MASA

GuessingEveryDay

oVWJ1lb.jpg

By @Misguided_Kerbal

Hello! I have been given permission by @Misguided_Kerbal to continue KASA 50 years later! This may or not be the same as KASA, but pictures and story writing will be as important as ever. But I had to remove some of the mods that the original used. Here's the list of mods I'm using.

Spoiler

Visual:

Scatterer

Distant Object Enhancement

PlanetShine

TUFX with @Zorg's Configs

Parts:

ReStock

ReStock+

Utility:

Chatterer

Astrogator

Trajectories

Mechjeb 2

Final Frontier

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Better Time Warp

Star of the Show:

Alien Space Programs. This mod changes where the Kerbal Space Center is located.

Kerbonauts:

Jebediah Kerman

Bill Kerman

Bob Kerman

Valentina Kerman

Gene Kerman

Wehrner Kerman

3 unnamed (Once I'm able to get 3 kerbals, I'll put them here.)

SLV (Standard Launch Vehicle):

This is in Science, we haven't advanced that far enough yet.

Rocket Launches:

Flag:

JBW5ip2.png

To-do List:

First kerbal from Mun.

First satellite.

Edited by GuessingEveryDay
New banner! And posts.

The first chapter of MASA:

Upon landing, they explored the Mun looking for whatever they could find, but somehow close to one of the Mun arches, they found a mini Space Center, and inside they found Val! They used the remnants of the lander to upgrade the center completely, "How did that even work?" wondered Gene. They were about to launch their first rocket from the Mun to celebrate when a green flash appeared and turned everything to stone! The Mun Space Center and its inhabitants were preserved, but anything who entered the 10 km zone were petrified too. 50 years later, the Mun Space Center was unpetrified, and the inhabitants wondered what happened. They had seen something like that on a TV show called Doktor Stone but with anything, and decided to check their databases. What they found was horrifying, albeit awesome. Jeb, Bill, and Bob had come down looking for them, but they got petrified too. But since the 5 originals of the Mun center were unpetrified too, perhaps those three were too? They checked the cameras, but it seemed the petrification only affected some, the cameras had been hit by enough micro meteorites to destroy their batteries. So they looked outside and found the three of them! They were in the pool for some reason... Gene wondered if they had any pictures of the whole thing, but a quick diagnostic of the cameras showed that all of their memory cards were destroyed! "So, we have 9 people here on the Mun, a Space Center that magically gives us parts, and it's 50 years later. I need coffee..."

The First One:

Finally after cleaning up a bit and taking stock of everything, they found a problem. All of their tech had disappeared, except the first 2 tiers of the Tech Tree and the coffee machine, which made Gene happy until he found out there weren't any "real coffee". There was only hot chokolate. Gene muttered "Darn government."

Jeb said "At least we do have the space center." But when they entered the VAB, there were only probes. "Scratch that...".

"So we start all over again?" said Bob?

"I'll mess around in the code and see what I can find." Said Bill sitting in the corner with a kPhone with an evil grin on his face.

"You only know how to add and remove mods, Bill." muttered Val.

"At least the mods can change the game!" replied Bill, "And I found the..." just as the building started shaking.

"Is that a rocket launch?!" screamed Bob.

"Uh... Let's say I got bored and made my own rocket with the stuff we had..." Wehrner said after the shaking subsided.

"Please say you got pictures." Gene muttered.

"Yes! And here they are!" Wehrner replied.

Spoiler

cp6CLch.png

U8006o2.png

SiQWjgO.png

"Wait, how are you getting it back? There's no atmosphere on the Mun." asked Bill, who still was in the corner.

"And judging from those pictures there's no landing gear," added Jeb, "even I know that."

"Let's say I-- Oh! Here it comes!"

Spoiler

8fquWHH.png

09vuO6W.png

EBOh8op.png

yAak1FC.png

"Wehrner..." Gene started.

"Yes?"

"You are the smartest idiot on the Mun."

"Not sure if that's a compliment..."

"Nah, just need to get some coffee." Gene sighed.

"About that... I had to use the coffee machine for the Science..." Wehrner winced.

