HumanStuff - Add-on Development Thread

Sneak peak of whats waiting:

Ok this is my latest. 85% of what I have

ZC5kVai.png

Anything KSP/Squad "legal" related has ONLY been converted to DDS (trying to save users ram).

• PS: scientist & intern suit needs retouch with larger NASA & JPL patch, too hard to notice it in VAB/SPH (& we are in VAB/SPH more than in "strategies building/etc, so if image looks "a bit big" in that scene...there are reasons)
  • The scientist, intern, groundcrew etc...might be leveled with building, like kerbals level up start (not sure) I am pretty sure that, like kerbals, they will use a "ONE custom" default suit for all levels...guess we will see.
  • If some of these dont work I had to translate from Chinese characters, guess, and use "common sense + the TR logs". That and some trial...why is a "Scientist" called a "Doctor" < I so thought that was a translation issue....?
Edited by Guest

ok so you can see above whats in there. Plus whats NOT: NOLMALS/EMISIVES for everything, full future & vintage suit sets with their jetpacks and emisives. The standard jetpack, cargo pack, backpack, canpoy, ALL staff parts

PLUS it had copies of the squad logo/legal screens in png (I made them dds, 1000000% unmodified!, to save abit of ram, same on stock loading screens)

everything is working but: (I needed to resize a few to divisible by 4 height/width)

• gene kerman still. BUT I got him 100% albino/blank, all his stuff show up on any non-mission control scene, custimized.
  • everyone NOT using gene kermans head has the right head (scientists and ground grew use gene's head sadly)
  • I cant get the EVA icons OR "building" scene backgrounds, like mission control to appear customized. Likely a naming issue
  • I have not tested monolith, navball, tv test, static, vintage or future suits or jet packs and a few other items.
Edited by Guest

While space dock is down I pushed a big "measure twice pass", to textures etc:

HumanStuff v1.2.4 waiting on space dock maintenance for CKAN release

I did a major double check to all textures etc after the skybox was discovered, found a few dxt1's hiding and some blue/red/yellow or orange normal maps (as dds all normal maps are "grey")

made skybox default a "Power of 2" (POT) texture @ 8192x8192 (8k) to stop log spam ...it was that or 4K soo 8K is good :) 

Honestly the number of textures found with "other language" searx search engine quires (compaired to english) yielded more of the files I was looking for and, checking, renaming, resizing, touching up and DXT compressing "got away from me"... I had too much to test 1 by 1 (so I thought).

SO if you are going over 1000+ files...use extreme care....finding and fixing errors is a bigger time hole than "using care" (and its always lost time 100%, unlike using "care") 

in the future sides must stay power of 2 or....2x2 = 4, 4x2= 8, 8x2= 16, 16x2= 32, 32x2= 64, 64x2= 128, 128x2=256, 256x2= 512, 512x2= 1024 (1K), 1024x2= 2048 (2K), 2048x2048= 4096 (4K)....so on so on

• in light of this: packs (based on skybox "size"): 
  1. 512x512 This Min Spec, aimed at "=/>2gb" ram/iGPU pc's & 32bit users, that need "to get ram back"
  2. 1024x1024 This is aimed office PC/Laptop PC (PC's that use an iGPU)
  3. 2048x2048 This is aimed at "Esports" PC's (Current CPU's like Pentium Gold/i3 & AM4 Athlons with "decent" iGPU's)
  4.  4096x4096 This is the same size as "Stock" KSP. This is a "base line" install (attempt to keep ram use as close to "normal" compared to base TR install with TR heads, using a TR custom suit "pack" & skybox)
  5. 8192x8192 (High or 2x "Stock" as Default). This 2x (twice) the size of "Stock" KSP. Considered the standard for most "modern" PC's with a dedicated video card (GPU) & 4Gb, or more, ram
  6. And finally 16380x 16380 (Very high)..... unless my pc stops crashing at 16384 lol...This 4x (FOUR times) the size of "Stock" KSP. Considered the "max" for most "Unity Games", like KSP, Aimed "Gaming PC's" (Quad+ Core, 4gb+ GPU & 8Gb, or more, ram)
Edited by Guest

1st NOTE:

monolith contains a squad logo, we will NOT be changing it in light of:

"THE" RULES:

..[

5. Forbidden code

Your plugin may not:

• Edit, delete, or create files outside of the KSP installation folder and the operating system temporary storage locations, unless optional to the user;
  • Introduce anything in the game meant for profit. This includes ads and donation buttons; or
  • Remove or modify Squad logo's or copyright notices. <<< ding ding ding

..]

So no monolith image alteration in anyway, doing so could violate terms. Making it dds is likely a "forgivable" offence, as LONG AS NO ONE FLIPPING SCREWS WITH IT, serious... mess with it and I'll remove it and you can lose 0.5mb of ram you could have saved.

This goes for anything that would be under these terms. so no touching the squad or legal screens, they will be there as dds ONLY as a kindness to low ram users. Lets not spoil that

Zero tolerance, I doubt squad would be kinder about it.

2nd Note:

I am having issues with the "human skin toned" icons for EVA in map & "world" view. Also in the astronaut complex.

I'm working on it....

so the asian file named images....:

I started playing with file names...

They is:

• 1 ground crew, "doctor", "intern" & Hazmat staff.... I believe......
  • maybe 5 of each mechanic (if i change suit colouts red blur green white and black, with 01 or 02 etc I get upto 5 guys each in different colored outfits...need to test more) 
  • Mechanics, ground crew, "doctors" have a "in hands prop" (marshal wands, "doctor" clipboard, them mechanics have: hammer, drill, wood, cross-wrench and maybe others???)... but I CAN NOT find the name of ground crew tool 
  • There are also 2 "mechanics" hats, but it looks like they share a normalmap? they are classic "hard hats"
  • I think I have some "ground crew" stuff ...they are "marshals" and one file in Chinese says "msl_main_head" so maybe thats it?

I can not get the backdrops to change either, the ones "inside" the astronaut complex etc... I'm abit lost here?

GENE KERMAN... I'm 99% sure this is a bad application of the 2D Texture to the 3D mesh, or The texture is just never "seen"... the "back of my mind" trouble this gives me when I'm falling asleep lol

new default, as mentioned above:

skybox : suit/big prop (like RCS pack, canpoy): head/small prop (like staff "props", "hats"): EnvMaps : icons big / small = 8192x8192 : 4096x4096 : 2048x2048 : 1024x1024 : 256x256 / 128x128

backdrops @ 2560x1440, big"windowed" backdrops 2048x2048, small "windowed" backdrops 1024x1024

Edited by Guest

icons are frustrating me, I'm awaiting a reply from @shaw if its even possible...so backburner that for now...

• Teeth & tongues:

neat, moving camera inside the kerbal head (no magic, you can do it too, just find right angle on eva and zoom in), seems "tongue" is also "gums", and oddly "lips" areas ARE wrapped in the color map, so lips are doable.

• Eyes:

I found some pupils, I'm seeing what I can do for "black dot pupil in a colored iris"... not sure, fresh idea for me, but they DO move around with eye animation...so good

• Normals...:

AND what is with everyone and blue, "sepia", yellow/gold and red normal maps? I understand the png use of these colors, but why are they present in dds file type only packs, all should be "grey" when dds right (or they "shine through")?

