[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

2 hours ago, Ondřej20 said:

Hi all,

just tried Parallax on Linux, but it seems some textures are missing? Any idea what is wrong? I followed the installation as described in the readme, with Kopernicus BE.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1OtGfHGeMIwKu1yxT84Yutfol98WGWhZF

Your log is incomplete

Also, you have 2 versions of ModuleManager in your GameData folder - Please only use the latest one

When approaching the surface of Eve (1km or below) I get stutters at regular time intervals once every second.

On the surface it is once every 2 seconds.

Does anyone else get this or know what might cause this?

Edited by Astronomer

1 hour ago, Astronomer said:

When approaching the surface of Eve (1km or below) I get stutters at regular time intervals once every second.

That sounds like garbage collection, you can use the MemGraph mod to see if that is the case. 

Anyone else ever collide with something called parallax plane 17? It happens to me at the end of the runway when I have to dip near the ground before the water to get enough speed to take off. Doesn't happen when I turn off the collision in the config. Other than that the collisions seem to work fine for me despite using a decent amount of mods some of which are outdated. 

On 3700x with 3070, I'm getting 12fps when getting close to Mountain behind KSC. Not having such unplayable framerate with other biomes. Any recommendations?

Check this album for FPS / GPU / CPU activities during play.

Currently using Kopernicus BE version UBEE_1110_58, with visual mods including Planet Shine and Engine Lighting Relit.

18 hours ago, Astronomer said:

Tried out a rover on EVE, and got the same behaviour. My FPS counter is steadily at 30 and shows a drop to 15 during the stutter. It happens no matter if you are moving or not.

On a more positive note, you weren't lying when you said you had done some optimization: my framerate doubled! (moho: 35 ==> >60; eve : 15 ==> 30; mun: 20 ==> 45)

You know I was about to ask for you to add collisions to the ground because it needs kopernicus anyways  but then I see the forum.. anyways when will 1.2.0 come out of pre release because I want the new version on CKAN but not going to happen as the new version in beta. Also  for some reason, all the planets (except Kerbin) appear completely pink like as if there was an error. These are three reason this could have occurred: I have planet packs installed. Two: I delte see the mun textures because I have a mod that completely change’s the mun so it would not have worked. Three: it is a bug. Please tell me why. I play with outer planets mod, better duna, and event horizon planet packs”s. I’m sorry if I gave you a headache but I just had to say all this. Also I watched your YouTube.

Edited by Rocketry101

31 minutes ago, vinix said:

Tried out a rover on EVE, and got the same behaviour. My FPS counter is steadily at 30 and shows a drop to 15 during the stutter. It happens no matter if you are moving or not.

On a more positive note, you weren't lying when you said you had done some optimization: my framerate doubled! (moho: 35 ==> >60; eve : 15 ==> 30; mun: 20 ==> 45)

Maybye your computer potato? Tell me if I’m wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Rocketry101 said:

Maybye your computer potato? Tell me if I’m wrong. 

You're a potato. I get good framerate with a 2080 Super, but the stutter is still there and freezes the game for half a second every 2 seconds.

Just now, Astronomer said:

You're a potato. I get good framerate with a 2080 Super, but the stutter is still there and freezes the game for half a second every 2 seconds.

Can confirm this happening on my 9900k and 2080S. Sounds like it's the garbage collector. Will investigate!

3 minutes ago, Astronomer said:

Yes, I am using KS3P, Scatterer, and a few others.

Thanks for telling me. I knew Scatterer was compatible. I was asking this as I had a glitch where all the planets except kerbin turned completely pink. The other thing not related to this is I love astronomers visual pack even though it not really maintained bye you any more. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think it not maintained bye you anymore as another modder countinued it.

Edited by Rocketry101

3 minutes ago, Rocketry101 said:

Thanks for telling me. I knew Scatterer was compatible. I was asking this as I had a glitch where all the planets except kerbin turned completely pink. The other thing not related to this is I love astronomers visual pack even though it not really maintained bye you any more. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think it not maintained bye you anymore as another modder countinued it.

Thanks! I did not give explicit permission to anyone to maintain my mod, but given my long absence this is fair.

Will there be AVP2? We'll see ;).

1 minute ago, Astronomer said:

Will there be AVP2? We'll see ;).

There has been an excellent continuation of your mod. If you are planning a new AVP, possible features could include custom Parallax terrain, although I am a big fan of the stock configs. I would not ignore the work that @themaster401 has done on AVP-Beyond. A successor should feature his input as well as your own.

15 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

PlanetShine is notoriously for causing tons of framerate problems. Can you try without it?

Just tried it, still getting rock-solid 12fps near mountains, and getting around 72fps on Airstrip.

Seeing VRAM usage around 7.5~8GB but I don't think this is the problem.. or is it?

Will attach some logs if there's some debugging feature on this mod - or KSP.log file itself if it suits you better - if you need it!

3 hours ago, jupiterbjy said:

Just tried it, still getting rock-solid 12fps near mountains, and getting around 72fps on Airstrip.

Seeing VRAM usage around 7.5~8GB but I don't think this is the problem.. or is it?

Will attach some logs if there's some debugging feature on this mod - or KSP.log file itself if it suits you better - if you need it!

I'll need your KSP.log. Are terrain scatters enabled? They are a massive CPU draw when Kopernicus is installed and make the stock game almost unplayable with them turned on. When I visited the mountains with them enabled, my FPS tanked as well 

Oh my, I'm terribly sorry, disabling Terrain scatters fixed it.

Maybe we need to add line Disable Terrain scatter on FAQ and installation manuals to remind, encourage users to disable it. Since Korpernicus literally had no impact on fps and CPU usage other than mountain, I didn't even think of reducing graphic qualities.

Also can't say I thought Scatterer on FAQ meant Terrain scatter outloud.

Edit: Now this looks insane. It's whole new level of experience.

aelv2XA.png

Edited by jupiterbjy
Added image of collision in action