HumanStuff - Add-on Development Thread

7 minutes ago, Aazard said:

You are awesome, merged!

Sorry to be a noob after all the years here, but 1 time modding for others... ummm next steps needed? New release with merge in it and push "1" version to space dock set to "v1.10.1" or for "v1.8.1"?

forgive delay html markdowning the github wiki )...blah...)

Don't apologize for not knowing everything as long as you are open to learn new stuff - which you definitely are. You are doing great!

Exactly, next step would be releasing a new version on SpaceDock containing HumanStuff.version inside the zip. You can do one on GitHub too, if you want to keep them synced, but at least for CKAN it's not needed.
It doesn't matter for CKAN whether you set the version to 1.8.1 or 1.10.1 on SpaceDock, since it extends the compatibility range with the data from the version file either way. However, mod authors usually set the highest compatible KSP version on SpaceDock, since that's what most users use, and to signal them that the mod is updated and works. So in this case, you'd choose 1.10.1. You can write the minimum KSP version (1.8.1 or 1.8.0 in this case) in the changelog and/or the description, so RSS/RO players know that they can also use that release without problems.

After you've uploaded this release, the CKAN team needs to add something called the "vref" to the metadata, so that our bot knows that it should look at the version file to get the compatibility info. We only need to do that once, so no worries for future releases.

And that's it, after that you only need one release to support a whole range of KSP versions (well, as long as KSP itself doesn't break the mods between its versions...)!

like:

{
  "NAME": "HumanStuff",
  "DOWNLOAD": "https://spacedock.info/mod/2524/HumanStuff",
  "URL": "https://github.com/aazard/HumanStuff/raw/master/GameData/HumanStuff/HumanStuff.version",
  "GITHUB": {
    "USERNAME": "aazard",
    "REPOSITORY": "HumanStuff"
  },
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 0,
    "PATCH": 4
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
    "MINOR": 8
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MAX": {
    "MINOR": 10
  }
}

or

{
  "NAME": "HumanStuff",
  "DOWNLOAD": "https://spacedock.info/mod/2524/HumanStuff",
  "URL": "https://github.com/aazard/HumanStuff/raw/master/GameData/HumanStuff/HumanStuff.version",
  "GITHUB": {
    "USERNAME": "aazard",
    "REPOSITORY": "HumanStuff"
  },
  "VERSION": {
    "MINOR": 0,
    "PATCH": 4
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
    "MINOR": 8
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MAX": {
    "MINOR": 10,
    "PATCH": 1
  }
}

?

PS: I'm tested back to v1.7.3 (which was released 11th July, 2019, and was "current" through to 15th/16th October, 2019) < - TR version dependent

I'm 99% sure i'm good back to (TR version dependent) KSP v1.5 (Released 15th October, 2018) → Reasoning: 1.5 is when "new" style suit "models/texture maps" where added. Hard to believe that its been almost 8 years from v0.20.2 to v1.10.1.

Edited by Guest

Either will work. The first one, "1.10" includes all patches falling in the 1.10 range, so it's like "1.10.X". The advantage of this one is, that in case we get to see a KSP 1.10.2 or 1.10.3... ,they'll automatically be included. The disadvantage is, that this new version in theory could break your mod while the version file would still claim it's compatible, however it's very unlikely nowadays.

The second one hard sets KSP 1.10.1 as upper limit, so in case  there's a KSP 1.10.2 you'd have to update the (remote) version file.

I personally prefer the first method, but it's up to you which one you choose.

Edit: God dammit I hate that buggy forum text formation.

16 minutes ago, Aazard said:

like:

or

?

Edited by DasSkelett

ok thanks, at least its "simple" text, I better get used to that screen lol

PS: will it auto cross check? I assume thats one of AVC/Mini-AVC's main functions?

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, Aazard said:

PS: I'm tested back to v1.7.3 (which was released 11th July, 2019, and was "current" through to 15th/16th October, 2019) < - TR version dependent

I'm 99% sure i'm good back to (TR version dependent) KSP v1.5 (Released 15th October, 2018) → Reasoning: 1.5 is when "new" style suit "models/texture maps" where added. Hard to believe that its been almost 8 years from v0.20.2 to v1.10.1.