I need to blend the edges on normals for a few things as dds. Suits are ok once you hit 8192x8192 (no issue) BUT 4K and under as DXT1a to DXT5-BC3 they "have noticeable transitions" ...this needs to be solved, for my pack, & for the community at large.

Note this doesnt happen with "unity converted & mipmiped" PGN's: I believe that if we mipmap the normal, it will solve this (but may "blur" the "curves")

If not I will save them in 16-bit grayscale, which provides 2^16 (2 to the 16 power) or 65,536 levels of "shades of grey" (called "luminance") and see if that "cleans it up"

NOTE THIS IMAGE: It mentions DXT5nm, I see no reason for this, DXT5-BC3 as "shades of grey" produce "finer" images

plus there is no need to shift color to "grey" a second time (as DXT5Mn will be gold/yellow). Comparing both gives me 192 "shades" vs 10814 "shades" at same image file size....

C6MSXNI.png

Sadly I dont 50% understand "alpha"... i'm going to try Awesome Bump, xNormal and materialize to learn...

paint.net/kirita arnt giving me enough of a "view" to do anything past minor edits & color table adjustments.

I cant even "tell" what this guy made on some (so much alpha I'm "blind" in editors)

• Staff:

Complete as far as I can tell...so it may be missing bits, its as complete as the pack I found until I can trial and error more file names with a pink color  template (makes it easy to spot, IF it shows up)

• "back" accessories:

I have "stock colored" remakes of all the RCS packs, the "parachute" backpack and the "cargo pack"

• Canopy:

I have what looks like a stock color remake and the one in "custom suit examples"

the logos, monolith and some "icons" (eva kerbals, navball stuff) are present, but I know some is a no-no, others I'm asking ppl that know if any are "no-no's"

unity manual on formats and KSP seem to have different support on DXT formats... ksp seems to use DXT1-BC1 and DXT5-BC3 "exclusively" 

Edited by Guest

Ok lets all be honest, I knew like 5% of what I do now 3 weeks ago, and I now understand maybe 50% of what a real modder does...

Seems Unity and KSP (or TR) 100% have different implementation of support on DXT formats. 

if you see the manual, BC6h and BC7 are listed, as are DX10 header support...ksp (or TR) isnt liking that...it just "doesnt see the file for use"

the other 64kb and other uncompressed formats too...notta

DXT5-BC3 no DX10 header is "MAX" in my tests

SO EVERYTHING BELOW "COULD" BE TRUE, OR THE RAVINGS OF A BROKEN MIND, AKA "I AM NOT AN EXPERT, DOUBLE CHECK ALL INFO WITH OTHER SOURCES"

for best results: well for me, in my tests... TL;DR: USE 16BIT IMAGE FILES, NOT 8BIT

• ZERO: If your "master" is a png, REMAKE IT, its already ruined IMHO (IF YOU NEED SMALL STORAGE SIZE "KRA", "PDN" OR "WebP" are ideal, if you "need" png use the paint "optimized png" plugin)
  1. image to kirita image file type << sorry for pink, but Kirita IS SOO POWERFUL, it lacks a few "doo-dads" that paint.net has "out of the box", but now that I'm using it...wow, 16bit EXR images are nice!)
  2. scale (avoid!, REMAKE A NEW 16k, but still 8bit, ONE, DONT BE LAZY), use lanzcos filter, to 16384x16384. If you DO scale it, MAKE SURE YOU SPEND 1 MINUTE & CLEAN "MOST OF" THE ARTIFACTS! (THERE ARE PLUGINS THAT DO 98% OF IT)
  3. work on image, if needed save to:
  4. uncompressed tiff, ONLY if u need to export to paint.neteither for final touch-ups or for smaller textures, direct DXT encoding
  5. convert 8bit to 16bit (FROM NOW ON PAINT.NET CANT OPEN/SEE IT, UNTIL ITS ENCODED BACK TO 8BIT, AS THE DDS)
  6. Save as EXR if over 4K,.... if 4K or under save as RLE compressed TIFF
  7. ** NOTE: this was your last chance to "sharpen" the image & ensure its 16bit, encoding seems to by default, slightly "smooth" & "deepen tone", on the image 
  8. Save 2nd copy "vertically mirrored" (THIS IS A DIRECT ENCODE & BACKUP COPY)
  9. NOW SAVE A 3rd COPY as "LOSSLESS", SET AS "TEXT", WebP (REDUNDANT BACKUP/SMALL FILE SIZE)
  10. If its a "normal" MAKE SURE to convert to 16-bit GREY-SCALE (NOT B&W), BEFORE YOU ENCODE, which provides 2^16 (2 to the 16 power) or 65,536 levels of "shades of grey" (called "luminance"), vs the normal "2 to 256", and see if that "cleans it up" your suits in game
  11. Avoid NPOT (not power of two) sizes, KSP/TR will use them, but it causes log spam, and I bet its "less than optimal". aka no "inbetween sizes" once you hit 1K and up. even under 1K, you just get more "less drastic" size change options
  12. IF you somehow have a "not grey" normal, dont panic, open it and swap it to "grey-scale" at the highest "levels of" option, & resave...fixed
  13. once its "dds" only open in paint.net...Kirita doesnt like dds oddly (but EXR and 16bit is fine....:confused: )

This is a "master image", scale this down using lanzcos filter if need be, 

• Nvidia tool can see "any format" you will be using (EXR/TIFF/TGA YES, BUT ONLY "COMPRESSED" VERSIONS, any type of WebP)
  • DDS Converter can see png, jpg and Tiff (NOT SURE ON TGA, I DONT USE IT OFTEN, too "old" for WebP, but I opened a feature request for WebP)
  • IF YOU ARE GOIN TO "SHOW IT OFF" USE NVIDIA TOOL, CPU ONLY MODE (yes cpu only) AND "HIGHEST" THE ONE BETTER THAN "PRODUCTION", CORRECT THE GAMMA, DO NOT WRAP OUTPUT RANGE, PRE-MULTIPLEX THE ALPHA IF ITS NOT TRANSPARENCY
  • only pre export alpha on layered images (not that it hurts, but y process it?)
  • dxt1...these days I see no need for it (minus equal to/less than 4gb ram and/or iGPU users
  • EXAMPLE: At 8k 1 of the 6 skybox images takes 2 min 36 sec, on a AM4 Ryzrn 5 3600XT @ 4.4ghz, make sure you have atleast 8Gb ram (a 8K 16bit image is over 6gb's in memory, when encoding,...by itself, 512MB JUST IN FILE SIZE
Spoiler

8tXRGMM.png

8DQSO0N.png

THATS 1024MB PER 16k IMAGE AS EXR, AND 170.6MB AS DXT5-BC3 PER IMAGE (TOO BIG FOR "DESKTOP GITHUB", BUT I'M SCARED OF THE LARGE FILE UTILITY) AT 8k DXT5-BC3 IMAGES ARE 85.3MB EACH, SO GITHUB IS FINE WITH THAT

• gpu it takes like 4 sec, but results are not as "clean" (they look "pre-smoothed" if gpu is used)
  • SO: CUDA MODE = OFF ALWAYS BUT FOR "FAST" TESTING

Always use a Kaiser window filter for mipmap generation in KSP its better than BOX and triangle is basically "box or point++" and i think it confuses KSP

regaurdless of what you hear..mipmap everything, 3 is enough in /2 > /2 > /2 (4K main > mip 2K > mip 1k > mip 0.5K {512x512}) and just warn ppl "SET TO FULL RES" in menu settings of KSP

• UNLESS YOU SET TR BY "CFG" NOT TOO, it (and stock KSP) will mipmap all images. Supply it them, save it the work (PS 13 levels of mipmaps "feels wrong", how far you reading that text from? 3 levels @ main/2, /2, /2 "feels right")

DO NOT use the AMD GUI tool, its "dds codec" is mismatched to unity (Its "DDS" vs the OpenGL/DirectX's "dds", but it does "krx extension"...that we dont need), command line can change that, but...why bother making it complicated?

