will ksp2 have RasterPropMonitor!

benny202020

everything shown was just rendered for the trailer only. it doesn't depict any functionality that will actually be in the game. if you want to see what has been confirmed so far, check out the different dev videos and articles out there.

6 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

everything shown was just rendered for the trailer only. it doesn't depict any functionality that will actually be in the game. if you want to see what has been confirmed so far, check out the different dev videos and articles out there.

All of the parts in the trailer are actual game assets, we don't know if that includes the IVA views but I think it does.

I dont see a reason for them to add RasterPropMonitor-esque elements into the game from a developer stand-point. It's already been modded into KSP1 and I'd expect it to be modded into KSP2 if it's not stock. The dev teams time could be better spent somewhere else. 

2 hours ago, Cattette said:

I dont see a reason for them to add RasterPropMonitor-esque elements into the game from a developer stand-point. It's already been modded into KSP1 and I'd expect it to be modded into KSP2 if it's not stock. The dev teams time could be better spent somewhere else. 

With respect, that argument could be applied to virtually anything...

My take on it is if the devs think a given feature will be useful and/or popular then it makes perfect sense for them to build it in (multiplayer for example).  An approach I personally much prefer over installing mods, no update compatibility issues for one reason.

However, that doesn't, and shouldn't, stop modders from doing their own versions and approaching things from different angles, or adding 'enhancements' they feel are lacking in stock.

18 hours ago, Cattette said:

What the Dev's are going to make all the required interface widgets for the game without setting up UI standard and modularity that would lend itself to future unknown interface widgets?

Also they aren't going to set up one widget that works both IVA and non-IVA screen modes.

Isn't that what people mean when they say RasterPropMonitor?

That sounds like a bad plan for a team hoping to develop the game for 10years.