[1.12.X+] ColdWarAerospace

L0ck0n

On 5/21/2023 at 12:49 AM, kerbmario said:

I'd love if someone here put textures up, I'm too bad at texturing to make it look decent. Excited when this gets into the mod.

If you know how to texture but dont have good results, just try using the vanilla textures
Actually if you can get the base texturing done and get me a template I could try doing it myself maybe? Can't promise anything though
talk to me on discord Wolfosito#6870

3 hours ago, Wolfosito said:

If you know how to texture but dont have good results, just try using the vanilla textures
Actually if you can get the base texturing done and get me a template I could try doing it myself maybe? Can't promise anything though
talk to me on discord Wolfosito#6870

The thing is, there is no vanilla texture for it. It'd just be gray, if the cockpit is textured in vanilla style it'd be great 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 11:25 AM, TrackerAerospace said:

With the addition of F-16 landing gear, and with the cockpit update, I felt it was fitting to revamp my F-16… ubsA0ed.pngwr4Ewco.pngwKhpSsO.pngPKa3jrV.png08LkhDn.pngybYrViM.png77al6LO.png

Is TURD support planned? A while back, I saw these pictures and I wondered how TrackerAerospace did all these patterns. Are they conformal decals or some other mod?

On 6/9/2023 at 8:05 PM, space_otter said:

Is TURD support planned? A while back, I saw these pictures and I wondered how TrackerAerospace did all these patterns. Are they conformal decals or some other mod?

I thought he was just retexturing them manually. Although I guess you could use decals?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone's noticed this, but the mk2/h tail pieces, when flipped upside down in the editor, just go back to being upright. I thought about making an airborne mini-carrier with those parts, but I can't when it doesn't allow for  them to be upside down. the mk2/h pieces in airplane plus don't have this issue.

Edited by Kerbal410

• 2 weeks later...

any chance for:

a SH-2 Seasprite/SH-2G Super Seasprite, perhaps as a variant of the Helix-A cockpit? or an SH-3 Sea King cockpit as a modified variant of the Helix-B? they do look similar.

Kaman SH-2 Seasprite - Wikipedia

Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King - Wikipedia

a variant of the long mk3s1 intake that ends in a flat mk3s1 for compatibility with the J-119 from AP+, or a similar flat mk3s1 engine.

220px-F-15B_C-1984-6457.jpg 

a mk3s1 apache cockpit, perhaps just a modified version of the one in firespitter, preferably with the SAS part built-in, or an option to have a mount for a BDA FLIR ball?

Boeing Unveils Vision For Future AH-64 Apache Upgrades | Aviation Week  Network

and/or a Boeing-Vertol 235 cockpit? just something unique.

Boeing Vertol BV-235 (AAH contender) | Secret Projects Forum

a mk2/h PZL-230F Skorpion cockpit. the current F-16 cockpit works for now, just has an obstructed hatch due to canards and doesn't have a chine that goes all the way aroundWT Live // Images by Mateusz_nju

NOTAR/Fenestron system (I know the latter is in Firespitter, it just has an odd texture)

helicopter - How does the MD 900 accomplish auto rotation with the NOTAR  system? - Aviation Stack Exchange

Edited by Kerbal410
there is a lot going on in my head, so I decided to add a few more things.

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2023 at 2:05 PM, space_otter said:

This is all decals, and TURD support for ProcWings. I have meticulously recreated dozens of old decals and liveries with decals and recolors, I tend to avoid messing with textures 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 6:49 AM, Kerbal410 said:

I don't know if anyone's noticed this, but the mk2/h tail pieces, when flipped upside down in the editor, just go back to being upright. I thought about making an airborne mini-carrier with those parts, but I can't when it doesn't allow for  them to be upside down. the mk2/h pieces in airplane plus don't have this issue.

You can try to open the CFG of that part,and delete “mirrorRefAxis = 0, 0, -1”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2022 at 5:18 PM, TrackerAerospace said:

Hi, absolutely love this mod... good to see the newest parts added. The F-16 parts and S1Mk3 parts have quickly become essential in my ksp install, along with the other parts too. I've been putting them to good use:

BoVi2TD.pngRWshezy.png96BFRn2.pngCX2eGSA.jpgyrf01VT.png

The S1Mk3 Parts have lent themselves to other birds too, especially helpful that they are the only ones that are scaleable:

jyQlbt1.jpgqKzgj3q.jpgIBYYZHG.png

Basically this mod has been one of the most useful tools in my arsenal for replicating these awesome planes. Thank you for the quality work. One question/recommendation tho: two seater F-16 and MiG-29 cockpits would be absolutely fantastic to have.

Other then that,  keep up the fantastic work!

Hey, what are you using for plane painting? Thanks in advance  (edit: found your later message about liveries and TURD)

Edited by Fanta_Racer

@L0ck0n is there a chance for a cargo/internal weapons bay part of MK3S2 where it opens as a stock MK3 cargo bay and a version where the bay opens on the flat side? Maybe as two separate parts or one cargo bay part with a switch? Also a Mk3S2 Su-57-alike tail cone would be great and appreciated since there are no Su-57 style fuselage parts anywhere.

Great mod, absolutely love it, especially the Yak-38. Also love the fact that its compatible with another mod (forgor the name) which has shiny metal parts and cockpits with fishbed MiG spine