• "DDS" may represent DirextX 10 (or higher) header use, unsure. I'd avoid it, GPU encoding blows anyways (for quality, its speed is 100x faster), so the nvidia tool might complain it doesnt see CUDA for AMD GPU users, but no issue, it will still be your "best production encoder"

use dds converter for "simple" or bulk tasks, its really very potent for what it is, if you have 200 heads flipped, image optimized and needing encoding this is your friend..it can even mipmap! Not ideal for "show pieces", but @ 2K size its fine for use in "distribution" of "small textures"

• match your normals in size to your color map, it will multiply the quality you get out. A normal should be as nice as possible...it is the "canvas"

Paint.net can do mid level mipmap generation, good upto 2k or 4k ish, ideal after edit for DXT5-BC5 color or Normals...I havent got to emmsives/height/specular stuff yet

and the nvidia tool for "production level tasks" (gui is good) all the way to 16K, its a serious encoder, results are better than paint.net or dds converter

Command line MS texcon is honestly the best results (gui lacks options)..but again unless you doing something nutty, and looks like thats not needed for KSP, then why command line (it freaks the new users out too)

PS: Nvidia or AMD... use "production" drivers, not "gaming ones"... the encoding time is slightly better

I have the TRR guide, that I am now re-writing for TR... The 1st page is a list of every texture & normal I have found, broken into a "makes sense like ("your" kerbals, "Main" Staff, "VAB/SPH" staff, backdrops, Navball.. etc.. etc), once I have the full list I will make "stock sized" copies of all the "stock looking remakes" and that will be part of the base of the "EasyBuilder Library". A ready to edit library of all the textures, listed with "short simple" directions on use..finally...then if i'm hit by a meteor or abducted by aliens...my work continues

Past TR all the others are lacking large user bases, but Kerbal Konstructs/advanced texture tool, but thats "complex".

You past that I dont think you can do anything inside TOS/EULA

PS: I'm experiment with "deleting alpha channel" on 16K images "that dont use it" to see if I can shrink their size under 100mb, the quality over DXT1 is noticeable to my "broken 40 year old eyes" so some 18 year old user will see it "right away".

• UNLESS SOME WILL TEACH MY GITHUB! JUST A FEW DETAILS, LIKE "LARGE FILE TRANSFER"! PLEASE TEACH ME! I LEARN FAIRLY FAST!
  • ALSO "OPTIONAL" PACKS ATTACHED TO MY RELEASE... ITS TOO BIG! I NEED THE "BIG PACK," aka the TEMPLATE LIBRARY, AS AN OPTIONAL BEFORE @HebaruSan THROTTLES MY MOD DOWNLOAD IN "RETRIBUTION" (or is it "reciprocity"?)
  • this would also "slow" release cycle, I change so much every day I feel the need to release (but the default folder is 90% solid now)
  • HumanStuff "visual pack" (not template library) would be about 275 dds files (6 @ 8K / 100+ @ 4K / 100+ @ 2k, 6 @ 1K, a handful other sized... about 1.25GB) , 4 to 6 cgf's, 2 dll's & about 50 1920x1080 various "load screens" (these are the only DXT1 files) << this would be the base install

A math note: on total package size, &), of each "Resolution Pack" & the Template Library

• If I have this down...the "8K pack" is 1.25gb, the "16K pack" would be 2.5gb (or 2x)....so the "4K pack" would be about 650mb > the 2k = 325mb > the 1K = 162.5mb & > 512x512 pack = 81.25mb
  • Template library: As 16K masters Kirita or Paint.net format (in 8bit, 16 is too big, convert yourself) "still layered" copies for "main masters" (maybe 50 to 100?) and WebP copies (about 300), "flat", at stock size, I estimate another..1.25gb?

Then VisualStudio2019, @linuxgurugamer sent me a tutorial, but I feel this will be the hardest to master. SHAME! I only need to figure out this build/deploy "AlI-In-One" folder "HumanStuff" with the 2 dll's..I'm like 80% there... itd this "LoadingScreenManager" setup, I need to get it inside my own mod and alter it to show all "legal/etc" screens then mine. Coding is...a special creature... and its odd.

• the "Build" & "Deploy" bat files...easy... they grab files from my test install gamedata folder
  • the "jenkins" looks to preform additional actions < confusing and not at same time
  • after that I'm build mod as I do now, except the dll's. Right now I made the dll and backed up the project/dll as "source", but how to edit this other? how to add the "DDS loader code" by @sarbian thats in the 1st one that lets the image be dds (not png or jpg?)?
  • I know I'm asking the dll to do some actions, I can even read the action and almost understand, I can edit the "common sense" entries....I can not get past this point, I dont understand "what" is being "called on" or "how" it does it, but I can replicate it with edits
  • AND MOVE IT ALL TO MY PLUGINS & PLUGIN DATA FOLDER...Y MAKE IT HARD MS...Y?...
  • damn you VS2019, same to you C#.... (MS:ph34r:_...:
Spoiler

ballmergif.gif

Edited by Guest

Ok so testing the flags (in order of what I feel is immersive) I found they were all AMD tool made, so no good.

I have done a pass to all, DXT5-BC3, and double checked the file names for any of my "temp naming conventions" all are good.

Minor "release push" today, v1.2.5,  soon

THEN:

Next icons, then its a pass to the template library :/, thats going to SUCK, its over 1000 files TO:

1. Make sure all have orientation "right side up" (need to sort :( )
  2. Make sure all are size to "stock equivalent" at POT sizes (vital!)
  3. Make sure to scrub metadata.
  4. Make them all, but 16K masters, 32bit lossless WebP's, (steps 1, 2 , 3, & 4 are single "run/pass")
  5. THEN take all 2000+ for an optimize pass for size in XnConvert with ROIT plugin

Lucky all steps are 2 "runs/passes" inside XnConvert, or maybe 1 &  1 "run/pass" in RIOT, stand-alone

But this should knock 500mb off pack until I learn how too make optional attachments..i hope, thats Library: 1100 images @ 1mb avg or about 1.1GB... for HumanStuff pack 200 images, avg size 55mb, thats 1.2GB... combined, thats maybe 2.3GB total, both parts

• I'm considering hitting all normals down to RGBA Crunched DXT5 from BC3, still better than DXT1 but  might get file to 75% size. At 8K: 85.3mb down to 63.9mb, basically giving "free mipmapping" and saving 0.1mb (compared to DXT5 BC3 not mipmapped)
  • I'm considering testing normals not mipmapped also, to see if it even helps a normal, this could save another 25% file size! (At 8K: 63.9mb down to 56.2mb, over-all a saving of 21.9mb!)

