[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

When I use parallax, the surface textures of the parallax in low orbit of the planets are moving and how can I increase the resolution of the textures?

I'll be posting a video of this soon.

My game data folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PWuPqsdsQkaCZPEwK5-nhSW_RKM0KQiW/view?usp=sharing

I'm playing on Steam, Windows 10

Edited by Word
ERROR

1 hour ago, Kerminator1000 said:

How do you adjust the terrain offset. I downloaded this and tested it, and Bob is hovering about a foot or two  above the ground.

Other than that it looks amazing!

In ParallaxTerrain.cfg  (inside Parallax_StockTextures folder

displacementOffset = 

I think I might be getting somewhere? After playing around a bit more, I seem to have found the console spamming the following error:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ParallaxShader.Shader5.Update () (at <0e962ee0d677445f832ed458f7108ca3>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

And here is a photo of what the terrain freaking out is:

Spoiler

usPnLNX.jpg

If you need another full log, here is is along with the code I am using for the terrain itself:

Spoiler

KSP.log
And the full code:

Parallax
{
	Body
	{
		name = Moon
		Textures
		{
			surfaceTexture = RealSolarSystem/Terrain/Parallax/PAR_Lune_Diffuse3
			surfaceTextureMid = RealSolarSystem/Terrain/Parallax/PAR_Lune_Diffuse3
			surfaceTextureHigh = RealSolarSystem/Terrain/Parallax/PAR_Lune_Diffuse3
			surfaceTessellationMap = RealSolarSystem/Terrain/Parallax/PAR_Lune_Displacement2
			surfaceTextureBumpMap = RealSolarSystem/Terrain/Parallax/PAR_Lune_Normal2
			surfaceBumpMapMid = RealSolarSystem/Terrain/Parallax/PAR_Lune_Normal2
			surfaceBumpMapHigh = RealSolarSystem/Terrain/PluginData/PAR_Lune_Normal2
			influenceMap = RealSolarSystem/Terrain/PluginData/PAR_Lune_Influence2

steepPower = 8
			surfaceTextureScale = 0.03

tessellationHeight = 2
			steepTextureScale = 0.02
			smoothness = 0.2
			tintColor = 0.500, 0.500, 0.500
			lowStart = 45
			lowEnd = 175
			highStart = 1750
			highEnd = 2000
			planetIsAtmospheric = false
			hasWater = false
			reflectionMask = 1,0,0,0
		}
	}
}

And yes, those are all textures with correct folder locations, so it is not a missing texture error for sure

If your willing to help out with this, it would be really awesome, thanks

BTW I am using parallax version 1.0.1 on KSP 1.9 since 1.1.1 I don't believe works on 1.9 however the older version does for sure

1 hour ago, legojoshua12 said:

I am using parallax version 1.0.1 on KSP 1.9 since 1.1.1 I don't believe works on 1.9 however the older version does for sure

I believe Parallax 1.0.1 is not compatible with the Stock solar system. Do you have Beyond Home installed?

2 hours ago, Deddly said:

I believe Parallax 1.0.1 is not compatible with the Stock solar system. Do you have Beyond Home installed?

No, these are configs I am attempting to work on with RSS, and that is a photo of the moon surface and not of the mun, and the configs are included with the post as well as a couple of other details from an earlier post I had made

I have the breaking ground expansion and it seems I lost the terrain features like the Olivin rocks on minmus where i parked a probe before I installed the mod. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Edit: it seems they are just located at a different place now

In addition Minmus looks great but somehow its surface features start moving when I approach. Is this normal?

Edited by Alioth81

@Gameslinx I've found another armless bug / NRE spam :

As soon as a ship enter the sun's SOI the log get spammed. Like with the map view log spam it don't seem to break anything.

Here is a log on a clean install : https://www.dropbox.com/s/67vlmozfpps8kap/KSP.log?dl=0

I can add those issue to your github if you want, it may be more convenient than to track down forum post ;)

Edited by Li0n

I did this and am having the same problems. Is it just a config issue?

Edit: been troubleshooting and looking at similar problems and linx's responses. Still finding answer

Edit: was missing a file from Kopernicius it works now

Edited by Guest

I made a video on it, this is my opinion! I don't think this mod is for me but that doesn't mean it isn't for you. Check out this mod it's a good mod, it just isn't for me. The most weird thing was the hovering or clipping into the ground, but I know there is nothing you can do about that because of KSP or something. I was bummed about the easter eggs not being retextured but that isn't really significant because only a few will ever see those. Overall, I think you did a great job @Gameslinx, you deserve a million! My game doesn't preform well with this mod which is sad because I would love to use it more...

For some reason i'm getting extremely low FPS

I'm using a GTX 1060 6gb with a i5-4690k + 16gb RAM

I remember i tested this mod with beyond home system and the performace was not that bad. I'm using EVE-Redux + Scatterer. 

EDIT: i've realized i get this bad FPS only on Mun surface.

Edited by RaphaFabris

52 minutes ago, RaphaFabris said:

For some reason i'm getting extremely low FPS

I'm using a GTX 1060 6gb with a i5-4690k + 16gb RAM

I remember i tested this mod with beyond home system and the performace was not that bad. I'm using EVE-Redux + Scatterer. 

EDIT: i've realized i get this bad FPS only on Mun surface.

Send your KSP.log please

Hello, I downloaded the mod and it looks very nice, I've tested it on Kerbin and it runs well but when I'm on the Mun the fps drop to unbearable levels, I'm not sure if I have installed something wrong I'll send you a message of the ksp.log if you want. (I have 8 gigs ram, I don't know if that's the issue)(Edit 2:The ksp.log)

Edited by Brownie352

55 minutes ago, Brownie352 said:

Hello, I downloaded the mod and it looks very nice, I've tested it on Kerbin and it runs well but when I'm on the Mun the fps drop to unbearable levels, I'm not sure if I have installed something wrong I'll send you a message of the ksp.log if you want. (I have 8 gigs ram, I don't know if that's the issue)

i have the exact same problem (on minmus, didn't test it on the mun)

13 hours ago, Brownie352 said:

Hello, I downloaded the mod and it looks very nice, I've tested it on Kerbin and it runs well but when I'm on the Mun the fps drop to unbearable levels, I'm not sure if I have installed something wrong I'll send you a message of the ksp.log if you want. (I have 8 gigs ram, I don't know if that's the issue)(Edit 2:The ksp.log) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qsix27oY0EqcvqMJm0eycRPnGibB-i2p/view?usp=sharing

When reporting FPS issues please report them without any other visual mods installed :) 

26 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

When reporting FPS issues please report them without any other visual mods installed :) 

Oh, I did another test and it seems some other visual mod must be causing the trouble... Hope you didn't waste much time trying to troubleshoot my stuff.. Thank you for the quick  feedback. If I find the culprit I'll edit this comment for the solution, sorry for the silly question

21 minutes ago, minerbat said:

GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (1136MB)

You are severely under the minimum spec required to run this mod. You are running on integrated graphics - I'm surprised you can run this at all

Minimum specs:

• CPU: Parallax does not have much of a CPU impact, you'll be fine
  • GPU: NVIDIA GT 960M (or AMD equivalent)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Shader model 5.0
Edited by Gameslinx

well, scatterer and EVE (which i removed) did do mostly fine if i turned fancy water off and i think i am under minimum specs for those too. it is still great to install and look around for a few minutes and i will certainly install it again if i ever get a better computer.