Anyone else noticed the KSC is in africa?

Neil Kermstrong

1 hour ago, Entropian said:

I noticed that too.  The part to the northwest also resembles Iberia, and the eastern peninsula resembles the Korean peninsula.

True

1 hour ago, UmbralRaptor said:

It's a coincidence -- the terrain started as a default perlin noise map, and has since seen various modifications (eg: the long river, the crater, etc)

Well then it's a heavy coincidence

I believed 'm believing it's on Zanzibar, the islands are Madagascar, and the mountains to the North are Kilimanjaro, but in some thread they explained, that it's just randomly generated, and it's a full nonsense.

Now I'm trying to understand, why are they trying to hide the obvious fact that this is Africa.
I believe, this has something to do with the Crater. What did they do there, how did it appear?..

7 hours ago, UmbralRaptor said:

It's a coincidence -- the terrain started as a default perlin noise map, and has since seen various modifications (eg: the long river, the crater, etc)

U C? They are still trying to do that.

(The music from X-Files plays...)

P.S..
Maybe it's randomly generated, but they could choose any other random map, but had chosen exactly this one, with Africa.
And now they are trying to deny for some reasons.

Upd.
Or the Earth is also randomly generated by the same utility...
Then we have problems...

Edited by kerbiloid

4 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

P.S..
Maybe it's randomly generated, but they could choose any other random map, but had chosen exactly this one, with Africa.
And now they are trying to deny for some reasons.

We know that there wasn’t much thought put into the original layout of the world* because it was literally just a horizontal flip of the example planet from that program

*With all due respect to HarvesteR of course - there were more important things to focus on at the time.

Edited by RyanRising

I have a theory, but to confirm it I'll have to make an expedition to the ice walls around the northern latitudes to see if Slartibartfast's signature is carved there anywhere.

Edited by HvP

17 hours ago, RyanRising said:

We know that there wasn’t much thought put into the original layout of the world* because it was literally just a horizontal flip of the example planet from that program

*With all due respect to HarvesteR of course - there were more important things to focus on at the time.

now that im looking at this it does kinda check out lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.