0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

The north pole on Ike is oddly pyramidal.

[spoiler=]

WIdvC.png

Nova said that mapsats won't pick up whatever is on Ike, so it's probably a geological formation. This is the only thing out of the ordinary I have found so far.

The north pole on Ike is oddly pyramidal.

[spoiler=]

WIdvC.png

Nova said that mapsats won't pick up whatever is on Ike, so it's probably a geological formation. This is the only thing out of the ordinary I have found so far.

Oooh, dot-connecting time.

fullpicture.png

Could this be related to the pyramid shown in the picture?

Wow, I just though of something!

[spoiler=]A while ago Nova posted this:

0ipi3.png

Don\'t you worry about easter eggs, let me worry about blank!

I found this in the debug log:

2dar3.jpg

That makes it seem like the "Magic Boulder is some small object either in orbit around Duna, or between Duna's and Jool's orbits.

I'm guessing that this image is some sort of map to find it:

RDCUS.png

Of course, all of this is just speculation.

Of course, all of this is fitting together.. or we're forcing puzzle pieces together (which would end quick for us in that case)

Magic Boulder... I hope it's bigger than it sounds, hopefully something the size of Bop or Gilly (even though that's going to be hell to find between Jool and Duna..

«In orbit between Duna and Jool»?Russell's Teapot? We talked about it a while ago, on the .17 pre-release thread!... Although the debut log doesn't seem to list the started orbit by growing distances from Kerbol, so this Magic Boulder could be anywhere, really. But I definitely like Ike's pyramidal pole!

Wow, I just though of something!

[spoiler=]A while ago Nova posted this:

I found this in the debug log:

2dar3.jpg

That makes it seem like the "Magic Boulder is some small object either in orbit around Duna, or between Duna's and Jool's orbits.

I'm guessing that this image is some sort of map to find it:

RDCUS.png

Of course, all of this is just speculation.

I'm pretty sure it have a link whit the face on duna...

Edited by mrrpamplemousse
just an error...

I feel like its important to note that the figures heads look way to big to be humans, and if you look closely the do resemble Kerbals. There is one problem though, if that image is showing Duna, why aren't they wearing helmets?

If some one already has said this sorry but I might have an idea where the magic bolder is! Ok if you look closely there is a line coming down from hill/pyramid and it is pointing at the (what I thought was the Duna face but is Duna) south pole of DUNA! and the weird shape in the top left must be Ike and some lines or message so the magic bolder might be above a possible pyramid on the south pole of Duna or Ike! :o I'm differently going to Duna and doing pole to pole rover search tomorrow (if I can make it there first lol)

I feel like its important to note that the figures heads look way to big to be humans, and if you look closely the do resemble Kerbals. There is one problem though, if that image is showing Duna, why aren't they wearing helmets?

Look closely at the forehead. Is it me, or does it appear to be bulging?

%7Boption%7D

My theory is that those are kerbaloid aleins, and we find them at the north pole of Ike when the planets are aligned.

Look closely at the forehead. Is it me, or does it appear to be bulging?

%7Boption%7D

My theory is that those are kerbaloid aleins, and we find them at the north pole of Ike when the planets are aligned.

The problem with them being "Aliens" is I remember the devs saying they would never add Aliens to the game, but I can't remember where. It might have been on Kurt's stream.

I haven't seen anyone posting about this interesting landing site I found on Mun the other day. Anyone know what it might be in reference of? Some petrified space alien, some space-time portal or just an interesting geological anomaly?

I know they don't actually resemble it very much but every time I see one of those "arch" pictures it reminds me of the Guardian of Forever

I have a theory. in that picture from Duna, the pyramid is the rock/mound of dirt where the transmission came from, which is why the red line looks like an arrow pointing down on the "pyramid" and the 4 figures are the ones who made it, transmitting their location to the home planet maybe? and then the weird hieroglyphic at the top is like a map pointing to the location of Duna, or the Mysterious object Nova was talking about? perhaps that is what this message is, a map pointing to the mother ship (mysterious object)

EDIT: maybe the red line pointing to the pyramid is how they traveled to a home planet to the mound?

So I recently completed a map of Eve with the ISA mapsat mod and noticed there wasn't anything registering as an anomaly. I did notice though that there is one unexplained really deep spot in the ocean.

Imageshack is giving me grief so here is a direct link to the pic

The real question is can I make in interplanetary submarine?

Edited by SasquatchM

The second this update came out with all these new planets I knew they had to throw it a secret asteroid. They've even said it sounded like a cool idea in the suggestions Category when someone said they should make far away planets me blurry or invisible in the map view.

I think that the 'Magic Boulder' is orbiting Duna and it has something to do with that line path on the decoded sound image.