[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

6 hours ago, kylelander said:

[ParallaxGlobalConfig] Exception: Multiple global configs detected!

You have two versions of Parallax installed. I imagine it's that GameData folder inside your GameData folder. You should delete that

4 hours ago, Decus91 said:

Any chance of 8k and 16k textures for the stock planets, maybe based on KSPRC?

You mean from orbit? I am working on something for that, but I need to figure out how to implement it in-game:

unknown.png

23 minutes ago, Omni122 said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/IZFA2g6

Hey, I'm loving your mod so far, but its lookin a little . . . rough. Any idea what configs I could change to get these textures lookin more like what you have in your photos?

Are you using rescale?

Is your terrain / texture quality not set to the maximum?

2 hours ago, The Kerman said:

Does the CKAN  install work with stock because iv'e tried 2 different versions and it doesn't work also does other visual mods interfere?

Please ask CKAN questions on the CKAN thread. Only there we can guarantee that someone of the team actually reads them.

That aside, yes, stock textures should work now. Select Parallax, then select "Parallax - Stock Planet Textures".  You might have to hit "Refresh" once to get the latest metadata.
A necessary update to Beyond Home's metadata is still pending. Edit: Beyond Home is now also updated.

Edited by DasSkelett

6 minutes ago, Omni122 said:

these are my settings, what should I change?

I don't think you need to change anything. Make sure that in the ParallaxGlobal.cfg that TessellationMax is set to 64.

If it's set to 64, there's nothing I can do - You're just too close to the ground :) 

24 minutes ago, Omni122 said:

Are there any glaring issues in my cfgs?

BvblcWn.png

Nope. Everything is fine!

You're just looking too close to the ground and that's why it looks odd. When piloting a ship or rover, it'll look fine because you'll be far enough away from the ground

Just now, Gameslinx said:

Nope. Everything is fine!

You're just looking too close to the ground and that's why it looks odd. When piloting a ship or rover, it'll look fine because you'll be far enough away from the ground

OK thanks for the tech support.

17 minutes ago, The Kerman said:

Hello I Am Reporting An Issue With The Stock Textures! I Have Ran Into The Ground Being A Plain Solid Reflective Color unknown.png

That happened to me. If you are playing on 1.10.1, do not use Korpernicus main branch, use Kopernicus Bleeding Edge. That should clear it up

Oh and install manually, dont use CKAN.

Edited by Omni122

14 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

[ParallaxGlobalConfig] Exception: Multiple global configs detected!

You have two versions of Parallax installed. I imagine it's that GameData folder inside your GameData folder. You should delete that

You mean from orbit? I am working on something for that, but I need to figure out how to implement it in-game:

unknown.png

Yes! Terrific, thanks, no resolution is too high when playing on x10.625 Rescale :P

Edited by Decus91