for example) 20 pts

make a stock ICE piston engine and drive a rover or boat with it 30 pts

make a stock ICE piston engine and power an aeroplane with it 40 pts

use of dlc is encouraged because of the extreme difficulty, however: if you are able to complete any of the things above without using dlc your points will be doubled.

some inspiration:

@Pds314          @Azimech

Edited by Flying dutchman

10 minutes ago, Flying dutchman said:

The challenge is to build a stock ICE piston engine and power something with it.

So how does one make an internal combustion piston engine in KSP, anyway? Use a jet engine to push the pistons?

(Also, I feel like adding an "easy mode" division that allows electric-powered BG pistons could be a good idea. That seems like a hard enough challenge all on its own.)

Just now, vyznev said:

So how does one make an internal combustion piston engine in KSP, anyway? Use a jet engine to push the pistons?

(Also, I feel like adding an "easy mode" division that allows electric-powered BG pistons could be a good idea. That seems like a hard enough challenge all on its own.)

well that's how i do it ;)

i'll think about that easy mode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.