Sure, if you want you can change the KSP_VERSION_MIN. I've just entered what I knew from this thread. Makes sense that the suits don't break often.

9 minutes ago, Aazard said:

PS: will it auto cross check? I assume thats one of AVC/Mini-AVC's main functions?

What do you mean with cross checking?

What do you mean with cross checking?

Like it would be checking my mod for KSP version compatibility, and any mods, like Texture Replacer, for being present and the correct "version", as its the mod on which my mod depends to function

3 minutes ago, Aazard said:

Like it would be checking my mod for KSP version compatibility, and any mods, like Texture Replacer, for being present and the correct "version", as its the mod on which my mod depends to function

If a user has AVC (or MiniAVC) installed, it'll check all mods that contain a .version file whether they are compatible with the used KSP version. TextureReplacer also ships one, so it is checked too. If a mod is incompatible according to the version file (and the remote version file if specified with the URL property), (Mini)AVC prints a warning.

AVC can't check whether a mod's dependencies are installed. However, CKAN does that, it makes sure that both ModuleManager and TextureReplacer get installed alongside HumanStuff, if a user installs HumanStuff via CKAN.

thanks for all this @DasSkelett

PS @DasSkelett

how do we get these dicussions/posts moved to add-on development for mod? (i'd like to have them there as opposed to here if possible)

Also may I repost this information? In the wiki for mod, in area dealing with releasing suits/skins users of the mod make online to the community, via ckan/spacedock (to help them with the same issue I just had)

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Use the "report post" button.

Thread moved to Add-on dev sub.

Whoops, my report might have been unclear. @Aazard didn't want the entire thread moved to Add-on Development, just the exchange with me about CKAN and AVC/the version file, and if possible, append those comments to the already existing thread for HumanStuff in Add-on Dev:

Edited by DasSkelett

9 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Right! @DasSkelett and @Aazard, hope this one is right!

Perfect! Thanks!
Now that that's sorted out...

10 hours ago, Aazard said:

Also may I repost this information? In the wiki for mod, in area dealing with releasing suits/skins users of the mod make online to the community, via ckan/spacedock (to help them with the same issue I just had)

Sure, more documentation is always good!

"DEV" WORK TODAY....

RECREATING: THAT 0.23 (I THINK?) LOVE

Spoiler

nsBTGPL.png

^ I am PIG .... REBORNA GUILTY PLEASURE ADDITION

Real work

4096x4096 pixels @ 96PPI, kerbalHead.pdn, Paint.net Text Labeled, With 42x42 Sizing Grid Layered, As 8 Total Layers, Size 1.19 MB (1,254,650 bytes)

Includes "Male Head NRM" Example Template, as 1 layer, separate file sized 116KB (118,791 bytes):
Remake from @HaArLiNsH's "Texture Replacer Replaced Guide" (with TRR seemingly defunct for 3+ years), New Layered "EASY TO LEARN/USE" design, for EasyBuilder's Layered Component Workshop (100% FOSS & Win/Mac/Linux OS Capable)

I believe I can even support 32Bit KSP v1.4.5 on TR v3.2 users, with pre v1.5 templates if anyone ever "had need" for that.

Note: "REAL" head components will be designed to be "dropped" on a "black", Code: #000000 or rgb(0,0,0), 4096x4096 canvas (I "believe" this to be correct, but unsure)

Grid Layer:

Spoiler

R3A4qGu.png

Text Label Layer:

Spoiler

WaJsmFj.png

Base Skin Layer:

Spoiler

P47CPjS.png

Unused portion of color map template (I'd still design on it as though it worked, in case it even is added):

Spoiler

ZXUoWJM.png

Mouth Layer:

Spoiler

EzLT9Cj.png

Teeth Layer:

Spoiler

QoCRF28.png

Eye Sockets Layer:

Spoiler

saoY343.png

Default Hair Coverage Layer:

Spoiler

Qv2VVY3.png

Completed Template as 8 layers all layers shown together:

Spoiler

k4qCUuv.png

Male Head NRM Example Template as 1 layer, separate file sized 116KB (118,791 bytes):

Spoiler

ZXxLMTj.png

Skill level required to "learn" starting with stuff like this,  "Male Head  Lession 3", after a 2 part "Basics" , ending on a 2 part "Cubemap GalaxyTex Generation" and "Advanced Techniques for Heads & Suits" should start at "Total Beginner" (Thats my plan at least).

