Astrion's Career Mission Log

Astrionix

So I'm gonna admit this now. For the past year-and-a-half that I've had this game, I've never gone super in-depth with career mode, as sandbox is just kinda my thing. But career mode has gotten my interest for a good few months now, and I just think the mode itself with its technological progression with the tech tree has made me fascinated. Now I'll actually try to play the mode and be able to go past getting into suborbital flight.

I've also not posted that much here on the forums, so I'll do more by showing off missions that I do through logs. I'll be having fun with this and I hope you do too as you read along. I'll post my first log soon, maybe tomorrow or the day after, but I'll definitely make sure I do.

By the way, my career won't be completely stock, as I have a few mods (some by Angel-125, CobaltWolf, bcink, and others) along with it. Most of the time when I see other users' logs, they will have a few mods, too.

Log #1 - Year 1, Day 1

As anyone would do when starting out career mode, I go inside Mission Control and accept the contract to fly your first vessel, along with the one to get scientific data from Kerbin. The first craft I build is a Mk1 pod with a Mk16 parachute and a KD2 antenna from BDB titled, "Moho". An RT-5 Flea is simply attached to the bottom and, behold, the Moho-Flea! It's really something isn't it?

EoEy9al.png

I'll be having my missions named serially, so this one will be Moho 1. Before launching, I extend the antenna and do a crew report, receiving science and funds in return. The launch itself was quite fine. The Moho went up a few thousand meters, decoupled, and landed safely with the parachute.

bvwPKQG.png

jIhVb9B.png

6HEnphG.png

I also achieve a few milestones and earn more science and funds. A successful mission! The next contracts I accept are to escape the atmosphere (since according to administration, we can't be a space program without actually going into space) and test out BDB's Dioscuri-4 "Dzira" solid rocket motor. I build another simple rocket, the X-1 Dzira, and head out to the Dessert Launch Site, since it's White Sands-esque.

opI4ZSF.png

I also wanted to test out whether this booster can get past the Karman Line. It, in fact, does. Probably way more than enough.

YuZZ2md.png

XLugvBO.png

While being up in space, I'm able to get some EVE beauty shots.

JZ9hPwI.png

eMrC4b3.png

The X-1 enters the atmosphere and within a few seconds, it's a blazing arrow darting downwards. It swiftly explodes in a fireball yet, despite this, BDB is quite pleased by the test and I earn some. Going past the atmosphere and the astounding altitude records I do also go down in the history books.

vlZU2X7.png

ABBhSqH.png

The next contract I set out to complete was to test the Dioscuri-MGU27A "Perseir" booster, specifically having it in between 710 and 770 m/s while being in between 38K and 41K meters in altitude. I constructed the X-2 Perseir without even giving it a parachute since I was expecting it to get really high up. But instead, it was much slower than I thought, and was only brought to 300,000-ish meters in altitude. I also was not able to reach the desired speed asked in the contract before reaching 38,000 meters, but at least not adding parachutes was pointless, because by the time the X-2 crashed into the ground, it was still going seven hundred meters per second.

WgXqDpi.png

kMvvems.png

lonEpeM.png

Another contract needed doing was to test the LVT-45 . . . splashed down? Well, I build the X-3 and put the Moho craft on it just for the heck of it.

DCWdr0a.png

Once I'm up in the air, I change the direction and fly the X-3 Moho-Swivel like a missile toward the ocean. It starts losing control so I shut down throttle and land with the three Mk16 chutes. I then test the engine (still with throttle down) and make some money. Jebediah now has been able to experience flying a manned cruise missile!

zA9IH2f.png

HZRPYEC.png

Edited by Astrion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.