recommend me some space construction games

Nuke

so recently i came across a video of a game called starship evo or something like that and was curious about it, and ive also heard about space engineers, though dont know anything about it. though it got me thinking that a space construction game (with combat) would be pretty cool. especially if based on hard scifi (starship evo seems to be a run of the mill semi-newtonian space sim as far as physics are concerned). so are there any other options? 

Does it have to be in space?

My current project (see banner below) is basically what you describe, minus the actual part about being in space. Also, it'll take a bit of patience as I work alone before any meaningful combat may be had...or perhaps a generous donation to help get the business started?

But you can build airplanes - And eventually use them for blasting other things to bit in battles not unlike those of Star Wars. I.e: Where star destroyers clash and their fighters scramble onto furious skirmish in between.  Just replace "Star Destroyer" with "Massive Airship" and Space with Sky,  the actual mechanics of how things behave end up really being just the same. 

3 hours ago, Moach said:

Does it have to be in space?

My current project (see banner below) is basically what you describe, minus the actual part about being in space. Also, it'll take a bit of patience as I work alone before any meaningful combat may be had...or perhaps a generous donation to help get the business started?

But you can build airplanes - And eventually use them for blasting other things to bit in battles not unlike those of Star Wars. I.e: Where star destroyers clash and their fighters scramble onto furious skirmish in between.  Just replace "Star Destroyer" with "Massive Airship" and Space with Sky,  the actual mechanics of how things behave end up really being just the same. 

no not really. im usually in the dark about games as i can only really get a few titles each year. and i have even less time to actually play them. 

i did end up getting that starship evo game, and its not bad for an alpha. space engineers is also cheep so i might get that one too. im just tired of 'quaternion with a gun' type games and there aren't many other genres im into anymore. 

3 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

There’s a space deconstruction game called Hardspace: Shipbreaker that’s in early access right now on Steam. Cutting up ships for salvage. No combat, but if you’re not careful (with that axe Eugene) things can go kablooey 

i think i saw scott manly's video on that one. it looks kind of interesting. 

Well there's this game called Kerbal Space Program. It's in a pretty early state, they only have this white pod that seats 3 people, two fuel tanks, two engines, and a decoupler, but I think you can get creative enough with it. The graphics are very unity-like and simplistic, but I like the sort of bright red, futuristic colour scheme they have with their buildings. They modelled a whole planet as well, and a moon. Can you imagine? That's insane.

Edited by Matuchkin

On 9/19/2020 at 5:36 PM, Matuchkin said:

Well there's this game called Kerbal Space Program. It's in a pretty early state, they only have this white pod that seats 3 people, two fuel tanks, two engines, and a decoupler, but I think you can get creative enough with it. The graphics are very unity-like and simplistic, but I like the sort of bright red, futuristic colour scheme they have with their buildings. They modelled a whole planet as well, and a moon. Can you imagine? That's insane.

i have a feeling kerbal2 will deliver what i really want. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know a boat construction game with combat called From the Depths, but you can make planes and maybe rockets as well. The learning curve is so steep you'd have to scrape your way up with an ice pick, but beyond that it should be smooth sailing. It is a very complex game, so unless you're into that I wouldn't recommend it.

On 9/13/2020 at 3:17 AM, Nuke said:

so recently i came across a video of a game called starship evo or something like that and was curious about it, and ive also heard about space engineers, though dont know anything about it. though it got me thinking that a space construction game (with combat) would be pretty cool. especially if based on hard scifi (starship evo seems to be a run of the mill semi-newtonian space sim as far as physics are concerned). so are there any other options? 

Empyrion Galactic Survival is and will be way better than Space Engineers.

Why?Because it has what its called a ''soul''.

Give it a try, you wont regret it, you can building amazing things and have some combat/survival, not extremely polished but way better than engineers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.