LIVE: GitHub / SpaceDock

Edited by Guest

I am considering trying "DDS Converter" to strip alpha off the images that "dont use alpha" (like 99% of the color maps/normals) but still as DXT5 BC3, this should cut file size in half with no quality loss IF IT WORKS (as they have real alpha anyways).

But I'm wary... we will see

EDIT:

no go, does nothing

Kerbal heads are 2K in the default pack, THEY ARE 98% OF THE TIME "IN MAIN RENDER ZONE" (unless your looking at a "distant" fellow kerbal)...so I may take to either:

24BIT HEADS CONSISTING OF 16 (THATS 24BIT 4BPP) "SHADES/COLORS" MIGHT BE OK AS "CRUNCHED", NON-MIPMAPPED, DXT1 FILES @ 2K, SAME FOR GREYSCALE NORMALS (BUT 16 SHADES OF GREY/COLOR IS MANDATORY MINIMUM, IF SO)

• non-mapmaped DXT5 Crunched, this will save about 50% file size (2.66mb to 1.33mb)
  • mapmaped DXT1 Crunched, this will save (compared to current pack) 25% more% file size at about 0.665mb (682kb)
  • non-mapmaped DXT1 Crunched, this will save (compared to current pack) 25% MORE AGAIN file size at about 0.5mb (512kb)

so 2 extremes lest sat 50 heads x 2.66mb vs 50 heads x 0.5mb.... thats 133mb vs 25mb (the "smallest" is about 19% the size of the "biggest")... QUALITY IS ALWAYS "THE MAIN" CONCERN

RGBA "CRUNCHED" DXT1 ON IMAGES UNDER 4K (MIPMAPPED & NOT) COULD SAVE A TON OF FILE SIZE  SAME FOR DXT5 "CRUNCHED" WITHOUT MIPMAPS ON NORMALS 8K & UNDER...MUST TEST.

EDIT:

BC1 & BC3 "LINEAR" ARE DX MODE 11_1 (DIRECTX11) ENHANCED CRUNCH ENCODED ALREADY IT SEEMS (NO SMALLER, A 2K: BC1 NO MIPMAPS @ 1MB IS "IT, THE SMALLEST")..DXT1 & DXT5 "LINEAR" IS "NOT CRUNCHED" DX MODE 9_3 (DIRECTX 9.0C IN HUMAN TERMS)

so WHY NO BC7 "LINEAR" SUPPORT?

Edited by Guest

My personal ranking in terms of output quality:

• Crunch (download can be found here in the "bin" folder) CMD tool only, but fast and the quality is SECOND TO NONE...BUT MS TOOL IS LIKE 16 MONTH AHEAD/MORE UPDATED!..IF THE SETTINGS ARE "RIGHT"..GUI'S TEND TO HAVE "PREVIEW BEFORE VS AFTER" WINDOWS....
Spoiler

bzJ8hAo.png

tied with 

• Nvidia Texture Tools "stand alone GUI" (NVTT, download from Nvidia site) best for a GUI < I suggest you use this, its "easy", well documented, and even has video tutorials. (OpenGL IS THAT IT RUNS IN, NOT ENCODES TO, IT DOES DX)

Spoiler

5ALOP1Y.pngFxlA4qc.png

• Compressonator (download from amd gpu open) < looks good, but images dont work... AVOID
    Spoiler

jjZa4kH.png

• Nvidia Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop (https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop) :mad: boo money-shop

Tied with

Paint.Net (https://www.getpaint.net/) :wub:WOOT

Spoiler

4blCmeF.pngw24Lqlr.png

• MS DirectX Texconv CMD (&GUI) (download from "releases") GUI is BLAH in tests, BUT FOR "SIMPLE" (NOT MIPMAPPED) DXT1/5 ITS DECENT, but CMD, better, ALOT! CMD TOOL BEATS EVERYTHING UNDER THIS POINT, PLUS MS "OWNS" .dds SO THIS IS ALWAYS THE "MOST UP TO DATE" TOOL

Just download texconv from https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/releases

Stick it in the root of the directory you're going to be running it from, or if you intend to use it a lot stick it in windows\system32.
The file-name parameter indicates the file(s) to convert using dds, tga, hdr, ppm, pfm, or a WIC-supported format (bmp, jpg, png, jxr, etc.).

*Support for OpenEXR (EXR) can be added to the texconv utility. Uncomment #define USE_OPENEXR in the source, and add the DirectXTex auxiliary module to the project. See Adding OpenEXR for more details including building the OpenEXR library. This adds exr as an option for -ft.

AS COMMAND FOR "BC3_UNORM: Img_2_BC3.bat", YOU CAN MAKE IN NOTEPAD++ (or even ms-notepad), JUST COPY/PAST BELOW & SAVE AS A ".bat", ADD AS CONTEXT SHORTCUT TO "cmder" AND RUN FRON A MOUSE CLICK, I HAVE 16 "FAST CMD'S" (MIPMAP & NOT: BC7, BC6H_SF16, BC6H_UF16, BC1, BC3, A8, L8, ALL "NON-sRGB")

** This will go through the current directory, & all its subdirectories,  Makes a backup (preserving the folder structure, to a set location, as it overwrites the existing files), encoding all *.exr & *.tiff files into the BC3 format (adding 4 levels of mipmaps), Occlusion is encoded to alpha. Can also use for *"name".ext , *_s.ext or *"_name".ext
see here.for batch sripting how too

FOR BC3: PLUS USE THE "DXGI_FORMAT" name minus the "DXGI_FORMAT" part, see here, so change BC3_UNORM to BC7_UNORM for BC7, BC6H_SF16 (HDR), BC6H_UF16 (non-HDR) , BC1_UNORM for DXT1, BC1 and BC3 have "UNORM_SRGB" also for sRGB (without its "Linear")
Run it from where you will do conversion,

THIS IS THE COMMAND
 * Direct3D can only create BC resources where the top-level width & height are multiples of 4, -fixbc4x4 ensures this, 
FLAGS, THE MOST IMPORTANT: -pow2: Fits each texture to a power-of-2 for width & height, minimizing changes to the aspect ratio. The maximum size for a dimension is based on the -fl switch (defaults to 16384x16384).
-bc flags: Sets options for BC compression. The flags is a combination of one or more of the following: u: to use uniform weighting rather than perceptual (BC1-BC3) d: use dithering (BC1-BC3) q: Uses minimal compression (BC7: uses just mode 6) x: Uses maximum compression (BC7: enables mode 0 & 2 usage)
-tonemap: Applies tonemap operator based on maximum luminosity to ensure HDR image data is adjusted to an LDR range, -xlum: DDS files with L8, A8L8, or L16 formats are expanded to 8:8:8:8 or 16:16:16:16. Without this flag, they are converted to 1-channel (red) or 2-channel (red/green) formats.
-wiclossless: Enable lossless encoding when encoding WIC images. Applies to jpg, tiff, and jxr,
 sepalpha: Separates alpha channel for resize/mipmap generation. This implies an alpha mode setting of DDS_ALPHA_MODE_CUSTOM as this is typically only used if the alpha channel doesn't contain transparency information.

