0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

I'm surprised this isn't in this thread yet.

[spoiler=Silly spoiler tag is silly. :P]DB1Tj.jpg

I suppose it's not really an easter egg, since Harv announced it'd be in the game, but I think it's quite cool regardless. It's also super-easy to find even without cheaty add-ons.

Edited by Sordid

I've been orbiting around Ike in search of said anomaly, and haven't seen much. You mention that it probably won't show up on a mapper, so I'm inclined to believe that it is actually something incorporated into the terrain itself. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary on the equator, though.

EDIT: My Iketian orbiter disappeared completely. ???

Edited by Candre

I'm surprised this isn't in this thread yet.

[spoiler=Silly spoiler tag is silly. :P]DB1Tj.jpg

I suppose it's not really an easter egg, since Harv announced it'd be in the game, but I think it's quite cool regardless. It's also super-easy to find even without cheaty add-ons.

Well if you mention that I think this deserves a mention as well, not really an easter egg but still a point of interest.

ieMFN.png

This is the best image I have got so far

fullpicture.png

Looks like 4 kerbals or aliens and a signal linking duna and ike. Maybe a signature or message in the top left possibly the face on duna in the bottom right. No idea what the three dots are? (some thing may be better seen in better renders)

Looks like 4 kerbals or aliens and a signal linking duna and ike. Maybe a signature or message in the top left possibly the face on duna in the bottom right. No idea what the three dots are? (some thing may be better seen in better renders)

17Ajx

The three dots on the right side of the signal could represent the three inner planets. The three white dots align with what appears to be a rendering of Duna, the 4th planet. No idea what the rest of the image represents though. Where on Duna was the signal found?

A few people have made some statements about the image; some are patently absurd. This has led me to believe that not everyone has understood the implication of the mysterious sound (actually a slow sequence television broadcast (SSTV) emitting from Duna) or the image. Heck, in my time writing this someone just said 'the three dots could represent three inner planets', well duh.

The image appears to be a crude version of the plates that were included with the Pioneer series of deep space satellites, which can be found here:

http://www.setv.org/jpgs/pioneer_10_plaque.gif

On the right hand side we have Kol and three planets, to the left we have one planet segregated from the others. This brings two inferences however. If the planet is to be understood as laterally set aside from the rest of the Kolar system then it is the third planet, Kerbin. If it is to be understood that the planet is instead deducted from the planets depicted it is the fourth planet.

We also have four humanoid (kumanoid?) creatures standing abreast, assumedly Duna's inhabitants or at least those who are transmitting the SSTV for us, assumably in the future, to find and decode. We also have a pyramid extending what appears to be a transmission to another planet that is slightly out of frame and not part of the Kolar system.

I haven't explored much of this game, in fact, I only know of these anomalies because of this thread, but I would assume that there is a pyramid somewhere that is sending another SSTV signal? One could even guess that perhaps the device transmitting the signal IS a pyramid that is now underground given that we have Curiosity's mast under a meter or two of Duna soil now. If Curiosity is now, for it to be covered in that much soil we can assume would be thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years, thus working back for a pyramid of any reasonable size to be buried it would have to be millions of years old.

The above paragraph is primarily inference, just as one would infer that clearly they had nuclear fusion capability as fissions half life (or even plutonium for rad iso power) would have died out and the transmission ceased. Just me brain farting, not actually what the developers had probably intended.

The most curious elements besides the mystical missing planet (Perhaps we have neighbors living there, who knows! Although I doubt they'd be much worth contacting as even our own planet is pretty boring, in fact, we have collected all the living beings on our planet for our space program after all! (Seriously devs, stop being lazy, add some ****ing cities for us to crash into.)) is the weird symbol. It looks like a retarded 4. 4th planet? Surely it has a meaning or purpose, or it wouldn't have been included?

Then on the flipside we have the ultimate possibility, "Watch, I'll add a random shape to this ****, it'll have those idiots guessing for MONTHS as to what it means, I bet they'll work it into all kinds of grand conspiracies!" from a cruel dev joke.

looking at that sound-generated image, I could imagine being another intelligent species puzzling over the markings on voyagers gold disc. maybe they are the sole survivors of a volcanic eruption? and they escaped to the three inner planets? perhaps one of them eventually evolved into our beloved kerbals! I see Bill, Bob, Jebediah and.... ? O.o

The three dots could represent the three inner planets.

ya makes since Kerbin Eva and Moho (not counting duna) but after awhile i started thinking that it might be Bill Jeb and Bob<-----Bob lives on Bop thats why its so ugly (sorry a bit Off Topic)

Hmmm... do any planets have 3 main moons? ;)

Lets do a count down: Doho 0 Eva 1 Kerbain 2

(not counting the endless kerbals on EVA STUCK orbiting it) Duna 1 Jool 4

so we can concluded: no