[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

21 hours ago, Drupegod02 said:

Wow! That looks amazing! Is parallax the mod causing the purple-ish sun flare? I have parallax, scatterer, and eve redux installed but Im not getting the sunflare.

2 hours ago, Bellabong said:

It's one of the sunflares from 

Sunflares are out of the scope of Parallax. Beyond Home (Linx's planet pack) has my flares built-in and customized. Note: They're still useable without Scatterer (good for situations like this) so you'll have to edit the config files in Beyond Home, that control the flares. All that you have to do are a few little deletions... Or, yes, to do the fix that's suggested by Bellabong

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I don't have any displacement maps for my textures. Is there a setting I need to enable for this to work?

https://imgur.com/aNE7wzG - Textures are working
https://imgur.com/bIEkgnP - Displacement isn't working

I have tried both 1.12.2 and 1.12.1 with:
- Parallax 1.3.0
- Kopernicus 1.12.1 release 59
- Parallax Stock Textures 1.3.0

Edited by zestyy_1

Hi all, I just wanted to make a quick post to let everyone know that an update is still in the works but taking longer than expected. I started off by developing the next part of Parallax - Asteroids - but I want to focus on a few bugs present in the current version before trying to add new stuff. University is starting again for me shortly. In the time between now and then, I'm taking some short time off to focus on getting my bearings for the new academic year. Thanks for all the feedback and I hope to get an update ready as soon as I feel comfortable to continue :) 

8 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Hi all, I just wanted to make a quick post to let everyone know that an update is still in the works but taking longer than expected. I started off by developing the next part of Parallax - Asteroids - but I want to focus on a few bugs present in the current version before trying to add new stuff. University is starting again for me shortly. In the time between now and then, I'm taking some short time off to focus on getting my bearings for the new academic year. Thanks for all the feedback and I hope to get an update ready as soon as I feel comfortable to continue :) 

Wonderful to hear that! Eagerly awaiting the update.

ATM I'm getting some strange shadows just under the ship at low orbit. Also, city lights have a bad case of Z-fighting, even from orbit, so disabled those in EVE for the moment.

BlGwUDJ.jpg

Have a prosperous academic year!

Edited by Sheppard

hi! i just installed Parallax and Parallax_StockTextures in the GameData folder.

However when KSP loads up it says "parallax has no  met dependency stock textures"  :huh:. anyone had this happen? i double checked both folders are there

Edited by dresoccer4

even though I'm getting a loading error, i think Parallax stock textures have loaded. however something strange is happening, as you can see in the screenshot. as i'm flying 8km above the mun what looks like rock shadows are following me in a trail and my FPS has tanked down to 30 fps (from a typical 120+fps).

Is this a Parallax scenario?

1-pall.jpg

4 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

hi! i just installed Parallax and Parallax_StockTextures in the GameData folder.

However when KSP loads up it says "parallax has no  met dependency stock textures"  :huh:. anyone had this happen? i double checked both folders are there

Can you send a link to your KSP.log?

2 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

even though I'm getting a loading error, i think Parallax stock textures have loaded. however something strange is happening, as you can see in the screenshot. as i'm flying 8km above the mun what looks like rock shadows are following me in a trail and my FPS has tanked down to 30 fps (from a typical 120+fps).

Is this a Parallax scenario?

1-pall.jpg

Can you do the same? Thanks :)

26 minutes ago, Miza said:

Is there a way to disable the effect on certain planets only? I'm getting a lot of flickering with EVE's city lighting/textures. I wouldn't mind turning this mod off on just Kerbin. 

Open ParallaxTerrain.cfg (located in the Parallax_StockTextures folder), and delete everything from line 2 to line 43 (from Body to the closing brace a line above the next Body) to disable Parallax for Kerbin. The rest of the planets follow the same format, so you can repeat until satisfied.

On 8/30/2021 at 12:36 AM, Gameslinx said:

Are you also going to update Beyond Home to the newer Parallax versions and for the newer KSP versions in general? It's such an amazing mod, would be a shame if you abandoned it.

I'm also keen on a Beyond Home update to KSP 1.10.1+, as Im making a series on twitch/youtube thats combining RP-1 with your Beyond Home system!  Its coming along great, but the FPS drop from having to use Parallax 1.0.1 is a killer to the quality =(

Im available to do any config changes (with a template) if you need grunt work done to save you time.

Thanks a HEAP for your game changing mod(s) btw, great work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I discovered Kerbal during the lockdown and now I am in the deep hole of the mod world :)

I have a question: when I boot the game, it says that Parallax is set on "ULTRA", and the game runs verdy badly (10-15fps). How do I change the settings to "normal"? In the .cfg file I only see a bunch of numeric values, and no one changes what I read on boot.

I tried using this a while back, and it worked OK, except there was some kind of conflict with the "terrain scattering" (those fake rocks, trees, etc.). Has that been resolved? I don't see any mention in the FAQ.

OK, never mind. I just found my old post, and it was actually a Kopernicus bug. Is Kopernicus required?

Edited by mikegarrison

On 9/2/2021 at 8:25 PM, Neebel said:

Are you also going to update Beyond Home to the newer Parallax versions and for the newer KSP versions in general?

Yes, however the update is taking longer than I expected. Also see below

On 8/29/2021 at 11:36 PM, Gameslinx said:

Edited by Gameslinx

11 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Yes, however the update is taking longer than I expected. Also see below

Thanks for the response! I've read your post already, just wanted to ask if the "update in the works" also accounts for Beyond Home.

4 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Having an issue with Parallax with it installed, at night the hills look like this

unknown.png

here is the log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/yet0u974qdzma30/Player.log?dl=0

Not really an issue, it's just Parallax conflicting with EVE's city lights. Disable them or delete the config.