I just bought Making History but have no idea of what to build

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, I recommend building a smaller rocket or 2 to get started (Vostok, Soyuz, etc.), then build yourself a good Saturn V. To do it right, you really need Modular Launchpads. If you don't feel like building a rocket, I know that it gives you stock craft (Acapello is the Saturn V, for example)

Also, just build your own original, non-human rockets with the new parts.

Get insane! Think like a kerbal! Make a 5 meter rocket, then radially attach 4 or 6 more 5 meter tanks on it! Burn up on exiting the atmosphere, not entering! \Go crazy! The only limit is your imagination! (and how good your computer is, otherwise you will experience          lag.

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO, one of the best features from Making History is the Mission Editor.

And one of the best Missions built with it is this one - you may want to try it once you get a grasp on the new parts:

• 1 year later...

There are times, in my unmodded game, I have a desire to make Kerbalized replicas of concept craft from the "golden age" of spaceflight (1950s through the 1970s). Here's a website that sells plastic model kits that are of concept craft of both the United States and Soviet Union, but the images are a good start for inspiration.

It's really possible to get really close to the designs in the pics. Anyhow, hope this gives you some inspiration.

https://fantastic-plastic.com/1950s_concept_spacecraft.htm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.