"Excuse me."

Gene headed over to the Administration Building, and from there the 8 other kerbonauts could hear some words that no kid should ever hear.

5 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Woeh, much better than I could ever do! Great story telling!

(I'm out of likes for today)

Thank you! I'll work on the post for the next day. I wonder if anyone's noticed my reference to @Kuzzter's graphic novels yet...

A kerbal was tapping away on his kPhone in the corner with an evil grin, when the screen showed a green line filling up, and then going blank. The kerbal then screamed “I am a genius! Bwah-ha-ha-ha!” Lightning flashed, and thunder boomed. When the lights of the VAB turned on.

“Bill, what the heck are you doing in here?” Val asked.

“Val! Prepare to witness awesomeness! I successfully got rid of the thing that was blocking us from being able to use capsules!”

“Save it for tomorrow. It’s 30 minutes in the morning.”

“Really?”

“Yes, go to bed.”

1 hour later…

“Now can I show you guys?”

“Sure.”

As they headed over to the VAB, Bill showed them what he was up to the night before.

“Ta-dah! Capsules!”

Jeb looked around, and realized something was missing. “Where are the reaction wheels?”

“They’re over th-- Oh…” You see, in Bill’s attempt to change things, he had forgotten completely to make sure the reaction wheels stayed.

“The capsules have reaction wheels?” Bill smiled awkwardly.

“Bill, you’re going to be the last one in orbit.” Gene said from the intercom. He was still stuck in the Administration building until he wasn’t addicted to coffee. It was probably for the best.

“Boo…” whined Bill.

“And Wehrner, can you make a rocket?” Gene asked.

“Does anything Jeb fly go boom?”

“Hey! I take offense at that,” Jeb interrupted, “and does anyone know where Bob is?”

“Here I am, guys, and I found suits! They look awesome.” Bob said.

“Says they’re made by Phoenix Industries,” Val said, "I say Orange for the pilots, Blue for the scientists, and Red for Bill."

"No! Everyone knows that red's bad luck!" Bill complained.

"Jeb, get up in orbit." Gene ordered.

"Yes, sir!"

Spoiler
Spoiler

RUGXnXz.png

TwZqqE1.png

OxzygKr.png

zUxHi86.png

"I got 75 science ready for recovery." Jeb said.

"Make sure to remember that there's no air, so you'll have to land yourself." Gene replied.

Spoiler

"Deorbit burn complete." Jeb said, while throttling down.

a3SStrQ.png

5X2WpVi.png

jTrACMg.png

"Say, can anyone remember if someone landed on the VAB back on Kerbin?" Jeb wondered.

"Denied, Jeb."

"But no one's done it yet!"

"I will regret this. Permission to land on VAB granted."

"Yeah!"

JcwcHVA.png

Timmmmmmmbbeeerrrrrrr!!!!!!!

CjMOrpj.png

"Yummy science!" Jeb yelled.

"How are we going to get it now?" Bob said.

"There's a big green button in front of me. Should I push it?" Bill said.

"Wait, Bill--"

"Too late! Boop!"

2HYx2pV.png

"Yay! What are we going to get?" Bill said.

"Bill, you're stuck to monitoring the satellites." Val ordered.

"But we only have one!"

"Wait, what?! Where are the space stations then?"

To be continued!

Thanks to life (School and Clubs), my upload schedule for MASA seems to be every Saturday.

On with the story!

"Wait, what?! Where are the space stations then?" Val asked.

"No idea! Pioneer, and Viking are gone!" Bill replied.

"We have Science Jrs! Oh, am I interrupting something?" Bob said as he came out of the airlock.

"Yay, Science Jrs!" Gene walking behind Bob.

"I assume you're better now?"

"Thank you not mentioning the drink."

"Here's the rocket! you guys want!" Bill interrupted.

"Bill, you're not going into orbit for a week now..."

"Why? Is it a bad idea to have Science Jrs on the boosters?"

"Much..."

"It has a satellite kit?"

"Get on the rocket."

"Yay!"

F9tMOM5.png

"Liftoff!"