Within reason we can start building a library to allow not only "human like" templates, but maybe even "Stock Kerbal Skin Toned" ones

Edited by Guest

I need your thoughts on this.

I'm doing some comparisons from my masters to various formats, for the reason of packaging the template library.

I have ruled out dds as a template (my own non-template releases though, yes), for obvious reasons. BUT png is just too low quality! It really is compared to masters in pdn, tiff or webp. (but so tiny tiny...86kb.. its almost cute, in a  ugly-cute kinda way)

With a 4096x4096 male head "*.PDN master" template as example: (method: made head in paint.net > save as pdn layered > open again > Flatten image > save as renamed pdn > open that pdn image > and "save as X-format, max quality" > repeat the rest 1 by 1)

I'm thinking a 1.2mb pdn (if it was for the library components) & a  1.44mb webp (floppy?:confused:) or 507kb tiff (if it was for "finished components" for users to edit & the DXT'ify themselves) over an 86kb png (& quality drop is very noticeable also).

pdn is basiclly our free to use version of psd (because xfc isnt a real image format) and anyone/thing can basically see/use a tiff, and webp is also free & supported by more everyday.. (and webp isnt noticeably reduced in quality

They are both much higher quality, supports alpha (transparency and translucency)... and when tested them both compared to a  PGN, the results are much better...All saved from the exact same pdn master.

so its like going to make the "DIY" template package slightly larger, but results would be better?

Here is irfanView64's display and information box for each all together:

Spoiler

5Z62n1U.png

WebP (max quality, drop-down as "text") seems good unless I'm missing something (look at the numbers of colors, dpi and bpp)? Its nicer than Tiff/PNG (a bit nicer quality...16.7milion vs 16 /144.5 vs108.4 / 24 vs 4) but at 3x to 20x the file size.

Note: Both can be directly compressed to DXT by tools I'm testing (pdn cant be).

Thoughts anyone?

Edited by Guest

ok after some reading: (mostly white papers on webp, heic, pgn, jxr  and tiff) * I found out how to enable various modes in webp & encode to bpg format

I came across this also: "Note that Unity doesn't use the original format for anything other than the initial import. Whether you have images in WebP format or TGA or PSD or anything else is irrelevant in the build. The only thing it would have any effect on is project size" here

I redid my test, this time more careful and less tired.

Made sure to save this run all max quality settings, saved all as 32bit images (if possible):  GIF not included as its unsuitable

Next to pdn, looks like heic (codex is free if you just DL dev kit...on ms store. its easy, plus it gets patches) & webp produce best results, at their file size ranges, according to irfanview64

Comprssed, HEIC is giving me the "best" 32bit images, WebP the "best" 24bit images .... oddly, for "common" formats, uncompressed tga (& Tiff) seems to give me best results but at 64mb!

Tiff's are only 507.73kb, but thats like 20x the size WebP's 25.73kb

Image note: Its the  4K "kerbalHead Template" remade in Paint.net, from old TRR guide 4096x4096 masters as guide. Info from Irfanview64 

Viewing via: Windows 10 Pro 2020-09-21 current. Paint.net v4.214 w boltbait pack. Irfanview64 v4.54 with 64bit "all plugins pack" (stable), captured with ShareX, upload to Imgur

Universal support: Means Windows (10, current), Mac OS (current), Linux (unsure on kernel inclusion versioning, if any for your distro) have ability to "use/see" format (may need codex, or lib), & that common "raster image editors" can open, edit, save, create as new, export to/from, thumbnail support, etc.

