[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

Do i really need kopernicus to run this?

when i install kopernicus i get an error and i can't load any games lol

update: when i load the game anyway i get this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FcmGxXys3cqphI7p7IpiOZoggr7nCx9E/view?usp=sharing

could it be that it needs to be in the kopernicus folder? ;)

Edited by civillian1

3 hours ago, civillian1 said:

Do i really need kopernicus to run this?

when i install kopernicus i get an error and i can't load any games lol

update: when i load the game anyway i get this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FcmGxXys3cqphI7p7IpiOZoggr7nCx9E/view?usp=sharing

could it be that it needs to be in the kopernicus folder? ;)

You need Kopernicus Bleeding Edge.

I can't see what's in that drive link because it's private

Is it possible to use this mod if you have a planet pack that keeps the stock planets but adds new ones to it, like outer planet mod? I understand that there will not be any visual improvement to anything other then the stock planets, but will those planets still work or will it break the terrain on them completely?

6 hours ago, Slome815 said:

Is it possible to use this mod if you have a planet pack that keeps the stock planets but adds new ones to it, like outer planet mod? I understand that there will not be any visual improvement to anything other then the stock planets, but will those planets still work or will it break the terrain on them completely?

There are no config's for OPM YET.

However you could make them yourself.

Update Preview - Surface Detail

I've made some changes to the terrain system which allows me to generate highly accurate UVs for terrain quads. This allows me to tile a texture massively across a surface. Introducing a new level of detail up close!

unknown.png

That screenshot was taken in Unity, but here's some from in-game!

unknown.png

unknown.png

I'm also looking at a technique called Biplanar Mapping instead of Triplanar Mapping. If I can get it working, the amount of texture samples will be reduced by 33% and you can all enjoy a big performance boost!

6 minutes ago, Kerbal88 said:

Please help me install Parallax. I installed the mod according to the instructions, I have Kopernicus, but after landing on Minimus, for example, my ships seem to collapse in textures. My game version 1.10.1

foto: 

Looks like you're missing the Parallax_StockTextures. Double check the install instructions - Send your log if you run into any more problems!

I'm working on making an Outer Planets Mod config for Parallax. I'm wondering how to reduce the shiny-ness of a planet?

Are the shiny-ness factors related directly with the texture? I'm new to all of this texture/normal/displacement map stuff.

Also, what resolution are the DDS files? Is it a standard amount across each body or do you have different parameters for each different celestial body?

Thanks!

Edited by Fundati

12 hours ago, Fundati said:

I'm wondering how to reduce the shiny-ness of a planet?

Specularity is affected by the albedo texture's alpha channel, where specular = alpha * tintColor. Specularity is also affected by the tintColor and metallic properties in your Parallax terrain config.

Are the shiny-ness factors related directly with the texture?

Yes

Also, what resolution are the DDS files? Is it a standard amount across each body or do you have different parameters for each different celestial body?

The texture size must be a power of 2. For the stock textures I use 4096 x 4096 for most of my textures. You can have different resolution maps and they'll work fine together

Be sure to check out the wiki which is currently under development at https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/wiki

On 25.11.2020 at 13:48, Gameslinx said:

Zaktualizuj podgląd - szczegół powierzchni

Dokonałem pewnych zmian w systemie terenu, który pozwala mi generować bardzo dokładne UV dla quadów terenowych. Dzięki temu mogę rozłożyć teksturę na całej powierzchni. Przedstawiamy nowy poziom szczegółowości z bliska!

unknown.png

Ten zrzut ekranu został zrobiony w Unity, ale oto kilka z gry!

unknown.png

unknown.png

Patrzę również na technikę zwaną mapowaniem biplanarnym zamiast mapowania trójpłaszczyznowego. Jeśli uda mi się to uruchomić, ilość próbek tekstur zostanie zmniejszona o 33% i wszyscy będziecie mogli cieszyć się dużym wzrostem wydajności!

Wygląda na to, że brakuje Ci parallax_StockTextures. Dokładnie sprawdź instrukcje instalacji - wyślij swój dziennik, jeśli napotkasz więcej problemów!

I downloaded parallax and parallax stock texture and unfortunately it looks like the print screen I posted, what could be wrong?

16 minutes ago, Kerbal88 said:

I downloaded parallax and parallax stock texture and unfortunately it looks like the print screen I posted, what could be wrong?

You answer has already been answered several times on this thread. Just look for it in the last pages.

26 minutes ago, Kerbal88 said:

where exactly because I don't see anyone having a problem like me? I will be grateful for your help

did you install this version of Kopernicus? 

https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/releases/tag/UBE-release-46

You also need Module Manager.

Also, put your Terrain  settings to High.

Also install Parallax, and Stock Textures, both.
I don't know anything else.

Edited by Agustin

Hi, I have been playing with this mod on windows 10 for quite some time, and I recently tried it on a linux/Ubuntu install. I met some trouble: for some reason,  parallax is unable to "see" its config.  Parallax-stockconfigs, kopernicus-BE and modularflightintegrator are all installed, but when loading, parallax says that it didn't meet its dependency. As expected, all celestial bodies are a solid pink. I have other mods installed that also have separate configs, and they work fine. 

logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tBQu1QxHn1By2Fe6SIjtClITLGNcU10R/view?usp=sharing

player-logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d4_DoLK71ZaKoMmBwSDnAoQviNzhbPjj/view?usp=sharing 

(i know there are other mods installed, but at this point i am quite sure it is not a mod conflict) 

Edited by vinix
stupid me

2 hours ago, vinix said:

(i know there are other mods installed, but at this point i am quite sure it is not a mod conflict) 

I just installed this mod on Archlinux and I have the same problem. Kopernicus BE  Edition Release 46 is installed.

Same error messages and all celestial bodies are also pink.

Edited by Jackseller

17 hours ago, agudguy said:

I've been having multiple difficulties with the mod, i put it in my GameData, run KSP, and all the planets appear pink, is that a known bug or does the mod have any dependencies?

No log, no support. Please send your log when making a bug report or there's no way I can help you.

2 hours ago, vinix said:

parallax is unable to "see" its config

Even if the file paths were correct, the shader would fail because it is unsupported on MacOSX and Linux. I'm doing my best to look into this at the moment, but without access to either OS it is very slow progress

31 minutes ago, Jackseller said:

I just installed this mod on Archlinux and I have the same problem. Kopernicus BE  Edition Release 46 is installed.

Read above ^