& FINALLY: -pmalpha: Converts the final texture data to use premultiplied alpha. This sets an alpha mode of DDS_ALPHA_MODE_PREMULTIPLIED unless the entire alpha channel is fully opaque. -alpha: Converts a premultiplied alpha image to non-premultiplied alpha (a.k.a. straight alpha).
nogop= VERY SLOW MODE
(BUT BEST QUALITY), -vflip = Perform VERTICAL flip of image (IF NEEDED), nologo = Suppress copyright message. -wicq number: Provides an image quality setting to use when encoding WIC images ranging from 0.0 to 1.0. Applies to jpg, tiff, and jxr.

MIPMAPS: Why to 1 to 16, avg 4 "levels"?.. the "smallest" mipmap allowed is 4x4, each "level" of mipmap is "half (/2 @ POT) level over it (main image is "level 0") so each 1024x1024, could have MAX, 8 levels of mipmaps (@ 16K 128 levels, theoretical). IMHO, 512x512 is as "small" as you need, 1 @ 1K , 2 @ 2K, 4 @ 4K, 8 @ 8K & 16 @ 16K

@echo off

xcopy *.exr C:/backups/Img_2_BC3_Temp /s

xcopy *.exr C:/backups/Img_2_BC3_Temp /s

for /r %a in (*.ext) do texconv -f BC3_UNORM -m 4 -wicq 1.0 -wiclossless -nologo -o -nogpu "%~dpa." -y "%a"

for /r %a in (*.tiff) do texconv -f BC3_UNORM -m 4 -wicq 1.0 -wiclossless -nologo -o -nogpu "%~dpa." -y "%a"

pause

Test with

@echo off

texdiag info *.dds /s

texdiag info C:\backups\Img_2_BC3_Temp\*.exr /s

texdiag info C:\backups\Img_2_BC3_Temp\*.tiff /s

pause

YOU CAN ALSO UNCOMPRESS .dds BACK TO tiff or exr 

Spoiler

8Klamu4.pngynmo0Cv.png

Tied with

• DDS Converter 2: An improved version of DDS Converter, its very good/fast... its also a bulk tool > AS A GUI BETTER THAN ABOVE MS TOOL
Spoiler

8698-1190665506.jpg8698-1190665524.jpg

• ISPC Texture Compressor / Intel Texture Works Plugin for Photoshop (https://github.com/GameTechDev/ISPCTextureCompressor / https://github.com/GameTechDev/Intel-Texture-Works-Plugin) NO PHOTOSHOP, SEE #3 FOR WHY. ISPC IS GOOD!!

Spoiler

bzefwR1.png< INTEL / ISPC > screenshot.png?raw=true

• GIMP with DDS plug-in (https://www.gimp.org/ and https://code.google.com/archive/p/gimp-dds/downloads)  :mad: boo xfc default!

Spoiler

gimp-2.10_23_12_2019_16_45_47_154.png

Tied with

Spoiler

dds_converter1.3.JPG

• Converseen GUI:....not the best but its GUI based & fast on bulk. It also supports: PSD, TGA, PNG, PDF, SVG, EPS, EXR, GIF, DPX, TIFF, AI, ICO, RAS, and more

Spoiler

converseen_jpg_to_dds_2019-12-24_15_35_1

Edited by Guest

OK I GOT MY HEAD AROUND: (TO A LEVEL I FEEL I CAN "MOVE ON")

• RASTER IMAGE FORMATS
  • IMAGE EDITORS & OPTIMIZERS
  • DXT ENCODING FOR DX9 TO DX12, OpebGL ES1 TO ES3 & even Vulkan. 
  • DXT ENCODING SOFTWARE
  •  AND "BITS" VS "BITS PER"
  • 24BIT VS 32BIT,  ALPHA STILL IS "ODD"
  • 8BPP VS 16BPP
  • NORMAL MAP "FORMATING" (not "fresh bakes" though)

UMMM  I hope this is being logged "off forum"... I NEED TO MASSIVELY RE-WRITE THE GITHUB HUMANSTUFF WIKI

ok so next to learn:

1. GitHub, I need to get this down, I'm not clueless, but I know I'm missing SUPER USEFUL stuff...LIKE OPTIONAL ATTACHMENTS!
  2. MS Visual Studio 2019... why :( ...but I need to finish that dll, but thats more "icing on the cake" than needed (aka its a "want") 
Edited by Guest

OK

RELEASE v1.3.1 Insertion Burn, NOW 337MB from 1.4GB

# Change Log # //HumanStuff//

## 1.3.1
- BigPack "texture library" removed from main pack. Still working out what to do  
## 1.2.5
- Fix pass to all flags, all correct DXT5-BC3 now

Saved 1.2GB moving texture library for "Easy Builder Workshop"

I need to make it a optional, for now I have it out of main pack.

It still exists and is worked on. Give me 48 hours to figure it out

Edited by Guest

SHAMELESS PLUG:

I HAVE THESE, STANDARD, VINTAGE & FUTURISTIC, ALL IN 640X480 TO 2560X1440 OPTIMIZED SIZES, AS ANIMATED WEBP'S

Human-Stuff-Standard-Suit-Animated-480.w

Edited by Guest

OH poop ....this was work:

iMPus98.png

TexConv_IMG_2_BC3_UNORM_MIPMAPED.bat

ECHO OFF
Setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

::Variables
SET @FORMAT=BC3_UNORM
SET @InputFolder=%~dp0Input_IMG_TO_BC3\
SET @OutputFolder=%~dp0Output_DXT5_BC3\
SET @TEXCONVEXE=%~dp0texconv.exe
SET @TEXCONVEXE02=%~dp0texconv.exe
:: Check for texconv.exe
IF EXIST "%@TEXCONVEXE%" SET @TEXCONVEXE=1
IF "%@TEXCONVEXE%"=="1" GOTO EXESTATE_1

:EXESTATE_0
TITLE - ERROR! texconv.exe not found!!!
COLOR 04
ECHO: && ECHO: && ECHO:
ECHO                 === ERROR! texconv.exe not found!===
ECHO:
ECHO     Install Path: "%~dp0texconv.exe"
ECHO:
ECHO    The script needs texconv.exe in order to work properly.
ECHO:
ECHO    Please make sure texconv.exe is in: "%~dp0"

ECHO: && ECHO:

GOTO CONT01

:EXESTATE_1
TITLE - Texconv.exe found!!!
COLOR 0A

ECHO: && ECHO: && ECHO:
ECHO                 [ texconv.exe Is Installed! ]
ECHO:
ECHO     "%~dp0texconv.exe"
ECHO:
GOTO CONT00
:CONT01
ECHO: && ECHO:
ECHO        Please copy/move the missing texconv.exe executable to where the script needs it to be and refresh this window.
ECHO:
:CONT00
IF "%@TEXCONVEXE%"=="1" GOTO START
ECHO: && ECHO: && ECHO     [Press any key to refresh the window] && PAUSE>NUL
GOTO SetTexConvPath

