[1.12.X+] ColdWarAerospace

L0ck0n

17 hours ago, L0ck0n said:

Olá, a versão 0.3 foi lançada! Adicionadas algumas novas peças legais, corrigidas texturas, configurações e modelos antigos!

I already downloaded it manually. Parts but this will be updated in CKAN too ... correct? (just curious)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Honestly, if you're going to add cargo aircraft, something to make a proper An-225 would be great - especially considering that it was designed from the ground up for the Soviet space program (to fly rocket stages and Buran orbiters to Baikonur), and was considered for use as an air-launch platform as part of the MAKS program.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 9:17 AM, L0ck0n said:

·         TweakScale (this old version should work without issues)

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/releases/tag/RELEASE%2F2.4.2.0

Hi! TweakScale maintainer here!

Could you, please, enumerate the problems you faced with TweakScale? On the next months I'm going into a bug killing spree, and knowing the ones that bit you will help!

Cheers!

— — POST EDIT — — 

I made a very minimalistic test on CWA engines (usually a source of problems while scaling), and I didn't found anything evident. :)

https://kerbalx.com/Lisias/CWA+TweakScale-Test

0003.jpg

Edited by Lisias
post edit

can you please add parts for the MI-24?  (like the cockpit, doors, and the rotors) or a cockpit for the KA-50/52?

File:Mi-24 door opened at Cottbus airfield.jpg - Wikimedia Commonsthe Doors are the main thing I'm wanting because the MI-24 serves as both a gunship and troop transport, so I think the Mk3 size would fit this helicopter the best in the game

Ka-50 HOKUM (KAMOV)KA-50 Ka-52 Alligator Attack Helicopter - Airforce TechnologyKA-52

Edited by Kerbal410

4 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

can you please add parts for the MI-24?  (like the cockpit, doors, and the rotors) or a cockpit for the KA-50/52?

File:Mi-24 door opened at Cottbus airfield.jpg - Wikimedia Commonsthe Doors are the main thing I'm wanting because the MI-24 serves as both a gunship and troop transport, so I think the Mk3 size would fit this helicopter the best in the game

Ka-50 HOKUM (KAMOV)KA-50 Ka-52 Alligator Attack Helicopter - Airforce TechnologyKA-52

Yeah, Mk3 is the best option for the mi-24, not full size vanilla mk3 tough. There is a mod out there that adds a mi24 cockpit,(No interior tough) I think in curseforge, I edited the file to make it smaller since its vanilla mk3 size, and its just way too big, turned out quite nicely
unknown.png
As for the ka50/52, they would need a bunch of parts to make them look right, maybe you could use horizontal mk3 like the blackhawk in the mod? Not sure really, the fuselage is kinda square, cant think of any way of making them look right without making fully new parts for it in a new shape, but thats not a good option really
unknown.png
So you could in fact make a mi-24. I'd love to see parts for it in this mod, specially including a mi-24A cockpit, but this should do for now

On 8/21/2021 at 7:25 PM, Lisias said:

Hi! TweakScale maintainer here!

Could you, please, enumerate the problems you faced with TweakScale? On the next months I'm going into a bug killing spree, and knowing the ones that bit you will help!

Cheers!

— — POST EDIT — — 

I made a very minimalistic test on CWA engines (usually a source of problems while scaling), and I didn't found anything evident. :)

https://kerbalx.com/Lisias/CWA+TweakScale-Test

0003.jpg

Everything works fine, description / requirements referred to some very old version of tweakscale. I forgot to change that. Sry, my mistake.

4 hours ago, L0ck0n said:

Everything works fine, description / requirements referred to some very old version of tweakscale. I forgot to change that. Sry, my mistake.

Not a problem. :) TweakScale was problematic in the past, and the reason it's stable nowadays is because I hunt the bugs like they were zombies! :)

(let me know if anything goes wrong involving it)

Cheers!

when can we see a cockpit for the SH-3 Sea King? some landing gear for the Blackhawk would be good too because the landing gear from airplane plus causes issues when launching a craft. because this mod has a series of parts for a Blackhawk I thought I'd ask about adding the front gear because the steerable landing gear from the stock game works fine for the tail gear.

also, (this would only require a cockpit, cargo bay, cargo ramp and fuel tanks when combined with airplane plus) can you please add parts for a CH-47? (the parts for the chinook I imagine would be a bit wider than the Blackhawks when combined with the side fuel tanks, but it would have roughly the same height as the other 2 helicopters in the mod, minus the engines, and the same goes for the sea king)

Edited by Kerbal410
Can someone update the World Stabilizer mod?

Hello. I am using the current iteration and as before I found the wheels tended to catch and quite often flip the vehicle when driving off the slope of the runway. Now that I have access to 3d software I found you had an extra Enhancement Collider around the wheel mesh that was a 3 dimensional square for some reason. I removed it and now the wheels work properly without catching. Hope this info is of use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Im back. With new update! ;)

What's new?:  New cargo plane parts (with new bulkhead profile!!!), many fixes ( @ColdJ wheels should work properly now), new Mk1 radial parts and (C-141 Starlifter cockpit - WiP - no IVA) and custom bulkhead profiles https://i.imgur.com/6ydM5jp.png (https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/181645-18-112-custom-bulkhead-profiles-020/ required)!

6ydM5jp.png

MbjBEqn.png

I'm releasing these parts for testing purposes. If they're bug-free and You like them, then in next update I'll release more cargo plane parts (Il-76)! So:

Plans for 0.5 update:

IVA for C-141, IL-76 parts (WIP), more fixes to iva in many parts! ;p

Edited by L0ck0n

5 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

that needs to be Size 2 Mk3 (like the Size 1 Mk3 and Size 1.5 Mk3 size profiles already used by this mod and AP+, but 2.5m tall)

Why flat sided? The parts already in here and AP+ should do the trick. Only issue is that the real thing uses oversize medium stock landing gear.

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

Why flat sided? The parts already in here and AP+ should do the trick. Only issue is that the real thing uses oversize medium stock landing gear.

6RYeqq4.png2.5m (KSP)
     1.875m (KSP)

But I guess 2.5m circular makes more sense for compatibility

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

6 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

But I guess 2.5m circular makes more sense for compatibility

No worries. I forgot that I had taken out Airplane plus when I was testing something and so when I went to build one I had to use what was available and made it Mk3 formfactor. Anything close to looking right for landing gear kept collapsing so had to compromise.

Spoiler

PC03WVO.pngAwf7NcI.pngBPMEkIH.pngLBC63wz.png