Spoiler

2kxYwvK.png

Here is, 24Bit Max-Q Compare: WebP lossless C (100-Q/Text), PNG lossy C, WebP UN-C (99-Q/Text): WebP Lossless "KILLS" PGN, note the file size & WebP looks better at  "10x10 pixel zoom" in Paint.net

Spoiler

jf2BY3R.png

Maybe pdn (paint.net's psd equivalency, I dislike xfc) & webp lossless, are the "best" quality and file sized format for editing "template masters", just letting user "re-save the pdn" as desired format , if they wish?

• pdn only 125% the file size of webp and quality is unparalleled 
  • if so i have over 5000 various format image files to "carefully" convert, but package file size should be about the same given webp's improved compression (and webp works with full 32bit rgba support) once i add the pdn's
  • or I just forget sizes and use RLE compressed Tiff's & still layered pdn's
  • if I use last point ^, that makes the "color map head template" example 1.7mb in total size in 2 files, thats assuming 50 "skins" & "8 set" heads, total take 99mb alone, plus any "finished" dds files at 11.2mb to 22.4mb each, thats 714mb to 1399mb total)
  • If using pdn + webp instead the 99mb (really 98.78mb) for 2 files of each, like above, becomes 70.21mb, thats 28.7% smaller, but dds files would still take it to 720mb to 1370mb or a 1% to 3% size reduction (and smaller/better than using PNG)

Here is BPG (8-bit, rgb, Compression: 9, Q @ 51 <- thats lossless compressed) in XnView classic (awesome "2nd"/odd format viewer) < encoding this was a pain, but it made a 6021kb jpg (source 98% Q at 4:4:4 compression jpg) into a 65kb file, no loss reported by viewers

• I used an online encoder at make it easy (and to test it) results are good now, i'm limited to 6mb (really 5.89 it seems, uploas tags 0.1mb on somehow), original Q-100 jpg from master is 8552kb (to big for upload, so i assume real encode of OG image would give an 87kb BPG)
  • Finding that Min Q (51),  with -lossless & not Max Q (0), was "lossless compressed" took a few tries
Spoiler

pUrHHUb.png

Last but not least, an AVIF format compare: 88kb supior to tiff/webp as XMP/EXIF metadata support (but we dont need any meta data..."its just metadata" -Obama) is vastly better (but webpmux, fixes webp). everything but paint.net hate this (too new) esp compressors, ...PASS

Spoiler

wWiRc2r.png

* png/bpg lossy with alpha regardless, partial support Transparency/Translucency/Animation 

Basically for the formats "smaller" in file size than master Pdn (1258kb) with losing any quality is: compressed Tiff  (in this example about 508kb). After that we get:

1. AVIF: Requires free dev codec, Lossless/Full Alpha support, Photoshop = yes, Paint.net = yes, File size88kb, maintains EXACT aspects of Pdn that Compressed Tiff does, HATED by DXT compression software tested (I tested A LOT of them!)
  2. PNG: Universal support, Lossy/Partial Alpha Support (but enough), Photoshop = yes, Paint.net = yes, File size86kb, maintains only some aspects of Pdn that Compressed Tiff does, works with ALL DXT compression software tested
  3. BPG: Requires free dev codec, Lossy/Partial Alpha Support (but enough), Photoshop = yes (plugin), Paint.net = iffy (custom bpg "alpha plugin"), File size65kb, maintains only a few more aspects of Pdn that Compressed Tiff does over PNG, HATED by DXT compression software, even IF renamed PNG
    * Assume 87kb would be its "true size" of it at Max Q lossless compressed size (i'm doing math from the OG Q-100 jpg image vs the uploaded Q-97 one, I might test on 4:2:2 compression to see if I can atleast compair 2 Max Q images)
  4. WebP: Near universal support, Lossless/Full Alpha Support, Photoshop = yes, Paint.net = yes, File size26kb, maintains ALL aspects of Pdn that Compressed Tiff does, works with ALL DXT compression software tested