:START

:: Customize CMD Window
TITLE HumanStuff TexConv Batch Directory Script v1.0.2
PROMPT $G
COLOR 04
CLS

:: Make The Folders
IF NOT EXIST "%@InputFolder%" MKDIR "%@InputFolder%"
IF NOT EXIST "%@OutputFolder%" MKDIR "%@OutputFolder%"

::Run TexConv.exe
::-srgb was added because PNG images were getting high contrast colors
::Sorry about the messy code but this was harder to do than it sounds

FOR /R "%@InputFolder%" %%i IN (*.*) DO (
set word=%@OutputFolder%
set str=%%~dpi
CALL :REPLACESTRING
SET @IFOL=!@OSTRING!
CALL :MKFOL
SET @ISTRING=%%i
CALL :TexConv01
)

PAUSE
GOTO SCRIPTEND

:MKFOL
IF NOT EXIST "%@IFOL%" (
	MKDIR "%@IFOL%"
)
GOTO SCRIPTEND

:TexConv01
IF NOT "%@LOGO%"=="" SET @LOGO=-nologo
"%@TEXCONVEXE02%" %@LOGO% -srgb -nogpu -pow2 -vflip -if triangle -bc u -f %@FORMAT% "%@ISTRING%" -o "%@OSTRING%" -y
ECHO:
SET @LOGO= 
GOTO SCRIPTEND

:REPLACESTRING
call set str=%%str:%@InputFolder%=%word%%%
set @OSTRING=!str:~0,-1!
GOTO SCRIPTEND

:SCRIPTEND

Note on HumanStuff Easy Builder Workshop ...in almost 10 years there was a single other attempt at this, by TextureReplacerReplaced by @HaArLiNsH. 

• This isnt as advanced as it uses TR mod (not doing it myself), But I promise to add EVERY SINGLE TEXTURE POSSIBLE

FORGIVE COLOR SIZE, MAJOR CHANGES TO PACK WITH IMPORTANT INFO "HIGHLIGHTED"

You can now go from player to self or community modder with ease! 

HumanStuff Easy Builder Workshop & Texture Library v1.1.1 - "Raster", is LIVE Size: 2.4Gb fully zipped "ZIP" archive of 7z's

Fully "unzipped" size: 7.16Gb, fully "installed" + "Library + WORKBIN" (Full pack install) size: Approximately 29.4Gb (7.24Gb Win8.1, 4224mb PAGE FILE, 5.5Gb Library, 12.5GB tools, with unneeded tool/addons installers deleted)

FITS ON A "32GB NAND FLASH SSD" (REALLY 31224MB OR 30.4GB) WITH 1.1GB TO "SPARE" AFTER PAGE FILE (PAGE FILE/FILE CACHE SET TO "SAFE CLEAR" at 1.05Gb,  along with TEMP FILE MAX OF 0.255GB SET TO "SAFE AUTO CLEAN" AT 0.25Gb), I work off a "SD Express 3.1, 1x" 985mb read/write SD Card (set to fixed)  for "D:/" drive

Forgive screenshot age: Ill take newer 1

Spoiler

qXG4xN0.jpg

Main zip is a "ultra" setting "M$ type zip", Windows XP could open it, 7z support required (They are Format: 7z: LZMA2 on Ultra, Dictionary: 1536mb, Word size: 274, Block: Solid) for internal 7z's

THE WORK THIS TOOK! IT WAS LIKE 22 HOURS STRAIGHT!

DO NOT MOVE FOLDERS/FILES IN "WORKBIN" FOLDER AFTER YOU MOVE THE MAIN "HumanStuff_EasyBuilderWorkshop" FOLDER TO THE ROOT OF A DRIVE

• ROOT = C:\ OR D:\ OR H:\ ETC, EXAMPLE: C:\HumanStuff_EasyBuilderWorkshop\WORKBIN
  • THE "*.bat" FILES ARE DESIGNED TO WORK AS FOLDERS ARE "BUILT". ONLY ADD, MOVE DELETE IMAGES TO CONVERT TO DDS AND THE RESULTING DDS FILES.
  • MOVING OR RENAMIG THE FOLDERS WILL BREAK THE "EASY" PART OF THE PACK! AND THE "*.bat" WILL REMAKE THE FOLDERS, THEY INTERACT WITH, WHEN RUN

Change Log # //HumanStuff_EasyBuilderWorkshop//

• - NUMBERED INSTALL ORDER FOR TOOLS, PLEASE FOLLOW THAT ORDER! (SEE PICS)
  • -FULL "Easy Builder Workshop" Directory (aka: Folder) structure built.
  • - ALL *.dds FILES REMOVED
  • - ADDED EXR SUPPORT TO TEXCONV CMD LINE TOOL & GUI TOOL!
  • - Custom BAT FILES for TexConv for non-CLI accustom users, v.flip is DEFAULT!
  • - Auto installer added for all users, great for PROs, LIFESAVER to the learner
  • - ALL BUNDLEWARE REMOVED, AV SCANNED LOCAL AND ONLINE, MD5 CHECKED, ALL FIXED PRE-DONE (Ceasium 2 alpha, TexConv CMD/GUI TOOLS, VARIOUS OTHERS, PLUGINS UPDATED)
  • - ALL CODECS, LINKS TO RUN TIMES, PLUGINS ETC ARE AS NEW AS TIME OF PACKING (ALWAYS CHECK FOR UPDATES, WEEKLY LIKE SUNDAY AFTERNOON)
  • - WINDOWS 64BIT PREVIOUS TO 7 REQUIRE ADDITIONAL RUN TIMES. ASK ME
  • - WINDOWS 32BIT PREVIOUS TO & INCLUDING 8.1/10 REQUIRE ADDITIONAL RUN TIMES. ASK ME
  • - WINDOWS 32BIT & 64BIT PREVIOUS TO VISTA/7 (READ: 2000/XP, NO MS STORE etc) REQUIRE A SPECIAL PRE-MADE INSTALL IMAGE/DISC/USB & ALTERNATIVE TOOL INSTALLS *ASK ME
  • ^*- YOU MUST SUPPLY YOUR OWN COA (KEY) - OR HAVE DOWNGRADE RIGHTS FROM OWNED COA (KEY)
  • Out of convention with other mods: I will be including all "READ ME USER" intended Docs to RTF (rich text format, as an 8088 powered PC PC-XT or XT running DOS 3.0 & Windows 1.0 from 1985 can even open them with "MS Write")
  • Out of convention with other mods: I will be including all "ADVANCED USER TUTORIALS" as both RFT's & PDF's in Text, Plus Video versions in WMV at "ED" 576p25 (at 16:9, 1024x576p25 & at 4:3, 768x576p25, It will look magical!) 
  • VIDEOS: Will be hosted by me on Google drive (it can play them direct!), for download or viewing due to size. NEW linux users...message me for a player with good WMV support, oddly Quicktime is "ok" for both Mac & Linux users to view them.
    • The method: I used a short video clip, in:

Table 1: MY PC "CRUSHING" small video of my wife and cat. Spoiled: (ps i totally had to copy past a "box" in to fill in: how do i make a good 1)
Spoiler

Format

Codec

file Size

Quality

Time to crush (min:sec.)

good

1 region no

to big! 4 max

I want "good+"!

