[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

Is there a reason its not "synchronised" with the terrain height?

Spoiler

This is concidered "on the ground"

FUDflKI.png

Spoiler

and this too

7VyL3sg.jpg

Its telling me its missing the "paralax core" when loading the game.

Edited by maculator

17 hours ago, Kerbal Productions said:

So  that means it is temporarily removed and will be updated soon?

Per @Gameslinx that could be a possibility without commitments.  I would like them back as well but this is just a hobby within this game on his free time.

15 hours ago, Woolyz said:

Guys did anyone else have this issue?

Not on my install of KSP v1.11.2.  I suggest that you run another install of KSP with just Parallax latest version and see if the issue comes up or not.  Report back with your results.

36 minutes ago, maculator said:

Reveal hidden contents

This is concidered "on the ground"

FUDflKI.png

Reveal hidden contents

and this too

7VyL3sg.jpg

Its telling me its missing the "paralax core" when loading the game.

Did you install all the latest version of Parallax dependencies?

1 hour ago, maculator said:

It's something I did wrong in the code. KSP uses two different triangle winding orders for the terrain mesh for some stupid reason and I got the code to detect it wrong. In update 1.3.1 I'll be addressing this, and the hovering above the ground will be fixed

36 minutes ago, THX-1138 said:

I would like them back as well but this is just a hobby within this game on his free time.

They will be coming back but I want to focus on making sure that the newest feature, Advanced Subdivision, works well. It has a bug as I mentioned above which would make troubleshooting the code for collisions harder than it already is. It is easier for me to focus on them separately

On 7/14/2021 at 5:11 PM, Entropian said:

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to create Parallax configs for RSS, but I have a really dumb question: how do I get the stock textures to apply to a RSS body?  So far, I've tried changing the name in the ParallaxTerrain config, but it doesn't seem to apply to the RSS body in question.  Can anybody give me some advice on this?  Thanks.

Still having trouble with this - I tried several variations and looked in the wiki and it didn't seem to have any details for this.  Does anybody know of a solution to this?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Entropian said:

Still having trouble with this - I tried several variations and looked in the wiki and it didn't seem to have any details for this.  Does anybody know of a solution to this?  Thanks.

I think @ItsJustLuci has been working on RSSParallax so maybe try consulting with them. 

7 hours ago, Navyjoker2000 said:

What happens when you turn off tessalation? I am hoping it will prevent my bases from exploding when I load into them because they slam into the ground. Is the tessalation what makes the game think they are suspended a few feet above ground?

Parallax doesn't touch physics at the moment so it isn't causing your crafts to explode on load

7 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Parallax doesn't touch physics at the moment so it isn't causing your crafts to explode on load

Well, when I updated parallax to 1.3 , some of my ships would spawn a few dozen meters above the surface. No big deal with hyperedit, as it only happened only once upon the first loading in said cases. That was on KSP 1.11.2, with collisions previously enabled before updating.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:12 PM, THX-1138 said:

LANDED%202.jpg

Was just browsing through the thread and saw this. I do not have this level of depth on my install with Parallax. Its there. But much more flat looking at a similar lighting level. Is this a custom configuration? Im using the latest version of Parallax on KSP 1.11.

Edited by Motokid600

12 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Was just browsing through the thread and saw this. I do not have this level of depth on my install with Parallax. Its there. But much more flat looking at a similar lighting level. Is this a custom configuration? Im using the latest version of Parallax on KSP 1.11.

Make sure your terrain shader quality is set to Ultra and that your graphics card supports tessellation

25 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Make sure your terrain shader quality is set to Ultra and that your graphics card supports tessellation

Quality is on ultra. Card is a 3090 so should be good. Maybe its just me... axc3RFi.jpg

Or maybe the user I linked was using a TUFX profile because its way darker. But just in general does that look right to you? I just feel like there isnt an many shadows compared to the other picture. All that is maxed as well.

Edited by Motokid600

5 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

I just feel like there isnt an many shadows compared to the other picture. All that is maxed as well.

Yeah it doesn't look like you have shadows. Make sure your shadow cascades are set to 4 in the settings. Feel free to share your settings.cfg file if that doesn't help. Those rocks should be casting shadows behind them and it doesn't look like they are. Other than that, everything else looks fine.

You could try going to Ike - The rocks there are taller and cast shadows better

Shadows are on 4. However celestial bodies cast shadows is set to false. ( Caused some graphical bugs last I remember ) Could that be not helping? Its not that im trying to get that shot per say. Just want to make sure everything is functioning as it should.

Edited by Motokid600

16 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Shadows are on 4. However celestial bodies cast shadows is set to false. ( Caused some graphical bugs last I remember ) Could that be not helping? Its not that im trying to get that shot per say. Just want to make sure everything is functioning as it should.

Enable it, see if that helps, then disable it if it doesn't do anything. I don't think that affects Parallax shadows anyway because it uses its own layer but it's better to be safe than sorry

Well terrain shadows seem to be better all around with that enabled. There does seem to be more depth in the tessellated shadows, but truth be told I really cant tell. It looks a little better. But then some angles are better then others so its hard to say. Its just me being paranoid lol. Ty for your time.

Edit: Hmm. I just alt tabbed back into the game. Tessellation is gone, textures are flat and theres a big block of terrain missing. o.O

Edit2: Scene reload fixed it.

Edited by Motokid600

1 hour ago, Motokid600 said:

Hmm. I just alt tabbed back into the game. Tessellation is gone, textures are flat and theres a big block of terrain missing. o.O

Edit2: Scene reload fixed it.

This might happen from time to time - You won't fall through the ground if it happens again, it just visually isn't there. I'm still working a few bugs out with the most recent major update because I'm using a completely new system to increase the terrain detail. Expect an update soon bringing a few fixes :)

On 7/26/2021 at 10:20 PM, Woolyz said:

Guys did anyone else have this issue?

For people having issues with flickering ground when moving the camera, try removing ModularFlightIntegrator. Worked for me. update scatterer to at least 0.0772.

Edited by tom1328732

36 minutes ago, tom1328732 said:

For people having issues with flickering ground when moving the camera, try removing ModularFlightIntegrator. Worked for me.

But this is dependency for Kopernicus! Works fine without it? And if I also have installed OPM?

On 7/30/2021 at 10:48 PM, Motokid600 said:

For that specific screenshot I was using KPS 1.11.2 and the previous version of Parallax, v1.2.3 (with physics collisions turned on).  Also I was using PlanetShine (no longer recommended to be used along with Parallx at this time).   I still have not installed TUFX.

Edited by THX-1138