* I used an image converter on a jpg & png a to BNG (jpg won btw), support in my preferred program, Paint.net, is currently "alpha support" on this format, via user made plugin . These BNG results might be TOTAL BUNK (according to what I read my results seem to be only close to whats reported here & here)
if thats true the BPG would be about 26b

Example: WebP Uncompressed: Near universal support, Uncompressed Q-99 as "Text"/Full Alpha Support, Photoshop = yes, Paint.net = yes, File size1508kb, maintains EXACT aspects of Pdn that Compressed Tiff does, works with ALL DXT compression software tested, BUT bigger than tiff by 3x soo..no

Conclusion:

WebP easily offers best file size to quality

* svg is not a raster image format, so its not tested (but here it is vs WebP, and everything else web imagey)

If interested I have A detailed write up on it in my "HumanStuff" (my addon release posts got moved to addon dev, I'm fixing NOW) mod wiki article: You can tell I put it together as its formatting in markdown is batpoop insane looking

02. Basics: "Alpha" & Non DDS Image Formats Best Uses - FORMATS, COLOR DEPTH & ALPHA : A Paint.Net Perspective

Could I get a few opinions? I know PDN is going in, I'm NO-NO'ing PGN from the list (as I'm unhappy with results).

So included, non-dds, "flat" file should be?!?:

Should I go RLE Lossless Compressed Tiff @ 508kb OR Lossless Compressed "Text Setting" WebP @ 26Kb OR Lossless Compressed AVIF @ 88kb?? 

PS: This is a plugin that helps you to use webp in your Unity3d projects in a clear and easy way and works in iOS, Android, Windows, Linux projects.

"unity.webp": What's this?

Spoiler

This project was based in octo-code/webp-unity3d.

I decided that there should be a simpler way and I created unity.webp, a plugin that helps you to use webp in your Unity3d projects in a clear and easy way and works in iOS, Android, Windows, Linux projects.

Watchout

• currently, not support ios-simulator. but it is easy to add if you have a little effort.

The fast track

All you have to do to start using it in your project:

1. Download this .unitypackage from Release Page, extract its content on your Unity3D Project. It contains the dlls that Unity3d will need to access webp.
  2. You’re done!

Example

If you want to try it I've uploaded a small example that you will be able to find in the example folder. Download the folder and open it with Unity3d to give it a try. It contains classes that will help you to start.

UPM

"com.netpyoung.webp": "https://github.com/netpyoung/unity.webp.git?path=unity_project/Assets/unity.webp#0.1.1"

Acknowledgements

This project is based on the work of:

Etc

Demo

animation.webp

LICENCE

webp

• BSD webp

Edited by Guest

Release upcoming, 15 min:

DO NOT DOWNLOAD v1.0.5 on github, its way oversized due to me forgetting to reizip extra textures 

(note I use various compression methods, winzip should be fine to un-zip, 7Zip preferred though for "least chance of file loss")

DOWNLOAD v1.0.5.1 "Tower Clear" (1.0.5 IS NOT on CKAN)

HERE IT IS:  as always delete older files until 1.1 release is "file structure stabilized" 

This version includes:

• Fixed upload, left extras unzipped in v1.0.5
  • Added 1st Famous Face
  • 7zip suggested to unzip "INTERNAL" folders in BigPack 
  • Irfanview (also Xnview or XnConvert) suggested to convert WebP to non-DXT encoded formats 
  • Official support to RP1 mod min requirments and-or active version (currently its KSP v1.7.3)
  • Now With TRI-OS Support (Windows, Mac OS, Linux)

• after release note, never uploaded to spacedock
  • Added more templates
  • updated recovered GSI pack
  • added many more textures

All PNG files are now WebP, far better size and quality

Unofficial support to RP1 mod LAST versions for KSP v1.4.5 and KSP v1.3.1 for BOTH 64bit And 32bit 

32Bit systems:

