[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

25 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Uh, well idk then. 
Im sure the dev will get to it, but the newest version was supposed to fix kerbal hovering. 

https://www.dropbox.com/t/49SZ4MSJ0P9kK71V well there's the output log just in case anyone wants to look at it

did you happen to notice the edit in my last post? any ideas?

SUPER EDIT 3000: the description says it wants the ksp log not the output log so here's that https://www.dropbox.com/t/YIiYhNAmUwD9U6jA

Edited by KerbalSofaProgram

Is the terrain on the night side of airless bodies supposed to be pitch black except where lit by artificial means?

In this screenshot, the downed craft next to me is visible, but terrain is solid black except in the eva helmet's light. Happens on mun and minmus but not kerbin.nOWJZ1v.png

8 hours ago, kerbnub said:

Is the terrain on the night side of airless bodies supposed to be pitch black except where lit by artificial means?

Realistically speaking? Yes. Pitch black unless there is a light source be it natural or artificial.

I have a problem: the terrain textures are ""missing"" for parallax even tho I have installed Stock textures

Here's a part of the log:

[LOG 00:33:12.815] [Parallax] Validating /Applications/KSP_osx/KSP.app/GameData/Parallax_StockTextures/_Details/PluginData/beach_sand00.dds
[LOG 00:33:12.815] [Parallax]  - Texture doesn't exist, skipping: _DetailTexLow with filepath: Parallax_StockTextures/_Details/PluginData/beach_sand00.dds
[LOG 00:33:12.815] [Parallax] Validating /Applications/KSP_osx/KSP.app/GameData/Parallax_StockTextures/_Details/PluginData/grass_hc00.dds
[LOG 00:33:12.815] [Parallax]  - Texture doesn't exist, skipping: _DetailTexMid with filepath: Parallax_StockTextures/_Details/PluginData/grass_hc00.dds
[LOG 00:33:12.815] [Parallax] Validating /Applications/KSP_osx/KSP.app/GameData/Parallax_StockTextures/_Details/PluginData/gravel00.dds
[LOG 00:33:12.815] [Parallax]  - Texture doesn't exist, skipping: _DetailTexHigh with filepath: Parallax_StockTextures/_Details/PluginData/gravel00.dds
[LOG 00:33:12.816] [Parallax] Validating /Applications/KSP_osx/KSP.app/GameData/Parallax_StockTextures/_Details/PluginData/steep_sandstone00.dds
[LOG 00:33:12.816] [Parallax]  - Texture doesn't exist, skipping: _DetailSteepLow with filepath: Parallax_StockTextures/_Details/PluginData/steep_sandstone00.dds
[LOG 00:33:12.816] [Parallax] Validating /Applications/KSP_osx/KSP.app/GameData/Parallax_StockTextures/Kerbin/PluginData/mid00.dds
[LOG 00:33:12.816] [Parallax]  - Texture doesn't exist, skipping: _DetailSteepMid with filepath: Parallax_StockTextures/Kerbin/PluginData/mid00.dds

2 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

in GameData u need:

Kopernicus

Parallax

Parallax_StockTextures

and of course the latest version of all paralax 1.2.3, ksp 1.11.2

p.s if its not working a fresh install to test is best

Nope, I just installed a fresh copy and deleted the old one but it still shows the same logs and white textures. I have no other visual mods.

But there's something that I don't understand: Why is the filepath set to KSP_osx<<KSP.app<<Gamedata?

Because my Gamedata folder is: KSP_osx<<Gamedata. I'm just curious, i don't understand so much these hard codes and logs.

I have another question too: since the new updated Kopernicus from R-T-B has been released is it OK too for parallax?

Here's some pics: https://imgur.com/a/mnsydIq

Edited by QuantumS1ngularity

36 minutes ago, QuantumS1ngularity said:

But there's something that I don't understand: Why is the filepath set to KSP_osx<<KSP.app<<Gamedata?

Because my Gamedata folder is: KSP_osx<<Gamedata. I'm just curious, i don't understand so much these hard codes and logs.

Post your full log on Pastebin or something. It's been awhile since I've had Kerbal installed under OS X but I'm pretty sure there isn't a Gamedata folder inside the app bundle

2 hours ago, somnambulist said:

Post your full log on Pastebin or something. It's been awhile since I've had Kerbal installed under OS X but I'm pretty sure there isn't a Gamedata folder inside the app bundle

So, it looks like the KSP.app filepath is correct, since it is present in other mods I have installed too, the problem remains unknown.

Here's the full Log I found in KSP.log: https://justpaste.it/872ov

It will take some time to load.

So.. Ugh... Stubid question, but will it work on my typewriter? 'cause my GPU is pretty outdated and has only 2 gigs of memory.

Spoiler

JuhUGIU.jpg

----

NVM. Checked myself. it works and it looks awesome. But RAM usage skyrockets for me. Not a big problem - I have plenty ram.
But one of my Mun bases went underground and exploded when I accelerated time near it. 
First, I tried to accelerate time by pressing key couple times - it started acceleration and then halted it. Game thinks that my base moves. Then i hit 'accelerate to next morning' and it whent to see if Kraken is sound asleep underground. And Kraken wasn't asleep. He patiently waited for that moment =|
It's recreateable. Sometimes it doesn't allow you to accelerate time. Sometimes it does, but base goes underground and POOF! No base.

Spoiler

G87LylW.png
yyYp9Cp.png
kO1b1Fx.png

But if i retract all landing legs - it works just fine. But nearby rover still goes underground and explodes.

Spoiler

t6uMeRi.png
tXthG4n.png
KS0OKA5.png

And if I retract rover wheels - it stays here just fine.
Let's go to my heavy rover and check if Lynx rover wheels work well with timeskip.
...Nope. They don't. I can't retract them so I can't timewarp.

Spoiler

sTjZtwX.png
2pH4GiY.png
LxLuRjR.png

Let's check it out on Minmus.
...Yep. On Minmus everything is fine. Base and Rover can survive timewarps.

Spoiler

RhmnQbM.png
DnCIhrs.png

Sooo... How can I fix it? Am I alone here?

Edited by SuppaTenko

Hey

Spoiler

xG1DWnD.jpeg

I was wondering, is this how it's supposed to look?

Just wondering if the installation was ok as i don't see thesame cool effects as in the trailer. but idk if it's only on other planets or not since i uhm have a hard time with that ^^

27 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

Is this mod working on KSP V1.10.x? The Use Guide file in the download folder says something about download correct version for a KSP version? I only found one version of this mod.

Should work just fine. 
Make sure you have the right Kopernicus. 

1 hour ago, Mitohnesprudel said:

If I uninstall parallax everything is fine.

Witch parallax are you using? There are some specific instructions to get it to work, and it's not supported by JNSQ.

This is the version you want. It's only textures, so you need to get Parallax and move some files around. Set scatters to 100 and  quality to JNSQ-high. Don't use to many lights around bumpy terrain, it will kill your frame rate.

Edited by snkiz
Very specific instructions.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

FYI, you have an infringer:  https://spacedock.info/mod/2768/LizardMan's Visual Collection

@VITAS will probably take it down if you object.

This breaches my license so I do not approve of this modpack. The creator did not approach me for permission before uploading either. Thanks for bringing this to my attention :) 

What is the best parallax settings for a low-end pc? I run it on such a pc with 2 to 6 fps when on ground on any planet...I wonder if tweaking the ParallaxGlobal.cfg might bring a high fps (by high, I mean 10-15 fps :)). 

17 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

This breaches my license so I do not approve of this modpack. The creator did not approach me for permission before uploading either. Thanks for bringing this to my attention :) 

Doom music starts.