[1.12.X+] ColdWarAerospace

L0ck0n

8 hours ago, Phantom-051 said:

It's been ages since I last checked in on this mod. How're things going?

5 hours ago, doctorbai said:

I'm looking forward to the update of this mod!!!

Hi!

New version (0.4.1) is out. Added fixes to some textures, model, configs. New - IVA crew portraits.

Also: Could you please check if the sky is visible in the IVA crew portraits (bottom right), especially in stock cockpits, because in my KSP there is only black color in place of sky? I don't know if its just my KSP or its a new bug introduced in recent update xD. Its especially visible in Mk1 Inline cockpit.

Next update: Il-76 cockpit and cargo parts.

The cargobay drag shielding for hollow fuselage parts seems to be broken. They also need custom dragcubes because auto calculated ones ignore that the inner surface of hollow parts is not exposed to the airstream.  Maybe The Great Master Of  Drag Cubes @JadeOfMaar can help.

On 10/12/2021 at 7:43 AM, L0ck0n said:

Also: Could you please check if the sky is visible in the IVA crew portraits (bottom right), especially in stock cockpits, because in my KSP there is only black color in place of sky? I don't know if its just my KSP or its a new bug introduced in recent update xD. Its especially visible in Mk1 Inline cockpit.

My pilots are looking into the dark void of nothingness instead of a big blue sky. Both in stock cockpits and modded ones.

2wsuh1J.pngJSsQTVl.pngCnYSXcQ.png

And a small fighter jet showcase

Spoiler

pDBY1Ta.png

7mtdTLz.png

zXE5Hx1.png

PvMG0h1.png

On 10/22/2021 at 10:39 AM, Manul said:

The cargobay drag shielding for hollow fuselage parts seems to be broken. They also need custom dragcubes because auto calculated ones ignore that the inner surface of hollow parts is not exposed to the airstream.  Maybe The Great Master Of  Drag Cubes @JadeOfMaar can help.

From the looks of things (I've only tested these parts in particular: the slanted 2.5 ~ 3.1m bay, short 3.1m bay and the cargo tail) I've fixed the drag cube situation and I can easily go supersonic with them.

NLkdyrS.png

But... I haven't figured out the separate cargo shielding problem so payloads will still cause drag. I'll nail it at some point for sure.

16 minutes ago, Manul said:

About cargobays.... Just found a new way to break cargobays which I was not aware of :confused:

This posts suggests that a stack thing attached to the outside of the cargo bay must have the same node size as the outer node of that bay... Am I assuming correctly?

Edited by JadeOfMaar

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

This posts suggests that a stack thing attached to the outside of the cargo bay must have the same node size as the outer node of that bay... Am I assuming correctly?

Yes. Maybe the bigger one will also work, but not the smaller one. I looked at some parts from airplane plus that also break cargo shielding (mk1 junior fuselage and mk3s1 junior) and they have size 0 nodes while all size 1 cargobays have size 1 outer nodes.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

What exactly needs to be updated? Also absences of a a month or two aren't really anything strange in KSP modding

From what I see, my drag cube fixes (done and confirmed) have to get in, and the cargo shielding fix which is not done. I seem to have hit a brick wall with that. See my conversation above, with @Manul :

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have been enjoying this mod for a while and built some nice planes. But as I played, I found an issue with the radial engines used for VTOL. When I put them on a vessel, they can produce thrust forward as normal, but I cannot find options allowing them to convert into hover mode both in hanger and during test flight. I have firespitter and BD animation installed and the version of my module manager is 4.2.1. I am also using module manager watchdog for tweakscale. This is bugging me for a while and I hope my situation could provide some reference for potential bugs.

28 minutes ago, YHR123 said:

Hi, I have been enjoying this mod for a while and built some nice planes. But as I played, I found an issue with the radial engines used for VTOL. When I put them on a vessel, they can produce thrust forward as normal, but I cannot find options allowing them to convert into hover mode both in hanger and during test flight. I have firespitter and BD animation installed and the version of my module manager is 4.2.1. I am also using module manager watchdog for tweakscale. This is bugging me for a while and I hope my situation could provide some reference for potential bugs.

If I remember rightly they are fixed engines that just look like the Harrier ones. If you have KSP's Breaking Ground then you can attach them to rotational servos and then slide the servos in to the body (after configuring the rotational range) so that they dont show. If you do have Breaking Ground then you also might like my Harrier mod that combines engine and servo into 1 unit. If you are using the engines on new builds, just remember to remove 1 from symmetry after mirror attaching and rotate it to match the nozzle direction of the other. A premade Harrier is include that you just copy in to your save SPH folder.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2863/Harrier Jump Jet Parts Pack.

• 2 weeks later...