I have tested KSP on Windows 2000 & XP 32Bit, THE SLOWEST PC I own is an AMD Athlon64 FX-57, at 2800mhz, 4gb ddr2 ram & Radeon HD 2600XT 1GB GPU and it runs KSP! (slightly under 26fps on big craft & 2K RSS texture pack)

• CPU: 2GHz Dual-Core or Threaded CPU, 2Gb ram, DX9C GPU (iGPU is fine), DX9/OpenGL: SM3 512MB VRAM, PIXEL SHADER 3, VERTEX SHADER 3. DX10+: SM4 1GB VRAM, PIXEL SHADER 4, VERTEX SHADER 4

This is the lowest spec I know of that ran KSP (on v0.23.5 in 2012), screen shots recovered: 

KSP v0.24.2, OS: Windows XP SP2 CPU: AMD Sempron 2800+ (1.6 GHz) RAM: 448 MB (512MB - 64MB taken by iGPU) iGPU: SiS M760GX integrated 64MB shared memory

Spoiler

I tried running KSP on a 7 year old laptop of mine. It wasn't thigh end even when bought. I use it mostly on a better PC.

I expected it to fail at loading, or when encountering some 3D scene, but it worked. It isn't great and the graphics are broken, but it is sort of playable. The FPS is mostly good. Perfect in VAB and pretty good in space. The only problems are loading times (loading parts on game start and moving to launch pad) and the broken graphics.

Specs:

Windows XP SP2

AMD Sempron 2800+ (1.6 GHz)

448 MB RAM (512MB - 64MB taken by integrated graphics)

SiS M760GX integrated GPU, 64MB shared memory
I expected memory to be a problem, but apart from the loading times it was OK. Even with NovaPunch installed.

UaISRYm.png

Sn1Ivio.png

Min requirements tested:

• KSP v1.3.1 & v1.4.5: Windows 2000 (*Requires BlackWingCat Extended Kernel AND DirectX 9.0C) & Windows XP SP3 32Bit with TextureReplacer v3.2

Tested on:

• AMD Athlon 64 FX-57 CPU, Radeon HD 2600XT 1GB GPU  & 4GB Ram running Windows 2000 with additions listed, all unused textures "PRUNED" (ask me)

NOTE:

• Please PM me for versions CGF's for KSP older than 1.7.3 & how to Prune readme (Pruning NOT required on 64bit)

SOURCE/DOWNLOAD: GitHub (Current v1.0.5.1)

Edited by Guest

15 hours ago, Aazard said:

(note I use various compression methods, winzip should be fine to un-zip, 7Zip preferred though for "least chance of file loss")

The compression method you changed to in v1.0.5.1 , PPMd, isn't widely supported. It prevents CKAN's NetKAN bot from indexing the newest version, and might also create troubles for other users that don't use 7z.

New inflation error for HumanStuff: https://spacedock.info/mod/2524/HumanStuff/download/v1.0.5.1 is not a valid ZIP file: Error in step EntryHeader for HumanStuff-1.0.5.1/.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE/humanstuff-bug-report.md: Exception during test - 'Compression method not supported'

Can you switch back to the old one? It would allow our bot to index it again.

If you want to reduce the size of the zip, you could try moving the "BigPack" into a separate mod, since it's an optional package and makes up the biggest part of the zip.

Edited by DasSkelett

24 minutes ago, DasSkelett said:

The compression method you changed to in v1.0.5.1 , PPMd, isn't widely supported. It prevents CKAN's NetKAN bot from indexing the newest version, and might also create troubles for other users that don't use 7z.

Can you switch back to the old one? It would allow our bot to index it again.

If you want to reduce the size of the zip, you could try moving the "BigPack" into a separate mod, since it's an optional package and makes up the biggest part of the zip.

I will switch back to zip base encoding, sorry. Will I need to change version number? Give me 1 hour

2 minutes ago, Aazard said:

I will switch back to zip base encoding, sorry. Will I need to change version number? Give me 1 hour

No hurry! You don't have to give it a new version number, but it keeps things tidy and clear, and signals users that might have already stumbled upon this problem that there's now a new, fixed version. Thanks!

