Can anyone get the flea and hammer contract to work!!?

I play Kerbal space program on Xbox and I have been having problems with the contracts that want you to test a booster engine at a certain altitude and speed I am able to get all of the check marks except for the "run test" of the engine which seems to to nothing once i get below the desired altitude the check marks go away and i fail and is forced to restart. 

I have tried for 3 hours getting this to work and i cant find out a way, I have tried firing the flea or hammer at the desired altitude and speed and it does nothing and landing with the engine intact still does not change anything. However I think i know what i'm doing wrong (kind of) to activate the "run test" you have to press A which on Xbox fires your next stage and for me this fires the flea engine and when you click"run test" it says its not complete when you look at the contract no matter how many times you click "run test" 

I don't know how to complete these test booster,parachute,engine at certain altitudes and speed it seems not to work if anyone on xbox knows a way to make these contracts work or know what I am doing wrong let me know. 

The contracts sometimes still reference legacy parts (older visual models).  These parts aren't in the parts tree proper, but can still be accessed from the advanced mode of the build menu (the button on the top left of the VAB/SPH interface), where you can sort by cross section size, etc.

You will see two variants of the parts in question in the listing, and selecting the older model will normally clear this particular issue up and allow the contract to complete.

"The contracts sometimes still reference legacy parts (older visual models).  These parts aren't in the parts tree proper, but can still be accessed from the advanced mode of the build menu (the button on the top left of the VAB/SPH interface), where you can sort by cross section size, etc." Where do i find these older models on xbox and what is the difference between the models. I also don't remember the contract asking to test the older model, I am very sure the contract is just broken. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 10:36 AM, kugelblitz0 said:

I play Kerbal space program on Xbox and I have been having problems with the contracts that want you to test a booster engine at a certain altitude and speed I am able to get all of the check marks except for the "run test" of the engine which seems to to nothing once i get below the desired altitude the check marks go away and i fail and is forced to restart. 

I have tried for 3 hours getting this to work and i cant find out a way, I have tried firing the flea or hammer at the desired altitude and speed and it does nothing and landing with the engine intact still does not change anything. However I think i know what i'm doing wrong (kind of) to activate the "run test" you have to press A which on Xbox fires your next stage and for me this fires the flea engine and when you click"run test" it says its not complete when you look at the contract no matter how many times you click "run test" 

I don't know how to complete these test booster,parachute,engine at certain altitudes and speed it seems not to work if anyone on xbox knows a way to make these contracts work or know what I am doing wrong let me know. 

This has been a bug forever. I haven't found a fix yet. Put it in the bug tracker.

• 2 weeks later...

The contract isn't broken, it's just sometimes referencing the older version of the part.  You won't see this mentioned anywhere in the text, but if it isn't working when you select the current model in the parts tree, you have to use the older one.  These contracts can still be completed.  I have done this many times across multiple saves.

As I mentioned previously, the older parts are accessible by switching to the advanced mode of the parts tree.  There is a button for this in the top left corner of the VAB/SPH screen.  Alternatively, press L3 on PS4 (LSB on XBox) to toggle the cursor off, and then press square on PS4 (X on XBox) to toggle Advanced mode.  From there, select one of the filters (for example, choose "filter by resource" and then "solid fuel").

When you locate the part, you will see multiple versions of it (the models are different).  The older Flea and Hammer models have grey and yellow bands on them and have a grungy looking base texture to them.

This is am occasion problem since Jeb was a cadet.

Closing the game properly through the 'return to main menu', then closing the app, is recommended, always.

Restarting the console from 'off' also helps prevent some issues.

After all of this, it might just be a failed contract you gotta live with because sometimes the contracts just don't work.

Try to think of it as a realism feature... not a bug.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.