I want under 20:00 (But over 9:59) 

.avi

NTSC DV

37.7Mb

Excellent

:8.7

old

works

GOOD

blah

wow

.f4v

Match Source

2.29Mb

Fair

:5.1

GOOD

works

Ok

Good

blah

H.264

Match Source (Keyframe 30)

5.31 Mb

Good

:14.1

ODD

works

better

blah

wow

QuickTime

H.264 (keyframe 30)

4.21 Mb

Fair

:7.8

ODD, but better

its flv

works 

GOOD

BLAH

Sorenson Flash

Flv (720)

2.21Mb

Fair

1:04.6 over 1 hour

S-CLASS FOUND!

PERFECT!

GOOD FOR BIG OR SMALL

NICE!!

ALRIGHT!

Squeeze wmv

Custom 576p/25p

2.71Mb

Good-very good

:11.2 < PERFECT!

MAYBE?

MAYBE

MAYBE

MAYBE

Windows Media

Custom 600p/30p

2.59Mb

Very Good

:20.75 < Bit Long, but 30FPS

Conclusion:

Squeeze wmv, 576P at 25FPS 4:3 & 16:9, Videos look good but are "small", WMV 9 codec for A/V, Bitrate: 3 Mbps, 25 fps, test sized at 720x576p

Remarks on TexConv CMD & GUI tools: (Additions pre-done, this is not only permitted in EULA, it is suggested until they are default in next releases)

• When loading BMP files, if the WIC codec fails to load the image, the texconv tool will check to see if it's an Extended BMP containing DXT1, DXT3, or DXT5 compressed data. The tool does not support writing Extended BMP files. Typically you need to use -vflip with such files as well.
  • PRE-Done: Support for OpenEXR (EXR) can be added to the texconv utility. Uncomment #define USE_OPENEXR in the source, and add the DirectXTex auxiliary module to the project. See Adding OpenEXR for more details including building the OpenEXR library. This adds exr as an option for -ft.

INPUT file-type: The file type for the INPUT texture. Use one of the following. The default value is *.*.

• bmp: Windows BMP
  • jpg, jpeg: Joint Photographic Experts Group
  • png: Portable Network Graphics
  • dds: DirectDraw Surface (Direct3D texture file format)
  • tga: Truevision Graphics Adapter
  • hdr: Radiance RGBE
  • tif, tiff: Tagged Image File Format
  • wdp, hdp, jxr: Windows Media Photo
  • ppm, pfm: Portable PixMap, Portable FloatMap (Netpbm)
  • exr OpenEXR
  • or a WIC-supported format (bmp, jpg, png, jxr, etc.).

OUTPUT file-type: The file type for the OUTPUT texture. Use one of the following. The default value is *.dds.

• bmp: Windows BMP
  • jpg, jpeg: Joint Photographic Experts Group
  • png: Portable Network Graphics
  • dds: DirectDraw Surface (Direct3D texture file format)
  • tga: Truevision Graphics Adapter
  • hdr: Radiance RGBE
  • tif, tiff: Tagged Image File Format
  • wdp, hdp, jxr: Windows Media Photo
  • ppm, pfm: Portable PixMap, Portable FloatMap (Netpbm)
  • exr OpenEXR

ADDITIONAL OPEN DOMAIN CREDITS: Pandoc.org, Rodz Labs, Holger Dammertz, xNormal.org, K. Kolasinski, Voidtools (David Carpenter), typora.io, J. Rathlev, IEAP, Uni-Kiel, LIGHTNING UK! XnSoft, Irfan Skiljan, BoltBit,, Mankua Software, Paint.NET., krita.org, BinomialLLC, MS Texconv, OpenEXR, zlib, Meso, u7angel, woei, DarthAazard < me

• To my understanding: Nothing supplied violates EULA/TOS and/or Licences. No tools, documents, etc and/or changes/alterations have been made require licencing, only accreditation, they are on sites/ in the repo PR and suggested by dev's. Any existing readme, etc documents are included.  

PICs:

Spoiler

sUE4Pjq.pngYrGgTbs.pngp6HQtKm.pngdk9zv8M.pngqGhuuwp.png

TexConv_IMG_2_BC1_UNORM_NO_MIPMAPS.bat IN NOTEPAD++ & THE DXT_BC33 bat IN ACTION (RED IS GOOD ON EYES!)

SUPER.webpDhtDsm4.png

The Full Detailed List:

Spoiled:

Spoiler

** Warning files : To remind you!

00 ShutUp Win10: If you use win10, You want this.

01 CleanMem: Manages ram better than anything else free

02 Brave Web Browser: Fast, safe, pays you for ads, like $14 USD per month (Please support HumanStuff with a donation of 1 BAT monthly if you could be so kind, that’s about $0.22 USD)

03 HumanStuff Ninite Auto Installer: No crap, no bundle ware, no extra languages, installs to default location, IT’S THE SAFEST WAY TO DO A NEW PC SETUP, IF NOT FROM A DISK IMAGE.

·         Run it again to update all!

·         I could list them all, but a picture is worth a few hundred words:

t5RY0Nd.pngf5hHu9T.pngFvqB5hF.pngwVhbt9P.png

04 Kapersky free Cloud: The best free AV in tests, if its too ram/cpu “heavy” on your system, Avast is the lightest of the “best” free Anti-Virus, see chart below

04-alt, Avast Free Anti-Virus: https://www.avast.com/en-ca/index#pc GREAT ALTERNATIVE!

Free Anti-Virus Program
(and Norton for comparison)

Memory Usage (MB)
smaller better

Scan Speed (MB/s)
bigger better

Avast Antivirus (Free, post Nirto)

Norton Antivirus (Paid)

Kaspersky Antivirus (Free Cloud)

AVG Antivirus (Free)

05 Cleaning Tools:

·         BleachBit: So good it was once used for evil, google it

·         Bulk Crap Uninstaller: Cause everyone wants to add crap to installers for some reason

06 Personal Backup: THE BEST free in OS backup for windows. Can backup open/locked files.

07 Windows Enhancements:

·         Auslogic Disk Deframrgmentor: Best free defrag for HDD’s & SSD’s

·         Cmder: Windows CMD line “make easy” tool

·         DoubleCommander QT build: The BEST double pane & tabbed file explorer

·         Ghostscript libraries: You’ll need these, trust me

·         G'MIC: GREYC's Magic for Image Computing is a full-featured open-source framework for digital image processing, distributed under the CeCILL free software licenses

·         NtLite: Intelligent solutions for Windows integration and customization

·         O&O RegEditor: A much better and SAFER reg editor

·         UltraCopier: Because the windows shell one is slow and corrupts big (like huge) files. Replaces the Windows context “copy” menu

·         ImgBurn: The most powerful and expandable with plugins Disc writer/reader, CAUTION stand-alone install may attempt to add bundle ware, Ninite auto-installer auto declines

