I purchased the Making history DLC and used the code to add it to my Steam account. After putting the game down for a while, I re=downloaded it and suddenly my entire DLC was completely gone from my steam account. Is there any way i can get this fixed, or get a new code for my DLC?

I might be able to dig up the proof of purchase, and if i do, will either Steam, Squad or Blitworks be able to help?

Edited by cezek_says

On 9/12/2020 at 1:23 PM, Vanamonde said:

Howdy. Welcome to our forum. :)

I have moved your question to the support subforum, but could you tell us more about the problem? Are you saying Steam no longer shows the DLC as something you've purchased? 

Yes. I still have the Breaking ground right there in my steam account and on the KSP page. Making History, though, is completely gone!

Can there be any way i can get it back?

Recently, a lot of older KSP depots were removed from Steam. I can't use the console to download some not so older versions of KSP anymore, as I was able to do until the some time earlier this year.

I think this may be related to your case, as some "special bundles" are tied to some depots, and by removing depots the bundle you "received" when transferred the DLC to Steam may had ended up crippled by accident.

Mention this when you open a ticket on Steam. And you should, as only Steam's Support can help you on this.

37 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

My first suggestion would be to contact Steam support if you bought it through Steam. 

I think i bought it from a third party site but i'm not sure.

Anyway, i know for a fact that it WAS on my steam account and is now not.

I will contact Steam again with this new info and see if they can work it out now.

Edited by cezek_says
clarity

24 minutes ago, Lisias said:

I think this may be related to your case, as some "special bundles" are tied to some depots, and by removing depots the bundle you "received" when transferred the DLC to Steam may had ended up crippled by accident.

Mention this when you open a ticket on Steam. And you should, as only Steam's Support can help you on this.

I don't know what reason to put in my steam Ticket. I'm bot having in-game troubles with the DLC, it's just that i have no DLC at all.

ugh this is all so unintuitive

I have checked, and i indeed did not purchase the DLC from Steam, but from a now unknown third party site (probably G2A)

Steam has no recollection of me even activating the code on my account at all.

I think it was lost when i uninstalled and then reinstalled the entire game. Something messed up and i don;t have access to it anymore.

32 minutes ago, cezek_says said:

I have checked, and i indeed did not purchase the DLC from Steam, but from a now unknown third party site (probably G2A)

If you didn't bought it from the KSP Store neither, then there's no way (known to me) Steam would have MH linked to your account - AFAIK, the only way to do that without buying it from Steam would be transferring the buy from the KSP Store - and even that, only during some time in the past.

So, no. Forget what I said - that thing appears to be unrelated to your problem.

Well... There's nothing that can be done but... Logging on every single store you ever had made an account and look on the sale's history.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:14 PM, Lisias said:

If you didn't bought it from the KSP Store neither, then there's no way (known to me) Steam would have MH linked to your account - AFAIK, the only way to do that without buying it from Steam would be transferring the buy from the KSP Store - and even that, only during some time in the past.

So, no. Forget what I said - that thing appears to be unrelated to your problem.

Well... There's nothing that can be done but... Logging on every single store you ever had made an account and look on the sale's history.

I got it!

KSP Support gave me the DLC.

I found proof of purchase.

I am surprised you got the dlc back and i am happy i was wrong.

Since you bought this from a third party re seller that key was probably acquired by fraudulent methods.

When this is discovered i am guessing Steam is notified and they remove all the keys that were not bought legitimately. 

One of the main reasons i avoid those websites and stick to the official stores.

They just gave you free stuff congrats, they absorbed the damage caused by these sites.

What can i say, seems like they were kind enough to do that...ok...cool.

This is a funny/serious video that tells some truths about websites like that one and how much damage they cause:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twor6RYVtdQ

Edited by Boyster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.