virtual alloc mapping error

yes im doing this on a dif pc but im getting a error and it says virtual alloc mapping failed and stuff idk how to fix it ik its a ram issue will it crash my pc? i also have mods installed but that wouldnt do nothing i need a answer before sunday in est

stop answering please i cant archive it and i fixed it

Edited by Kerbal enginner bird boi
stop answering please i cant archive it and i fixed it

4 hours ago, Kerbal enginner bird boi said:

yes im doing this on a dif pc but im getting a error and it says virtual alloc mapping failed and stuff idk how to fix it ik its a ram issue will it crash my pc? i also have mods installed but that wouldnt do nothing i need a answer before sunday in est

There's a couple of things that could also cause this. If you've OC'd your memory, an unstable OC can easily cause this. Outdated/Buggy Drivers for the graphics card can also cause issues, and faulty drives can also make the error come up.

But because this error is fairly general (There's actually quite a lot that can make addresses in RAM not contain what a program expects/fail to load/not exist in the first place). There's not much anyone can really tell you to assist in diagnosing the issue further until you do more troubleshooting on your end I'm afraid.

As for if it's a symptom of a larger issue with your PC, again....that's something you'd have to troubleshoot further. If it's resolved by a driver update/downgrade then likely no, but like i said previously it could also be a bad drive or unstable OC.

But like i also said, there's just not enough information. Like what is your machine (The one that you're worried about, not the "Different" one)? I can't even really offer advice on how to troubleshoot because there's a huge difference between a laptop and desktop in that regard. What are your specs? If you have 32GB of RAM or something similar then you're likely correct in assuming it's not the issue and i wasted a entire paragraph of text. Did you try running a bone stock version of the game without mods and get the same error (If you did, and it did crash it would imply a driver issue heavily)? Does it only happen with KSP or other applications (If it's other applications, then you might need to start looking at the machine itself).

Was it a KSP error or a blue screen?  If it was a BSOD, then i'd suspect hardware more than software, but software is easier to troubleshoot and should be eliminated first regardless.

I know this likely isn't what you wanted, but i really don't know what else to say.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 4:05 AM, Incarnation of Chaos said:

There's a couple of things that could also cause this. If you've OC'd your memory, an unstable OC can easily cause this. Outdated/Buggy Drivers for the graphics card can also cause issues, and faulty drives can also make the error come up.

But because this error is fairly general (There's actually quite a lot that can make addresses in RAM not contain what a program expects/fail to load/not exist in the first place). There's not much anyone can really tell you to assist in diagnosing the issue further until you do more troubleshooting on your end I'm afraid.

As for if it's a symptom of a larger issue with your PC, again....that's something you'd have to troubleshoot further. If it's resolved by a driver update/downgrade then likely no, but like i said previously it could also be a bad drive or unstable OC.

But like i also said, there's just not enough information. Like what is your machine (The one that you're worried about, not the "Different" one)? I can't even really offer advice on how to troubleshoot because there's a huge difference between a laptop and desktop in that regard. What are your specs? If you have 32GB of RAM or something similar then you're likely correct in assuming it's not the issue and i wasted a entire paragraph of text. Did you try running a bone stock version of the game without mods and get the same error (If you did, and it did crash it would imply a driver issue heavily)? Does it only happen with KSP or other applications (If it's other applications, then you might need to start looking at the machine itself).

Was it a KSP error or a blue screen?  If it was a BSOD, then i'd suspect hardware more than software, but software is easier to troubleshoot and should be eliminated first regardless.

I know this likely isn't what you wanted, but i really don't know what else to say.

no worries theres no bsods or anything like that just get a error/popup that says it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.