08 Office Tools:

·         Bulk File Rename Utility: This is a super time saver, espally when you have added an prefix in an image converter

·         Jarte: Makes Wordpad a real word processor (nearly “stand alone” ms-word equal for most tasks) that opens txt, rtf, docx, doc, odf. SAVES TO: txt, rtf, doc, odf

·         Pandoc: cmd tool that can make basically anydocument into anyother type, INSANLY POWERFUL

·         Turtl: A note and bookmark organizer better than evernote, (because Joplin is too large to package and has no on-line installer) JOPLIN IS BETTER

·         Typora: The greatest What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) markdown editor, supports pretty much everything (one beta ends this will go payware, currently its mixed source FREE, when beta ends you may keep or switch to JOPLIN)

09 Image Tools:

·         3D Tools:

o   Material Maker: Free and powerful texture generator/editor

o   Quixel Mixer: THE free 3D tool, along with Blender (or B for Artists)

o   TexGraph: Free, Powerful, light

o   Texture Lab: Free, powerful, full featured, not so light

·         Convert & Optimize Image Tools

o   Caesium Image Compressor 1.7 & 20 Beta (Fixed via PR rebuild, zilflop.dll typo lol, repackaged with PB Installer Maker), CaesiumPH LOSSLESS OPTIMIZER

o   RIOT & ROIT Plugin for other applications: Super good at what its made to do, FREE

o   XnConvert: The most powerful/fastest image converter etc. HAS BULK “BATCHING” FEATURES

o   System Monitoring (for errors in Conversion/Encoding debugging): CPU-Z, GPU-z, HWiNFO and DirectX Dialogistic tool (its built into directx drivers)

·         DDS ENCODE / COMPRESS TOOLS

o   COMMAND LINE, aka CLI, TOOLS:

§  AMD Compressinator CLI tool (zip is misnamed GUI tool, will fix next release)

§  Enhanced Crunch Binomial’s Tree: Makes the LOWEST RAM using DDS files! But the quality isn’t “great”!

§  Nvidia Texture Exporter CLI tools: VERY powerful if abit OLD!

§  TexConv CLI TOOL: THE MOST UP TO DATE DDS COMPRESSOR/ENCODER, GET GUI HERE , https://vvvv.org/contribution/texconvgui , I’ll add it next release.  (PR fixed and OpenEXR support added)

o   GUI TOOLS:

§  AMD Compressinator GUI TOOL: I never have good results with this on anything BUT DXT1-BC1…AVOID!

§  DDS Converter 1.4: The original, still VERY fast for bulk small textures with a display window

§  DDS Converter 2.1: The enchaned version of above, a few old features were removed (so we have both)

§  Nvidia Texture Exporter Tool: THE BEST TOOL with a GUI, BEST QUALITY OF A GUI TOOL, TUTORIAL PDF INCLUDED

o   Image Format Codecs:

§  AV1

§  HEIF

§  HEVC

§  MPEG2

§  VP9

§  EXR/ORA (they are added by Krita)

§  Almost Every other format (added by Paint.net & its Plugins)

o   PC CPU, RAM, GPU Tweakers:

§  MSI Afterburner: The GPU overclocker EVERYONE uses, so SUPER well documented/supported. Light. Has FPS counter, SAFE! Use its forum to find “best average setting” for your GPU

§  AMD or Intel CPU Overclocking tools (Ryzen Master or similar): Get these yourself, correct for your CPU (CPU-Z will give you all info you need), too many “types” to include in pack

§  MSI Kombustor: FREE and light, but it can stress a Titan-X in SLI

o   Normal Map Tools:

§  AwesomeBump: Best advanced Normal map too, that I forgot to add, will add next release, get it here: https://github.com/kmkolasinski/AwesomeBump

§  Dxtbmpx: Super fast and light, powerful

§  ModLab: The hard to get off stream version

§  XNormal: The Normal Map tool

o   Paint.net Plugins:

§  My personal: “Filetypes”, “filters”, “effects”, & “brushes” pack (EVERY file type you need that Paint.net can handle is in here)

§  BoltBits: Enhanced pack

§  G’MIC: for Paint.Net

o   Raster Editors:

§  PixaFlux: Its small powerful and has AWESOME compare image tools (like the best ever)

o   Test Tool:

§  DDSopti: Final version, Awesome DDS testing app

o   Viewer Tools:

§  DDS Viewer: the MS-DX included dds viewer

§  IrfanView64, with all plugins: the fastest image viewer

§  ProgImgView: Powerful image viewer

§  SageThumbs: So windows can make thumbnails of almost any image file type

§  XnView Classic: The most powerful image viewer there is, good companion to IrfanView, due to format support

10 Free Cloud Storage & Sync, Free approximately 1.3Tb:

·         Ymail 1Tb, WFT, 1TB?: YES! google how to use

·         Box 5Gb: Full features, the big daddy of OG clouds

·         Degoo 100Gb: basic but huge! 100mb file size limit

·         DropBox 5Gb: Its dropbox…

·         IceDrive 10Gb: Security focused

·         iDrive 5Gb: Backup focused

·         MediaFire 10Gb: FAST

·         Mega 50Gb: If it wasn’t for Degoo this would be king… almost NO LIMITS

·         pCloud 10Gb: You can stream media directly from it

·         Sync 2Gb: Its not a lot, but you can boost it to 10gb+ free

11 Show Off Tools:

·         PB Installer maker: For packaging zips into self extracting EXE’s

·         KDE Live: The most powerful free video editor, well supported, good for beginner or pro

·         OSB Studio: The streaming software everyone knows, well documented

·         Ocean Audio: Because Audacity is no longer king of the Free Audio Editor hill

12 ImgBurn Plugins: The most powerful and expandable with plugins Disc writer/reader, Ninite auto-installer doesn’t add plugins

99 ALT Links 2 HumanStuff Tools: For users that wish to mix and match tools, I have web links to about 100 free ware apps, I’ve tried them all.

Edited by Guest

Updated these:

SHAMELESS PLUG:

I HAVE THESE, STANDARD, VINTAGE & FUTURISTIC, ALL IN 640X480 TO 2560X1440 OPTIMIZED SIZES, AS ANIMATED WEBP'S. if anyone wants

BUMP UPDATED: ANIMATED WEBP SUITS OPTIMIZED TO 4:3 & 16:9 AT 480P TO 1440P (THESE ARE THE 720P OPTIMIZED UNIVERSAL: TRANSPARENT COLOR, SINGLE TABLE, REVERSED LABELED) AVG 388KB SIZE AT 538x720 PIXELS

Human-Stuff-Vintage-Suit-Animated-720.weHuman-Stuff-Standard-Suit-Animated-720.wHuman-Stuff-Future-Suit-Animated-720.web

MAX SIZE, OF WebP: 8bpc, 24bit color, 20K+ colors, 16383x16383, WebP lossless (1.98mb) vs Opti-PNG max quality (6.37mb)..FROM EXACT SAME MASTER

• LOOK AT DPI! ... and the Wildest 24bit image I could make in a minute, took 6 minutes to save each on a 3600XT with gxt2060 6gb, 64gb ram (but getting easier all the time)

2X4iyS7.png

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.