Sign in to follow this  
JMBuilder

Ground Effect Simulation

Something I've wanted to see in KSP for a very long time and really hope it's included in KSP2. We've never been able to build proper hovercrafts and ekranoplans that behave realistically.

Ground effect wouldn't have to be as detailed as something like FAR. It could be as simple as an increase in lift and perpendicular thrust values near a surface. It would also be hilariously "Kerbal" to somehow build a rocket that doesn't have enough thrust to ascend, but just enough to float awkwardly across the surface. :D

Edited by JMBuilder

Welp, KSP 2 will be releasing in a whiiiillee.

So thats why more mod options exist:

Try it out, works awesome with custom Ekranoplans.

Looking at the title, I was thinking you were referring to some VFX or something. But after reading what you were actually thinking, that would be very cool. I would love to make some flying boats using stock parts.

22 hours ago, JMBuilder said:

It would also be hilariously "Kerbal" to somehow build a rocket that doesn't have enough thrust to ascend, but just enough to float awkwardly across the surface.

I once built one that somehow had exactly 1.0 twr on liftoff. My reaction was pretty much "why it doesn't move? *looks at twroh." Sadly, as it burned fuel, it started gaining thrust and finally flew up.