3 hours ago, DasSkelett said:

No hurry! You don't have to give it a new version number, but it keeps things tidy and clear, and signals users that might have already stumbled upon this problem that there's now a new, fixed version. Thanks!

Ok I'm re-versioning to "v1.0.5.2", All "new fancy zipped" files unzipped again.

May I please have a link to "best practices packaging for CKAN" or similar doc?

PPMd is out, I assume deflate is  fine (deflate64?) what about Bzip2 or LZMA, also unsupported?

thanks

ps... @DasSkelett

avc only supports 3 digits, major/minor/patch ( live version "x.y.z"?)

Edited by Guest

Release upcoming, 15 min:

DO NOT DOWNLOAD v1.0.5 or v1.0.5.1 on github, issues with zip 

DOWNLOAD v1.0.5.2 "Tower Clear" (1.0.5 IS NOT on CKAN)

HERE IT IS:  as always delete older files until 1.1 release is "file structure stabilized" 

This version includes:

# Change Log # //HumanStuff//

## 1.0.5.2
 - RE-Fixed upload, left extras UNzipped. 
 - Reason: Need to find better zip compression CKAN accepts

• Added 1st Famous Face
  • 7zip suggested to unzip "INTERNAL" folders in BigPack 
  • Irfanview (also Xnview or XnConvert) suggested to convert WebP to non-DXT encoded formats 
  • Official support to RP1 mod min requirments and-or active version (currently its KSP v1.7.3)
  • Now With TRI-OS Support (Windows, Mac OS, Linux)

• after release note, never uploaded to spacedock
  • Added more templates
  • updated recovered GSI pack
  • added many more textures

All PNG files are now WebP, far better size and quality

Unofficial support to RP1 mod LAST versions for KSP v1.4.5 and KSP v1.3.1 for BOTH 64bit And 32bit 

32Bit systems:

I have tested KSP on Windows 2000 & XP 32Bit, THE SLOWEST PC I own is an AMD Athlon64 FX-57, at 2800mhz, 4gb ddr2 ram & Radeon HD 2600XT 1GB GPU and it runs KSP! (slightly under 26fps on big craft & 2K RSS texture pack)

• CPU: 2GHz Dual-Core or Threaded CPU, 2Gb ram, DX9C GPU (iGPU is fine), DX9/OpenGL: SM3 512MB VRAM, PIXEL SHADER 3, VERTEX SHADER 3. DX10+: SM4 1GB VRAM, PIXEL SHADER 4, VERTEX SHADER 4

This is the lowest spec I know of that ran KSP (on v0.23.5 in 2012), screen shots recovered: 

KSP v0.24.2, OS: Windows XP SP2 CPU: AMD Sempron 2800+ (1.6 GHz) RAM: 448 MB (512MB - 64MB taken by iGPU) iGPU: SiS M760GX integrated 64MB shared memory

Reveal hidden contents

Min requirements tested:

• KSP v1.3.1 & v1.4.5: Windows 2000 (*Requires BlackWingCat Extended Kernel AND DirectX 9.0C) & Windows XP SP3 32Bit with TextureReplacer v3.2

Tested on:

• AMD Athlon 64 FX-57 CPU, Radeon HD 2600XT 1GB GPU  & 4GB Ram running Windows 2000 with additions listed, all unused textures "PRUNED" (ask me)

NOTE:

• Please PM me for versions CFG's for KSP older than 1.7.3 & how to Prune readme (Pruning NOT required on 64bit)

SOURCE/DOWNLOAD: GitHub (Current v1.0.5.2)

Edited by Guest

@DasSkelett & @HebaruSan

Ok can you confirm the upload for ckan is good.

I see it on spacedock, not on ckan yet

May I please have a link to "best practices packaging for CKAN" or similar doc?

PPMd is out, I assume deflate is  fine (deflate64?) what about Bzip2 or LZMA, also unsupported?

thanks

PS... man who got canned in 2016 that so many guru's just stop dead in march to june 2016?

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.