Jump to content

[1.11.x] Parallax, A PBR Terrain Shader [1.2.1]


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Are you sure Kopernicus displays Nyan Cat itself? Maybe it signals an emergency condition to MM somehow, and MM then does it?

Actually, having looked at a couple other posts, it seems like only MM does that.

There are three conditions where it happens:

  1. April Fool's Day (Apr 1st)
  2. National Cat Day in Japan (Feb 22nd)
  3. Lastly, when MM is out of date.

It's not Kopernicus causing the cats, but it may be causing other issues.

I would be helpful if Sarbian added something that distinguished the "easter egg" cats from error cats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Hmm, MM has the cat images in its source code;

Kopernicus doesn't seem to,  at least not in the analogous folder or anyplace else I've been able to find:

Are you sure Kopernicus displays Nyan Cat itself? Maybe it signals an emergency condition to MM somehow, and MM then does it?

Yeah Kopernicus doesn't ship the cats itself, but it uses ModuleManager's when it detects it's incompatible:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/blob/704ec69568944db39bca1adb11507bd6c651c5cf/src/Kopernicus/Constants/CompatibilityChecker.cs#L108-L109

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DasSkelett said:

Yeah Kopernicus doesn't ship the cats itself, but it uses ModuleManager's when it detects it's incompatible:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/blob/704ec69568944db39bca1adb11507bd6c651c5cf/src/Kopernicus/Constants/CompatibilityChecker.cs#L108-L109

Wow, Kopernicus uses reflection to set private properties in MM?! That's... pretty bad. @R-T-B, it might be a good idea to remove that. (And of course we should move this discussion somewhere more appropriate.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Maybe it signals an emergency condition to MM somehow, and MM then does it?

Nyan Cat is from ModuleManager.  It's because it's February 22, Cat Day!   And every day can be Cat Day with the command line option " -nyan-nyan". :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been having an issue with my ships seemingly colliding with the new parallax surface textures despite collisions being turned off. This is a video of two times this happened, as well as in the middle me going and verifying my global config. I saw someone saying you could turn on parallax collision visuals with Alt+3, and in the second half of the clip you can clearly see these working to jostle my craft around.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 10:53 AM, Neebel said:

Any idea when Beyond Home will get it's compatibility-update for the newest Parallx version?

this is a good question, in order to get Shaders to work, you have to run 1.0.1 in order for them to work in Beyond Home, when you go to 1.1.1 or 1.2.0, even though from orbit,  planets look beautiful, on the ground it's just a plain white model

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karma Kerman said:

this is a good question, in order to get Shaders to work, you have to run 1.0.1 in order for them to work in Beyond Home, when you go to 1.1.1 or 1.2.0, even though from orbit,  planets look beautiful, on the ground it's just a plain white model

I know, I know. That's why I was asking, but no one seems to answer, despite you.

Edited by Neebel
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 4:53 PM, Neebel said:

Any idea when Beyond Home will get it's compatibility-update for the newest Parallx version?

I'm currently working on it, but it will take some time

12 hours ago, SpongeJohn SquareLennon said:

Hello. I am a new user to this mod and used Ckan to download this mod. Just wondering, how do I get the clouds in the atmosphere of Kerbin to work? They are not currently working. Thank you for any help.

Parallax does not add clouds. Environmental Visual Enhancements does that

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I'm currently working on it, but it will take some time

Thanks for responding me. I don't want to rush you, just wanted to know. I love the Beyond Home pack and I'm really excited for this update!

Edited by Neebel
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just installed this and did test flight, it looks very very nice.

I did notice that when I landed on the Mum, with the stock Apollo like ship, the landing legs went through the terrain. The kerbal did not when he went EVA.

Is this normal?

(Latest Parallax, CKAN install. Eve and Scatterer only, was a brand new test install)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I'm currently working on it, but it will take some time

Parallax does not add clouds. Environmental Visual Enhancements does that

Thank you for the reply. Just one more question. When I loaded KSP, all that had mostly changed was that Kerbin had a darker green grass, and it had caused Kerbin to have a better looking atmosphere. Everything else worked, but I'm wondering if Kerbin was supposed to have better-looking ground. Please reply if there is a issue I have to fix. Thank you for your help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SpongeJohn SquareLennon said:

Thank you for the reply. Just one more question. When I loaded KSP, all that had mostly changed was that Kerbin had a darker green grass, and it had caused Kerbin to have a better looking atmosphere. Everything else worked, but I'm wondering if Kerbin was supposed to have better-looking ground. Please reply if there is a issue I have to fix. Thank you for your help.

Kerbin does have better looking ground. The grass varies in bumpiness, the beaches are rocky and the mountains are gravelly. You'll notice a huge difference on all the other bodies

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LaurentiuB said:

Hey all!

Does anybody has problems with jumping?  All my landings are like this. I made this landing using MechJeb and I didn't make any manual adjustments. My only mod, except parallax and kopernicus, is mechjeb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TfxRlH_8Wg

 

 

 

I'm having the same problem. Turning off the collisons dosen't seem to help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kamilo said:

I'm having the same problem. Turning off the collisons dosen't seem to help.

 

17 hours ago, LaurentiuB said:

Hey all!

Does anybody has problems with jumping?  All my landings are like this. I made this landing using MechJeb and I didn't make any manual adjustments. My only mod, except parallax and kopernicus, is mechjeb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TfxRlH_8Wg

 

 

 

Will have a fix - this is caused by the deploying of landing gear. If you quickload and don't retract/deploy, you won't have this issue. I'm going to be getting a fix out for this soon but KSP doesn't want to behave with the tests I've been doing so far

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

 

Will have a fix - this is caused by the deploying of landing gear. If you quickload and don't retract/deploy, you won't have this issue. I'm going to be getting a fix out for this soon but KSP doesn't want to behave with the tests I've been doing so far

Another try, this time without landing legs.

Is this sinking into the surface normal?

This is my collision config:

	CollisionSettings
	{
		collide = true
		flatMinmus = true
	}

What does flatMinmus does?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LaurentiuB said:

Is this sinking into the surface normal?

 

Colliders only work for landing legs and wheels. It is too hard to calculate them for larger parts or parts that should not be in contact with the ground

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vbrauber said:

How do I install the textures?

Make sure to read the user guide.

To install Parallax, you must download the Parallax-1.2.1.zip and the Parallax_StockTextures-1.2.1.zip. Open both and drag the folders inside into GameData. Make sure Kopernicus is also installed

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...