Spoiler

4eJ1BBV.png

wTu94xx.png

"Assembling the satellite." Jeb said, once they were in orbit. "I love KIS."

wVRQ1cR.png

"About those space stations, what do you think happened to them?" Val wondered.

"I know that we left behind a government that prioritized military more than space, so they probably got the space stations disassembled and sent it all back to Kerbin." Jeb said.

"FYI, we have enough science to get wheels." Bill interrupted.

MSMfV89.png

"I'll transmit the science." Bill continued.

"Yummy science! And I'll get a rover to the Mun Arch." Bob said.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ydBrYxdBTqmt3I0jFMV4gUKZJ5_JIgK6FcSdj1tVCOk

Waht?

Anyways, great as usual! Though it would probably be more expensive to disassemble the space station. They would probably have converted it to military use, like a observation place, missile launch place maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

A few minutes later...

Bob was driving in the recently created "Bob rover". His mission was to reach the Mun Arch.

CKO44aj.png

For some reason Bob was listening to Lil Nas K's "Old Mun Road".

Yeah, I'm gonna take my rover down to the Old Mun Road,

I'm gonna riiiiiide, 'till I can't no more.

Gene demanded Bob turn off the music, because the music was using up a lot of EC, and there are no solar panels. Yet...

"Boo..."

Bob would get out of the capsule to take EVA reports and surface samples.

oRawJOP.png

But, because there weren't any solar panels, Bob had to turn back.

LDCRIno.png

It wasn't without a few mishaps though...

j4yaKg3.png

BtEPcPe.png

EICf5jF.png

After 1 hour of driving on the Old-- Mun terrain, they had collected 80 science. "Pretty sure we're supposed to get more..." Bob mused.

"Why don't we send Bob to Minmus!" Bill suggested.

"Sure!" Bob said, "Just make sure you add a lot of solar panels.

"About that..."

4NyGKOL.png

"You forgot the panels?!"

"No... We were 0.1 Science short... Heh-heh..."

"More Batteries!"

A few hours later. (Forgot screenshots for launch...)

sKCLXfL.png

Gene realized there weren't any comms yet, so he pushed the Comm Button.

GIbgdru.png

5LlhKpU.png

"That was close," Gene muttered, "Hmm. Might as well send a pod for Kerbin.

kfcUHyT.png

"Minmus! Several days after launch, I was finally, oh wait, that's only a picture..."

Bob sighed, it had been 2 hours since he ran out of electricity, he still could control the ship, but again, Bill didn't add enough, they had used up all the EC sending back 1000 science.

It was starting to get lonely. He wondered what the gang was up to back home.

Back on the Mun.

"Hey Bill?" Val started, "How's the GroundComms coming along?"

"They've been done for several days now." Bill replied, "You ready?"

DwvFBll.png

"Boo, it's dark." Val complained.

"Bill! Don't forget about--" Gene started.

CYH5hst.png

wEYd0nK.png

"The view's nice," Bill remarked.

"Hey guys! I found some archives with the military," Jeb said "And apparently they took parts from vaults deep inside the planet, and played around with them."

"That looks fun."

Spoiler

I'm taking a few weeks off to prepare for the next Space Race. You guys can check it out here.

• 3 months later...

Okay, the save got corrupted, so I lost all progress, I do have enough screenshots for 2 more chapters, and then I'll look into a way to bring the nine kerbals back home. Or just start a new mission, but from Laythe! Or some other planet. 

2 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Okay, the save got corrupted, so I lost all progress, I do have enough screenshots for 2 more chapters, and then I'll look into a way to bring the nine kerbals back home. Or just start a new mission, but from Laythe! Or some other planet. 

Ouch man, would it be possible to recreate it from that point??

1 hour ago, Mikenike said:

Ouch man, would it be possible to recreate it from that point??

Okay, it turned out I had a virus on my computer from when my sister was trying to make me less interested in KSP, how she did that, I have no idea, but it didn't do that much damage, except delete some of my saves. Hopefully I can find a backup of a save and continue from there, if not, then I'll just restart the save. I would like to try a different tech tree. Any suggestions?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.