[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

On 5/3/2016 at 7:20 PM, Plusck said:

KSP 1.1 and up is by default 64 bit if your OS is 64-bit. You can check in Activity Monitor when you run it and it should confirm this.

KSP 1.0.5 (if for some reason you need or want to use 1.0.5) is only 32-bit, but is hackable to work with 64-bit Unity files (there is a reddit thread that tells you how to do this, IIRC.

So you shouldn't need any launch parameters at all.

2 hours ago, Gojira said:

I mean, it says it right there in the text you pasted. Twice, even.

So no, it does not. Yet.

...it also says, "As of the time Parallax is released, it will be available for stock"

Tried it... I have an i7, 16gb ram and an old nvidia card 970 or 980 (I don’t remember).

Anyways I got acceptable performance around 25-35 FPS around launch pad with a small rocket (about 50 parts). In orbit I got around 50 FPS. I also had scatterer & Eve + a bunch of other essential mods, like KER, Restock & the Near future pack.. all in all around 25-30 mods. 

To be honest I didn’t really notice much performance difference from my KSRSSVE setup, neither from my SPECTRA setup.

Just thought you’d wanna know. 

Oh and it really looks great!! Can’t wait for a stock planets config or a rss config. 
Thanks a lot for sharing your beautiful work! I love it! 

2 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

there will be a release for 1.9.1?

It works on 1.9.1, but not any lower. Just make sure you use the correct Kopernicus version!

41 minutes ago, Gojira said:

Fair, didn't see that in the OP. My bad. Given that on release he said it's only available for Beyond Home, I'd say to wait just a little bit longer.

44 minutes ago, Dick_Kerman said:

...it also says, "As of the time Parallax is released, it will be available for stock"

Bad wording on my part! That sentence was meant to mean "If you're a modder and want to add support for your own planet packs, you can, but without configs Parallax won't do anything". I've updated the OP. Thanks for letting me know :) 

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

It works on 1.9.1, but not any lower. Just make sure you use the correct Kopernicus version!

Bad wording on my part! That sentence was meant to mean "If you're a modder and want to add support for your own planet packs, you can, but without configs Parallax won't do anything". I've updated the OP. Thanks for letting me know :) 

Gotcha, well, its a shame. Beautiful work, really. I look forward to checking it out when I get the chance. 

10 minutes ago, Entropian said:

I'm willing to try and make configs for Real Solar System, but I don't know where to start.  Can somebody give me some get-me-started tips?

Thanks.

Documentation is in the works, it'll be updated as I write it on the github wiki. I'm very pressed for time (I move to University in just over a day) so I didn't have the chance to finish it before releasing the mod

7 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Documentation is in the works, it'll be updated as I write it on the github wiki. I'm very pressed for time (I move to University in just over a day) so I didn't have the chance to finish it before releasing the mod

Ok, great.  Thanks.

I will add that the issues with this&Kopernicus are at the top of our todo list (the glossy runway as an example).  The only issue with fixing them quickly is work is being very very harsh on me these past few days.

I will fix this as soon as I can.  Hopefully in the next few days.  Best case is tonight (if I survive work) worst case is sometime this weekend.

Edited by R-T-B

11 hours ago, Robban279 said:

Tried it... I have an i7, 16gb ram and an old nvidia card 970 or 980 (I don’t remember).

Anyways I got acceptable performance around 25-35 FPS around launch pad with a small rocket (about 50 parts). In orbit I got around 50 FPS. I also had scatterer & Eve + a bunch of other essential mods, like KER, Restock & the Near future pack.. all in all around 25-30 mods. 

To be honest I didn’t really notice much performance difference from my KSRSSVE setup, neither from my SPECTRA setup.

Just thought you’d wanna know. 

Oh and it really looks great!! Can’t wait for a stock planets config or a rss config. 
Thanks a lot for sharing your beautiful work! I love it! 

970 absolutely better than 1050ti aside architectural tech difference which ksp won't care anyway

18 hours ago, Kerminator1000 said:

This looks amazing!

Quick question about specs:

(Note that this is a laptop, so idk if that affects anything)

My CPU will be fine (i7)

My RAM is borderline (8 gigs)

My GPU is the problem: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 - I looked up the specs on it and it looks very similar to the recommended GPU, the only differences are the pipelines (about half as many for my GPU), the core speed (the 250 is faster), and the bus width (64 bit vs. 128 bit). My MX250 has 6 g of VRAM.

Screen resolution: 1920x1080 

Also will this be compatible with existing visual mods? i.e. Scatterer and Spectra

Try run it and tell the result, I recall mx250 only come with 2/4GB vRAM with performance similar to 750 ti to tho

And I don't think prallax works with stock planets yet 

Edited by ssd21345

1 hour ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

What's your current idea that the release day for all regular planets will be? I can't wait to see Eeloo or Kerbin with this mod!

He doesn't plan on doing it himself, but you can be sure there'll be someone who makes a pack for it.  When?  Anybodies guess at this point.

17 hours ago, Robban279 said:

Thanks for the help! It seems like my GPU will be fine.

Can't wait for the stock release!

9 hours ago, UDxstepheN said:

ME: WOWOWOWOWOOWWOOWOOWWOOWWOWWOWOW:o

ME: (installs it):cool:

My computer: No F Way:mad:

Hey, welcome to the forums! 

Just now, Gojira said:

It does nothing for stock in its current state. Nobody's made configs for stock yet.

Hope configs made soon.. looks very nice and I don't think we will get any more updates till kerbal 2 is out officially so up to mods to keep improving the original.