After a long absence

LN400

After a long absence, I finally get a chance to Return to KSP but to my utter dismay and distress, necrobones is no longer active (please correct me if I'm wrong) developing his mods. Have any of the modders considered contacting necrobones for a continuation of his MRS mod, Space Y and others? I mainly remember MRS as one of my quintessential mods back then and the idea of taking up KSP again without it is well… not a cheerful idea.

/venting

3 hours ago, LN400 said:

After a long absence, I finally get a chance to Return to KSP but to my utter dismay and distress, necrobones is no longer active (please correct me if I'm wrong) developing his mods. Have any of the modders considered contacting necrobones for a continuation of his MRS mod, Space Y and others? I mainly remember MRS as one of my quintessential mods back then and the idea of taking up KSP again without it is well… not a cheerful idea.

/venting

Have you bothered to go looking?  In both of the mods you mentioned (MRS and Spacey) the threads are still active and both seem to be working in current versions with various patches.

3 hours ago, LN400 said:

/venting

I have tried contacting him, haven't gotten a response

@LN400 Modular Rocket Systems is still fairly up to date, being rated for 1.9.1 on SpaceDock. There is an MRS Lite mod too. A tidbit to remember: Part mods that have no serious gameplay or visual features (beyond carrying MM patches to integrate into other mods) will almost never break. So there's no real worry except that if they stopped being updated, you won't find them on CKAN with CKAN's default settings.

Go ahead and download these now and start playing.

Thanks, guys! See, when I left KSP for real life, every new version of KSP was sure to be followed by an update on all these mods, including necrobones' parts mods. I just got so used to that so when I read that necrobones had retired from KSP and the version for these mods were quite old now, I assumed that having these mods working would involve tweaking and or luck. I don't do luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.