0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

You're welcome :) The bottom grey area is the "last sequence" of the signal (the very brief one, lasting only 3 seconds or so). It looks like a part of the main picture, but moved to the right a bit (see the broad white band). As for the black end, this is just the software trying to decode when the signal's already over, don't worry about it.

UiTDB.jpg

So far, everybody seems to assume the red beam is being emitted towards the top of the picture by the pyramid... but doesn't it rather look like an arrow pointing down at the pyramid?

I noticed the lower right circle has polar caps, so it could be Duna. If there is a pyramid on Ike, is Duna ever in that position just below the horizon looking towards the sun when those planets are aligned? I'm too lazy to check at the moment

OR: stand next to the pyramid when the inner planets align with duma at sunset/rise? :P

Edited by Nurb

Yes, I recently re-discovered' the ISA mapping plugin, so I started out mapping Kerbin, Mun and Minmus to start with (I haven't attempted an interplanetary flight yet, still getting used to the rebalanced/new parts, haven't played much lately).

I immediately found that Mun is stuffed with 'anomalies'. I picked one at random and I found the Neil Armstrong Monument!

Armstrong.png

Mapping.png

This one is located (near) 0 N 338 W (that's where I landed, actual location is ~5km away). It's the middle one of those 3 who are close together.

I really need somekind of basic compass-coordinates plugin, I usually have no idea where I am :P)

Doesn't the Kerbographic society (or however that fan-fiction group is called) have a thread to catalogue these?

edit: I wanted to relocated to some of the other objects, but I killed Jeb by jetpacking too fast :(

Edited by OrtwinS

Hello everybody. I'm an idiot. *double handed face palm*

Blanked in shame, feel free to delete this mods. Couldn't figure out wtf people were thinking the sun was a planet, clearly my grasp of Kerbalese is lacking. >_>

Edited by bashpr0mpt
Shame.

Why would Kerbin be yellow? What's at the end of the three inner planets heading in that direction? The sun. Duh. Wtf is with people being all "LOL ITS DUNA", "LOL ITS AN ORANGE", it's Kol. It's obviously, undeniably, and probably the only thing we can be sure of, the star in the system, with the three planets outside it and the fourth planet being the one we're on set aside. The pyramid is transmitting a signal to a planet that is out of frame, that part is a mystery.

Kerbol is the name of the star.

Wow this is really interesting. Now I want to get to the mysterious beeping spot. But I'm still getting used to the rebalanced parts and the fixed fuel bug. :/

You were talking about the Magic Boulder. I'm surprised that everyone is still looking for it, or has it been moved since 0.16? (I haven't got much time for ksp)

It used to be close to the launch base.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/14917-0-16-Easter-Eggs?p=224094&viewfull=1#post224094

I have to say, the sound-image is one of the most entertaining mysteries I've seen someone put into a game. Part of me hopes it goes forever unsolved and the devs never explain it, just so the guy who picks up the game 5 years from now can't just google the answer.

That also makes me wonder - if it's related in some way to the mystery image that Nova posted while they were working on 0.17, that no one ever figured out.

For the Duna bit. I think the alignment part of the planets isn't the case. I am thinking back to voyager with universal language on the plate for co-ordinates. Now to break down what is being shown here. The three circles and then duna probably just mean duna. What I was looking at myself was the actual symbol. It appears geometric to me. Notice all three lines are tangental. My guess is that the crossing lines represents Duna's moon and duna itself. If the arrow is correct in the assumption that it is the pyramid on the mun. And it clearly shows something above the pyramid pointing down which is probably a reference point to the equilateral vertex. Anyways, I would need to re-draw it, but if the intersecting lines are tangental to Duna, then could be one step closer to locating the source. (also curse i-mapper for my inability to resist browsing threads)

If you have a good enough image and you look really hard, you can kinda see some sort of arrow pointing from the bottom of the pyramid to the south pole of Duna.

Okay, okay. I know. You wait for all of the inner planets to be aligned, then fly away from Duna from the south pole.

Ok everyone, so it seems that, by reading this and looking at that picture for about two seconds that no one who plays Kerbal Space Program has ever lived.

Obviously no one here has ever watched Avatar: The Last Airbender. Looking at the picture, the three circles to the right, they are the three symbols of the three nations united against the fire nation, the red symbol towards the bottom symbolizes the heart of the fire nation, located partially in the dormant volcano Caldera, which besides Ba Sing Se is often considered to be the most heavily fortified city in the Avatar world, which means that the ray going from the top of the volcano to the heavens symbolizes the solar eclipse that occurs that temporarily strips the powers of the fire nation. The circle to the left is the air symbol, meant to symbolize Aang and the lines are his journey across the world first from where his journey begins at the Southern Water Tribe, then following the main places, to the Northern Water tribe, to the city of Omashu in the Earth Kingdom, then to Ba Sing Se and finally to the Fire Nation to confront Firelord Ozai. And finally the the four people in the picture represent the four people Aang primarily traversed the nation with over the course of his journeys, Katara, Soka, himself, and Toph Beifong.

Ahem, your welcome.

I think I've finally figured out what the orange dot is once and for all.(unless someone else already stated this before, I didn't bother to check every page).

If you look closely you can see a big "L" shape between the pyramid and the orange dot, with one edge pointing to the bottom-middle part of the pyramid and the other towards the bottom of the orange dot(a.k.a Duna's south pole where the pyramid is located).

I am really interested at that picture, anyone have a better sound clip? that one is kinda maxed on the volume so it is degrading the quality, and I notice that there was a bit of a difference between the left and right channel. If nobody has a better sound clip, please PM me the location of where the sound can be heard, so I can get the best quality possible out of it, I am REALLY wanting to get the most out of that picture!

I found the video on youtube, but it seems to me that is is the same audio, the moving around when it was recorded, the recorded volume is too high clipping off part of the audio, and the encoding has degraded the picture quality significantly.

**edit**

*PalmFace*

I downloaded the video and was so obsessed with the sound I did not watch it >.<, he shows the coords! =P

Edited by NolanSyKinsley

This row of shapes is located very close to the south pole.. Infact the pole is a few hundred meters beyond the last pyramid shape.

I say shape because they are not really pyramids. There are more faces on most of them at irregular angles. But from this angle they are very pyramid like.

And almost directly to the left at 90 degrees from this angle is Ike in its geostationary wobbly orbit.

That could be the off planet in the upper left part of the SSTV image.

One other thing I noticed in the SSTV image is next to the red arrow pointing at the pyramid there are a number of white dots evenly spaced.....

screenshot145o.png

HMMmmm..

i find the 2nd part of the secret SSTV file much more interesting, it shows 2 humanoids standing to either side of the pyramid.

WJ2wi.jpg maybe a sign of a catastrophe that caused some of the original inhabitants of duna to move to a different planet?

Maybe they moved to Kerbin...

Or maybe it shows that some kind of conflict broke out which caused them to split up...

Perhaps it suggests that they built a wall in between (and then we have the remains being the pyramid thingies in the post above)....

I don't know these are just some ideas that came to me

Edited by Polar Bear
A SRB hit some words, had to rebuild them